Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2008   #1
1stJuankPilot

1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road
Share your GTA IV people watching stories....Cop of the year.

Wow......so I while doing the car theft missions I happened to draw some unwanted attention from the cops and figured since it was only 2 stars i'd pull over, wait for them to get out, and then peel off right?....So they try to box me in (which in this game they do an awsome job of doing) and one of the cops gets out. I blow up his car and then proceed to drive off but slowly making him run after me thinking i'm away scotch free right? WRONG.....outta nowhere I hear "Get out officer of the law, I need this vehicle", so I look back only to notice this pig has jacked someones SUV and is riding me HOT!!!!! I've never seen something like this before in a game. The cops are great, even though you may be within their range while their chasing you on foot, if you hide behind a trash bin or object they'll say "Where'd he go" and wont find you unless you make a nosie or move unlike in past GTA's in which it seemed like they had you on a GPS.

Another great feature is that peds dont get away easy either. One of them was crossing the street and was hit by another driver who wasnt paying attention and he got up, walked over to the car and punched out the window. The driver got out and they began exchanging words....then the ped pushed the driver, the driver then pushed back and a fight broke out while a huge gathering of other peds started to crowd and focus in on the dispute, chanting things like "Kick his ass,etc". A cop showed up, the ped walked away and the driver put his hands in the air while the cops gun was pointed at him and began walking....Already amazed I figured it was over right? WRONG....They didnt just walk off into the sunset, the cop walked him while his hands were still in the air to the police car, put him in the back, and drove off. And this was just one situation.

PURE, AMAZMENT.
1stJuankPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #2
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
There was one mission (I wont give any major details to who it was for and who I had to kill) where I had to chase a guy in a cop car then kill him and his friends at a house. I was going to kill them all then thought of the cops, so I dialed 911 and pressed 1 for the cops and after the call they arrived there, then I called for more cops, before I know it there were 4 cop cars there and 8 cops were in the house wasting all the guys. They ended up doing the job for me, then somehow I got a 2 star wanted level (because the game thought I did the job), by the time I got the 2 stars I was already driving off and I got away in less than 10 seconds.

Cops doing missions for you? Never expected that to happen.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #3
Marko Dash
Newbie Member

Marko Dash is an unknown quantity at this point
cops taking civilian vehicles is nice, I've had one cop try to chase me on a pink moped.
I loved Saint's Row, just too short and your character gets too little dialogue, it was like GTA on steroids, massively pumped up but something got smaller...
Marko Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #4
raikkonen

raikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these parts
Thats purely amazinG juankPilot! especially the cop carjacking thing.. its amazing wanna see that
raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #5
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
I will now start sitting still in this game to wait for things like this to happen.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #6
Sheep Shagger
Newbie Member

Sheep Shagger is on a distinguished roadSheep Shagger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by baleent View Post
I will now start sitting still in this game to wait for things like this to happen.
Yeah, I've been so busy doing my own thing I haven't stopped to really watch the npc's. These stories are great, I'll definitely start taking more time for people watching now.
Old 05-05-2008   #7
John Connor

John Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko Dash View Post
cops taking civilian vehicles is nice, I've had one cop try to chase me on a pink moped.
Ahahaha! This is hilarious. I can't wait to get back home, play the game and see these occurences on my own time. Haven't seen any yet.
"I feel it on the inside, twisting and contorting. Memory has shaped me once again. Still feel you on the inside, biting and stinging. Will I ever forget to remember?" - Mudvayne, "Forget to Remember"
John Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #8
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
I so nearly made 2 bums have a fist fight; I am determined to make this happen

BUM FIGHTS!!!

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #9
1stJuankPilot

1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road
My most recent eye witness......Started a fight between 2 peds on the pier facing the Statue of Happines.....One was knocked in and began swimming which was a surpirse to me......swam like a fish for about 2 mins, then went belly up. Litterally.
1stJuankPilot is offline   Reply With Quote