Old 04-28-2008   #1
Rurouni
Most Wanted

Rurouni is on a distinguished roadRurouni is on a distinguished road
Games don't infulence people to be violent

Don't know if anybody posted this yet.
Don't know if its GTA realated
Video
it talks about how over the years grandtheftauto and other violent games help people become more violent and the fact is not true.
Says the people who don't play violent games or any other games is more at risk at being more violent and games help us be social. whats your opinion on that
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #2
SwitchBlade

SwitchBlade is on a distinguished roadSwitchBlade is on a distinguished road
See, people forget violence was around long before TV or videogames.
SwitchBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #3
MBR
Newbie Member

MBR is an unknown quantity at this point
Its not video games that cause violence, almost all convicted criminals (with convictions of death or weapon offenses) have never played videogames before. So when Jack Thompson goes all wacko when one thing happens, people have to realize that its not the videogames that caused a crime, its the mental state of the player/criminal.
MBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #4
Ænemy
Digital/Concept Artist

Ænemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enough
Probably the thought that death actually was entertainment back in the day. Hangings and stuff was pretty much TV for the people way way way way way back.
Ænemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #5
u2kworldwide
" All the way "

u2kworldwide is an unknown quantity at this point
The problem that is going around is not because the game is violent, the main reason why people are whining is because " the younger people are getting their hands on the games ", and people believe the younger people shouldn't play it, because their mind is not as mature and understanding has the older people.

In my views, i have been playing violent games since what sega master system, Rambo III , E-swat, Mortal Kombat, etc. How is my life? Well i consider myself to be a righteous person, and i'm not a violent person at all.

Maybe if parents rise up their kids right, none of this stuff will happen.
u2kworldwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #6
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
exactly ratigns are there for a reason. dont buy your 10 year old a game rated M that says sexual content, gore, blood, violence, etc on the back of the box!!! Of course most of the time the same parents drive a hummer then bi*** about gas prices...

Its purely the parents fault when it comes to young young kids playing violent video games

parents should be allowed to smack their kid on the ass when the misbehave as it gives a CLEAR picture of what the kids NOT supposed to be doing. They learn that if they don't wanna get smacked then, don't cry about games, throw stuff, talk back, hit people, scream, etc.

but now a days if the parent pretty much even yells at em they get dirty looks or DCFS called on em...

i blame shitty parents and the way society is today...
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #7
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
i believe GTA, as well as movies or TV shows can be an influence on people if they start playing or watching young, but i still thinks its a shitty excuse because, at the same time the game might influence someone to go around shooting people, everyone can control their own actions.
killahmatic is offline   Reply With Quote