Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2008   #16
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Greetings GTAG staffy people,

While I would usually be reluctant to apply to a staff position on this website (mainly because I feel my knowledge of the GTA games isn't on par with most of the staff members), the fact you seem to be looking for someone to simply enforce the rules made me reconsider.
I've been a member of this site since several months before it moved to the Edge Network, which was in the anticipation surrounding the PC release of GTA: Vice City, and I clearly remember the unrest caused by all game releases after it (and how the staff reacted to it). It is because of these experiences that I feel I know the rules rather well, and I have never been warned (besides wrongfully one time, which was later rectified) or banned for breaking any.
Besides this, I have had some past moderation experiences from a few moderately busy forums (three to be precise, all of which have gone offline for reasons out of my control), and I feel I can keep from playing favourites even with long-time forum members and friends.
I hope I will be considered for the job.

Regards,
Jan-Joop Metiary
Old 04-29-2008   #17
wictro

wictro is an unknown quantity at this point
hellos!

I'm a man of reason.

My age's 28, I own and maintain my EVE-online website ( www.3v3-online.com ), i'm super admin on another web site(cars bikes & rock'n'roll. I don't bash on people. I don't Rick Roll either. Also i'm tired right now, as i've been awake all night, so I keep this short

sometimes i manage to be funny and politically correct at the same time ! \o/

regards,
-wictro
Old 04-29-2008   #18
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
Greetings and Salutations!

I am Dennis, age 16.

I've been here for about 4 years, if more. I would love to moderate any forum you would like, and overall moderation would be good too. I don't usually moderate any other place, because I just do graphic design, but I've always wanted to be a moderator at this lovely site. I might be a little joking sometimes, but who can't be?

Thanks for the time and consideration.

[img][/img]

click me

Last edited by Lao Boy; 04-29-2008 at 04:57 AM..
Old 04-29-2008   #19
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
Howdy fellow gamers,

I would be interested in the position of a moderator. I have been a member of the site for a long time and as a result i feel that i have contributed to the forums and help to report any posts that are breaking the rules of conducts. During the time i have been here i feel that i have made friends with the staff and other members of the forum. On top of this the three years that I have been here i have not been warned by any members of staff for breaking the rules. I visit the forums on a regular basis [at least daily] and feel that i would be able to cope with the responsibilities. I am currently a moderator on another site and have been a moderator on two other fairly large sites in the past and have successfully managed the forums. Thank you for considering me for the position.

Best, timbob.

Old 04-29-2008   #20
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Dear GTAGaming Staff,

I would like to apply for the position of a moderator. I run a GTA fan site/Gaming blog personally and I used to run a forum, and I have the experience. I'm also a long-time GTA player and a hardcore GTA fan. I personally don't like douchebags on a GTA forum, but so far it's fine. Rest assured, I won't abuse my power. I sincerely look forward to be part of this amazing fansite.

Cheers, -=}{oT~dEv1L 666=-
Old 04-29-2008   #21
Free Mike
Registered Abuser

Free Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the rough
I'll throw my name in just for kicks. I have been a part of these forums since 04' and I like to think that I'm well liked. I'm a 21 year old college student at Ohio State studying philosophy. I may want to go into law one day. I'm friendly and never once gotten into it with another member. I've only ever been warned for the occasional sig that is too large. If I was made a moderator or something else, I would visit the boards more often and make sure everything went smooth. Back in the day I would flag bad posts and all most all of them were a good call and before a mod had seen them. Also, I was made a mod for some areas of the board a while back and did a good job I believe. Good luck with the process.

- Nick Rittenhouse

Last edited by Free Mike; 04-29-2008 at 09:46 AM..
Old 04-29-2008   #22
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Hello,

Himuro here. The forum I'd be glad to moderate is the GTAIV forum.

I've moderated a few forums before, most notable the now defunct Square Source. I've been coming to GTAgaming 4 years, although I recently joined last year. Up until now, I've tried to supply GTAgaming GTAIV boards with ample news reports and discussion. My attitude is pretty calm and relaxed, and I try to be helpful in any way I can. I'd be glad to help out gtagaming! Good luck on the process and thank you for the offer.
Old 04-29-2008   #23
Leegion
Oxycodone Suicide.

Leegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the rough
Sup, yo.

Been here ages, you know my rep, etc etc.

May as well toss mah name in.

I can't explain a thing.
I want everything.
I will never believe in anything again.

Old 04-29-2008   #24
Shadow Conception
Veteran Member

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Woot hallo everybody.

I've been here since November 2004. I'm on usually everyday. I visit OT most frequently, but recently have started going into GTA4 section a bit. I administered a small anime community forum (~15 members) waaaaay back around the same time I've joined. The whole anime thing has worn off though, unfortunately.

I don't generally pick fights unless thrown into one. I like to think of myself as open-minded and stuff, etc.

So why not submit an app.
Old 04-29-2008   #25
John JJ

John JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura about
Hey, I would love to be a moderator of GTAG. One reason why is becasue during the summer I have nothing to do most of the time. So I come here. At times, I see some wrong doing on teh forums, and no mods on. Now if I was a mod, I would serve him justice.

Sincerely, John
Old 04-29-2008   #26
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Hola,

Why should I be moderator? Well, the fact that I have been going to the board since 2003. Yes, I have made my mistakes in the pass (years in the pass). I'm very familiar with many of the members, and continue to address new ones. I have never been hostile to other members, and always treated new ones with respect. I do visit the site several times to atleast once a day. I am not worried about being popular hence other members have referred to me as "A under the radar veteran." I approach problems from multiple perspectives, never trying to be bias. And you need a moderator who is a minority, and represents the Latino sect of the forum.
Old 04-29-2008   #27
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
Hello fellow GTAGamers,

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and apply for a moderator position, I currently Admin (with mates) a small clan website with around 30 active members (small i know). I have been visiting this website since way back before Vice City was even released and I'd like to think i am a fairly respected member of the board. I am on my PC everyday due to work commitments and GTAGaming is my homepage so i am usually floating around the forums even if i'm not posting. I am open minded, i dont hold a grudge and i'd like to think of myself as someone who can present a non biased view when it comes to console wars and general silliness on the forums. Also being an Aussie i am usually online when no Mods or Admins are, Which would mean you'd have someone online while mods and admins in other regions are working or sleeping.

Cheers, Fry.
Old 04-30-2008   #28
DanWer

Hi

Basically i'm gonna be straight up

I will get rid of any shitcunts who break rules and are just generally trolls.

Will treat people fairly, not let others break rules just because they're my friends.

I've got a fuckload of freetime to work with and I browse here pretty often and I've been here for quite some time

LET ME BE YOUR MODERATOR AND I WILL CLEAN UP THE FAGGOTORY ON THESE FORUMS THX

Old 04-30-2008   #29
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
Thank you to those that applied. We appreciate it. The ones that we choose will be notified soon.
Closed Thread