Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2008   #1
TONY_ak47
WarofArt

TONY_ak47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down GameStop "Reservation" For GTA IV May Be Meaningless

So I just read this from Kotaku, informing us that Gamestop has told its employees that to assure" guarantee of availability, for walk-in customers" they will be selling ALL available copies of GTA IV, even those reserved for pre-orders.

http://kotaku.com/385487/your-gamest...be-meaningless

I called Gamestop, and received confirmation of this. So I guess our pre-orders are indeed worthless, to the extent of availability. Still, I would check with your Gamestop.
Old 04-29-2008   #2
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
lol ive done that before with Vice city. came in, asked if they had any left, he said ya and i said im buyin one.
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #3
Rurouni
Most Wanted

Rurouni is on a distinguished roadRurouni is on a distinguished road
That sucks man but how much does it cost to pre order it.

Youtube Account - ADD
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #4
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Pre-orders are supposed to be held for 48 hours after release, but if they're really going to give those copies away earlier, that's not too cool.
Old 04-29-2008   #5
TONY_ak47
WarofArt

I only paid $10, and the guy told me that my money was still good, just that he won't guarantee that when I do want to purchase the game, they'll have it available even for the "pre-order people".
Old 04-29-2008   #6
Mazzlow
DUE TO AIDS

Mazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of light
What nobody told you is that there is a sales contest for GTAIV behind the scenes of GameStop.

Basically the top 500 stores that sell the most copies (per region), every employee of the store receives a free copy of the game (system not specified). Then what will happen is that the employees that already have the game (myself included) will simply print out a receipt of a person that bought the game with cash, and return the game using that receipt.

Me though, I'll most likely return it and put it on Metal Gear 4 or something.

GameStop's a fucked up company.

EDIT:
lol whoops, I should read because they tell you that in the news article. Wow I'm retarded.

Last edited by Mazzlow; 04-29-2008 at 10:10 PM..
Mazzlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #7
TONY_ak47
WarofArt

Talking about MGS4, I hope they don't do something like they're doing right now.

So you work at GameStop?

EDIT: lol, should have read that \/ \/ \/ \/

Last edited by TONY_ak47; 04-29-2008 at 10:39 PM..
TONY_ak47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #8
Mazzlow
DUE TO AIDS

Mazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TONY_ak47 View Post
Talking about MGS4, I hope they don't do something like they're doing right now.

So you work at GameStop?
Mazzlow
Resident GameStop Employee
Mazzlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #9
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Got mine today. So they must of have plenty where I'm at. Though they added a 51 cent tax. Thats bullshit!
Old 04-29-2008   #10
Cpt_Chris
Amateur Member

Cpt_Chris is on a distinguished roadCpt_Chris is on a distinguished road
the one i went to said they had only enough 360 versions to cover pre orders and a few extra ps3's .... technically if you reserve from gamestop its free because the min $5 you put on it comes off the final price
Cpt_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote