Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2008   #1
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
The achievements are the most disappointing thing I've seen so far

So many missed opportunities here. The achivements are absolute rubbish IMO. I really don't like it when there are tasks with silly values assigned to pretty trivial tasks.

You get 50G for losing a 4 star wanted level, but only 40G for surviving for 5 minutes with a 6 star one. 30G is also yours for doing a 500ft wheelie.

I can think of better ways to implement the online achivements too - some nice staggered 100 kills, 1000 kills and suchlike would be nice, and more links to the in-game stats would also be cool.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #2
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Sorry, but why should you be really concerned about the gamerscore you get? I mean, I see what you mean, difficulty being up and same amount of gamerscore, but there's two things: it has to fit into 1000gs, and the missions should give you more gamerscore with it being the main game.

Another point is that there is too much to do, minigames, missions, and just generally fucking around, so the gamerscore can't be perfect. And the only way they could really implement it would be to have uneven scores like 1 or 7, which really annoys me for some reason.

With that said, I do agree with the 100 kills achievement ideas, seems more GTA-ish.
Old 04-28-2008   #3
Goates
Newbie Member

Goates is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah the whole complete the gamer in 30 hours is crappy too i mean who completes a GTA game without messing about and exploring aswell. Aslong as this game gives me enough achievements for 6000gs im not bothered . i hope there not too easy i mean i got PGR 4 last wednesday and already have 995 gamerscore on it so thats a bit stupid
Old 04-28-2008   #4
Raziaar
Newbie Member

Raziaar is an unknown quantity at this point
I for one don't give a crap about gamerscore points. That's why I only have like 1500. heh.
Raziaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #5
Streamline©
/.
Newbie Member

Streamline© is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, do you ever stop whining or inciting fanwars?
Old 04-28-2008   #6
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
I really don't care either, if I get 'em if not, I don't. They are just silly things
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #7
Rebel_biscuit

Rebel_biscuit is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont really care about achievements
Rebel_biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #8
.KillZoNe.
The Killionaire
Newbie Member

.KillZoNe. is an unknown quantity at this point
Who cares about achievements, seriously...

"Earn a personal rank promotion in multiplayer."

Multiplayer ranks? Sounds sick.
Old 04-28-2008   #9
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Not the best achievements I've seen in a game, but I'll still have some fun getting them.
Old 04-28-2008   #10
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah. I don't know who thought of them, because they are pretty poor indeed.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #11
dillinja

dillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished road
if your first port of call is to look at the achivements and base your gameplay around them then its a bad thing. Achievments are good and bad, yes they do add replay value and longevity but sme people get caught up with them and forget to enjoy the game. I even know some who dont ever go back to games once theyve got all the achivements, what a waste.

Its not important, you'll get over it.

Last edited by dillinja; 04-28-2008 at 12:15 PM..
dillinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #12
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I find completing the achievements fulfilling. They're just as meaningless as getting 100% in any GTA game, but they're there and they're fun to complete. You get a sense of accomplishment when you unlock them and they add a bit of replay value to otherwise worn out games.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #13
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
O find the GTA IV list a bit of an odd one, it has a mix, I mean there are some GTA ones in there such as survive a 6 star wanted level and blwo up 10 cars within 10 seconds, then we have the online ones for races and deathmatches, etc, the obvious story ones, which were lacking IMO, a nice few side task ones and that's about it, just seems like an odd mix, but I suppose looking at it, all types of gamers will earn a score on something, if you got the game for story, online play or just a fuck around.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #14
Yoonskii
Genovese Family
Newbie Member

Yoonskii is an unknown quantity at this point
I think they could have some more interesting achievements than kill 'x' amount of people with this etc. The Orange Box achievements I found were quite fun to achieve, especially accidently. Like killing someone with a toilet.

They could of put some more unique achievements considering the sandbox nature of the game. I dunno, something like shoot someone with a sniper rifle so they fall down and set off a car alarm when they smash into the roof or hit an overhead sign after bailing off a bike. >__>
Old 04-28-2008   #15
d_winch
Newbie Member

d_winch is an unknown quantity at this point
I know they don't seem that great, but don't forget us xbox players have some DLC coming our way on two seperate ocassions, which means more achievements can be added with that.
d_winch is offline   Reply With Quote