Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2008   #1
x240xdrifter
Newbie Member

x240xdrifter is on a distinguished roadx240xdrifter is on a distinguished road
How is multiplayer going to work if you havent unlocked the islands in story mode?

honestly, they say you can do 16 multiplayer games all over the city, question is, are you going to be able to free roam the whole city when you still have to unlock it in story mode, if soo that kinda takes the fun out of it no?
x240xdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #2
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
i would imagine the whole thing will be unlocked online regardless.
" I' am looking for that special someone" who knows "Maybe things will be different". All I'm trying to say is. Whoops wait a second here, "Move up ladies", there we go. All I am trying to say is not "everyone is a rat". "Good lord man, what are you doing"!?!?!

Trying to put all the names of the trailer is to a small statement.
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #3
sirspy
Well... since you put it that way... I'm in.
Amateur Member

sirspy is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah the whole city is unlocked in MP, kinda why I want to wait a while before playing MP
Old 04-28-2008   #4
ktr

ktr is on a distinguished roadktr is on a distinguished roadktr is on a distinguished road
Yea, this kinda sucks. You should have to buy upgraded phones to unlock more multiplayer content.
ktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #5
David Banner

David Banner is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah that is kinda bad so im also holding off playing multiplayer
Old 04-28-2008   #6
Masterjts

Masterjts is an unknown quantity at this point
I know many people who are buying the game and have no plans on even playing past the first few missions of the single player game. Many of them are completely turned off by the sex and violence of the story but are intrigued by the open sandbox multiplayer. I am glad they let us into MP without having to put so much into the singleplayer. I just wish we didnt have to play any of it at all.

As for why they did it this way. They unlock the whole city in MP because the city is only locked for illegal immigrants. You do not play one of those in MP. You play a completely different character. It would make no sense to lock to the city for the MP characters unless they changed the reason as to why it is locked in the first place.
Masterjts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #7
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I won't be on MP until I get Algonquin unlocked. Unless GTAGaming has a big gettogether, I'm sticking with just general exploration and story mode for a bit.
Old 04-28-2008   #8
bonesmccoy
Sabotage

bonesmccoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Same here. But then again, isn't there an option to close off islands in MP?
bonesmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #9
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

TheJordanJames is on a distinguished roadTheJordanJames is on a distinguished road
All of the island are unlocked if the host chooses it be, if not you can select which island you want it to be on.
TheJordanJames is offline   Reply With Quote