Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2008   #61
cheesychese
Banned
Banned

cheesychese is infamous around these partscheesychese is infamous around these partscheesychese is infamous around these partscheesychese is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrebholz View Post
Are you serious? That's COOL!
Yes, this happens in real life too!!!
cheesychese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #62
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
I KNOW it happens in real life too, smartass--I just didn't expect R* to include it.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #63
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Interior light comes on in cars when you open the door (best seen when dark)

Random Cars/bikes pulled over (i saw a biker being patted down and some guy having his trunk searched)

Tires ripping to shreads if flat at high speed

Blood splatter on cars from hitting pedestrians

People being arrested (some guy in a taxi, and the taxi driver... i punched the car and they both got out and went to hit me, but one accidentally hit the other, so then they started going at it with each other in the road, cops saw, and one of they guys was put in the back of the police car and took away)

buying a drink from the Magazine Stand, and then throwing the empty bottle back at the salesman (same when people drop stuff on the streets, i throw it back at them)

Cops having tactics (boxing in, P.I.T etc)

Not needing any weapons other than a Pistol due to the awesome Cover System (BOOM! Headshot! BOOM! Headshot!) well... most of the time, maybe not always appropriate...

and oh so many more!
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #64
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Another tiny awesome feature was being able to change your ringtone to the theme from one of the first GTAs.. I think the songs actually called Joyride.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #65
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
I hit a car so hard in the front left corner the wheel got stuck and left a huge tiretrack anywhere I drove (The wheel was knocked out of place)
LordLeverette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #66
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
If you kill people in there car they sometimes leave the accelerator on and drive while dead
Old 05-03-2008   #67
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legham View Post
If you kill people in there car they sometimes leave the accelerator on and drive while dead
yeah they fall forwad with thier foot on the accelerator and face on the horn
Old 05-03-2008   #68
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legham View Post
I was actually killed that way. I hard braked my car sideways, got out and shot this driver in the head, he died, sped towards me and crushed me against my car.

I have seen a cop on the side of the road with his bonnet open and it was smoking.

You can give change to tramps and saxophone players.

People watering grass/plants and window cleaners.

I've seen a ped get arrested and put in the car, but I followed it for ages and they don't actually go to the station, just drive around the block endlessly.

Hookers get into other peoples' cars.

Bullet damage on cars is so realistic.

I drove into a lampost and the front was completely caved in like a "U" shape.
CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #69
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
I have seen a cop on the side of the road with his bonnet open and it was smoking.
i saw a Pedestrian with a Calvacade FXT doing that a little while ago.... i tried to help... honestly... how was i to know that bullets dont fix engines?

also seen people looking in thier boot on the side of the road, i havent managed to get one in the boot yet (hit with car, push etc)

I think i also saw a guy who was either checking his tires or cleaning the wheel or something (was parked up, one guy was standing by the open drivers door, while the other was crouched by the wheel, doing something, but i didnt stop to check it out)

funny how these little touches impress us so much
Old 05-03-2008   #70
Poseidon417

Poseidon417 is an unknown quantity at this point
Vehicle damage is the best. I love how on police cars, if you flip, the police sirens/klaxons make a dead-sounding whir...and if you hit the front of your car too much, it dies from too much engine damage.
Poseidon417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #71
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Today i was driving behind a cop and his lights came on and he pulled over the guy in front of him. The cop walked up, talked to the guy, then went to the back and had a look through his trunk for about 20 seconds, went back up to the guy and let him go! Never seen that before
Old 05-06-2008   #72
Sane_Or_Insane
Newbie Member

Sane_Or_Insane is an unknown quantity at this point
This was previously asked before. How do we open the car trunk?

Drivers actually use signal lights when they are about to turn.
Sane_Or_Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #73
bboychibi

bboychibi is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone seen a criminal steal a car yet? Or been carjacked? Also, don't think this was posted.

Civilians call the cops on you when you commit a crime. Sometimes that gets frustrating, but its still cool haha.
bboychibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #74
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboychibi View Post
Has anyone seen a criminal steal a car yet? Or been carjacked? Also, don't think this was posted.

Civilians call the cops on you when you commit a crime. Sometimes that gets frustrating, but its still cool haha.
i've only ever been jacked by the guy who's car it was, i was stealing at the time, and didnt want me to have it.

I saw a cop steal a Sultan RS though, but it was because he didnt have a car and needed one to chase me in my Sultan RS with.

another thing i saw, was when you take Little Jacob out, if one or both of the windows are smashed you can see smoke comming out the car from his weed
Old 05-06-2008   #75
:@Tommyg@:
@:@Tommyg@:@
Newbie Member

:@Tommyg@: is an unknown quantity at this point
i love the physics in this game!! when you hit someone and they roll on the floor their hands are flailing about trying to grab onto something! it looks incredible!! Euphoria rocks!!!!!
:@Tommyg@: is offline   Reply With Quote