Old 04-28-2008   #1
scottf1234
Newbie Member

scottf1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
airplanes?

Is there planes in this game that you can fly?
scottf1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #2
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Unless things have changed since they said no, then no. you can't fly any planes.
Old 04-28-2008   #3
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
again you will get a 4 star wanted level even if you go close to a plan at all. And you can not fly plans only Choppers
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #4
x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z
I Run New York .
Amateur Member

x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z can only hope to improve
Idk about the above comments . . .

Only because you were able to do so in S.A etc [ if any ]
So why not be able in the Next Gen .

Xbox Live GamerTag x V i s u a L z

Littlelio;
But I really want to date some other hot chicks...
Hateatingpirate; Then get off the game an do it
x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #5
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z View Post
Idk about the above comments . . .

Only because you were able to do so in S.A etc [ if any ]
So why not be able in the Next Gen .
Because Rockstar said so.
Old 04-28-2008   #6
x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z
I Run New York .
Amateur Member

Link of proof ?

Littlelio;
Old 04-28-2008   #7
x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z
I Run New York .
Amateur Member

* For the sake of argument *

Littlelio;
Old 04-28-2008   #8
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
The city is smaller overall than San Andreas. Which means the flight time would be extremely short.

The city is based on New York, blasted by Shock & Awe on 9/11 which means alot of paranoid people with nothing to do but complain about bullshit terrorism. Face it, the game is a magnet for the wrong kind of press.

And Niko is a immigrant. Rockstar going for realism they wouldn't like to see this happen probably.
Old 04-28-2008   #9
randomhero
MMFWCL
Amateur Member

randomhero is an unknown quantity at this point
There Are NO Airplanes,

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/grand-...3153735796095]

Code:
But there's no planes!
Yes, Rockstar confirmed that "there are no planes, because it's just a city," during a conversation with Game Informer magazine. But, even though we loved them in San Andreas, this isn't much of a concern. GTA III and Vice City got by without proper planes - since the Dodo was more of a mechanical glider than anything else - and were still excellent, even in comparison with San Andreas' epic experience.

Plus, we find it hard to believe that there'll be no aerial transport at all, and we're pretty confident that you'll see helicopters and even parachutes on offer when the game appears. Rockstar is definitely aiming for a more "realistic and gritty" experience than the previous, almost cartoonishly outlandish GTA games, but GTA IV will still be a barrel of laughs.
randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #10
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z View Post
Link of proof ?
Trust me on this one, and please refrain from double posting, but it's on the GTA IV vehicles page, and that was taken from an official source. Not sure which one, because there was so many, interviews, statements and the like, and even in one of the video reviews that was on the front page yesterday.
Old 04-28-2008   #11
sirspy
Well... since you put it that way... I'm in.
Amateur Member

sirspy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
The city is smaller overall than San Andreas. Which means the flight time would be extremely short.

The city is based on New York, blasted by Shock & Awe on 9/11 which means alot of paranoid people with nothing to do but complain about bullshit terrorism. Face it, the game is a magnet for the wrong kind of press.

And Niko is a immigrant. Rockstar going for realism they wouldn't like to see this happen probably.
yeah planes would be kind of lame and useless, the only I could see working is that slow ass pontoon plane
Old 04-28-2008   #12
nYgel

nYgel is an unknown quantity at this point
.... they've said before that 9/11 is not the reason for no planes, the issue is landing them and why they would have em anyway. Its 4/5 the size of SA, but SA was multiple cities, so multiples airports. LC has one airport. You gonna take off and land at the same place? It just didn't make sense for Niko to have a plane. Bikes on teh other hand..... people always bike in NY, dunno what the deal was with taking that out. Shit, you remember the dogs from SA that were taken out in teh last second?
nYgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #13
Ron_89
Ron
Newbie Member

Ron_89 is an unknown quantity at this point
no planes, to avoid anyone that may think its funny to re-enact the tragic events of 9/11. also to limit people from being able to travel the entire map in 30 seconds. in an interview with sam houser he said that they would like to have everyone travel the city in a normal fashion, which from end to end of the city is said to take 30-60 min.

www.youtube.com/thrator (i do game reviews)
Ron_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #14
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
lol if the bikes were like anything in sa id be pisseed

lol nothing like hitting a bike and the car doing a backflip, or stop dead or roll over (how a bicycle manages to flip a big rig is beyond me lol)

i could see a few but maybe not a whole lot of em...

speakign of rare thigns to pop up in GTA games, has anyone heard anythign about mr whoopies?
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote