Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2008   #1
Conjo
Amateur Member

Conjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone disappointed with GTAIV?

Hi guys, just wondering since there's quite a few people who've already had the chance to get the game, is anyone disappointed with the overall Game? I find it hard to believe everyone actually would give it an A+, and have no big complaints. I'll get the game myself tomorrow, and I'd like to hear the downsides of the Game so I won't be overhyped.. O yeah no spoilers please
Conjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #2
Crazy J
here a guy that loves rampage.

Crazy J is an unknown quantity at this point
trust me, there are MINOR setbacks in the game. But it's not that big deal. Also, it received a lot of positive review.

4/20: Honor the Mary Jane.

4/29: the day that Masterpiece GTA IV came out.
Crazy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #3
McReynolds

McReynolds is an unknown quantity at this point
The only thing that I don't like about the game is that the camera angles (which I was annoyed by when playing San Andreas) have returned. By that I mean the way that the camera is too low and I find myself being forced to use the analogue stick to look above the car. I'm not sure if this is just a personal thing or not. The height of the camera was perfect in GTA3 and Vice City, in my opinion.

By the way, I only played it for about four hours in work over the weekend, I don't own it yet.
McReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #4
Luciphear
Amateur Member

Luciphear is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by McReynolds View Post
The only thing that I don't like about the game is that the camera angles (which I was annoyed by when playing San Andreas) have returned. By that I mean the way that the camera is too low and I find myself being forced to use the analogue stick to look above the car. I'm not sure if this is just a personal thing or not. The height of the camera was perfect in GTA3 and Vice City, in my opinion.

By the way, I only played it for about four hours in work over the weekend, I don't own it yet.
Oh noes. XD
Well, I didn't care that much, it was annoying now and then, but what I'm preparing to endure is the constant complaining from my brother once again. Oh gawd.....
Luciphear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #5
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
There's abit of pop in and sometimes the framerate drops but it is still the best game i have ever played........and i have been a gamer for 15 years now.
Old 04-28-2008   #6
Qontrol
Brennan heart.
Amateur Member

Qontrol is an unknown quantity at this point
Too less weapons, And aircrafts..

I'd like to see more of it, Honestly..
Qontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #7
m4rcj3sus

m4rcj3sus is an unknown quantity at this point
o man im so excited for this game right now. only 8 more hours then i can enjoy it and let my life end.

Currently playing san andreas....AGAIN
m4rcj3sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #8
Jonny98
Newbie Member

Jonny98 is an unknown quantity at this point
I really dont think anyone will be disappointed by this game if they are.. then so be it or they really dont know the qualitys of a good game
Jonny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #9
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
sounds like overall lits A+ but the minor things sound more like personal stuff (ie camera angles)

so if you cant get used to new views or other small stuff then ti may be harder but if you generally get used to new angles and views then your good.

personally i LOVE the view from the inside where you can see the cars hood.
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #10
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
This thread is rediculous. "Is anyone disappointed by GTA IV" even though:
  1. You've haven't played it.
  2. You've only seen other's play it.
  3. You're not making your own opinion after playing the game, only going off what OTHER's say.
  4. The game is getting near perfect reviews.
  5. This is Grand Theft Auto plus some awesome new stuff. Since when is that bad?

If you're disappointed by the game, feel free to go the piece of crap Saint's Row forum.
Old 04-28-2008   #11
JJagoff
Amateur Member

JJagoff is on a distinguished roadJJagoff is on a distinguished road
He didn't say he was dissapointed, he was asking if there were anyone who was dissapointed. The expectation are after all massive, and some people might have dreamt it up to bemore than it really is - a fantastic videogame.
________
hash honey oil

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 07:03 PM..
JJagoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #12
xx-RockerX-xx
Newbie Member

xx-RockerX-xx is an unknown quantity at this point
well i'm disappointed that you can't really fly that much of things.

The only things you can fly are the helicopters, i mean i know theres afew out there who would love to have the stunt plane back and the 747 airplane. but further than that i'm pretty cool with the game.
xx-RockerX-xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #13
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx-RockerX-xx View Post
well i'm disappointed that you can't really fly that much of things.

The only things you can fly are the helicopters, i mean i know theres afew out there who would love to have the stunt plane back and the 747 airplane. but further than that i'm pretty cool with the game.
What more do you want? Hover cars? Theres choppers and planes. I really don't see what else you would wanna do in the air besides look at the city at night(which you can't do in a plane since you'll be zipping through). Most of the negative stuff seems to be whiny nitpicking from people who want 100000 weapons and name brand cars. The game is A+. And from what I have played, I haven't seen any pop-ins while playing the 360 version.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #14
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
The graphics are stunning, when you first turn on the game and you get that feeling, seeing the R* logos and the opening cinematic with every new GTA. The graphics are one of the first things you'll notice, while the lighting on people for example is still a bit bad from what it could be. Over all its really impressive and a HUGE change from any GTA previously. The new vehicle damage system is the best thing ever, you'll spend hours flipping your car and ramming it into posts just to see what you can do and hope it sets on fire and explodes. One of the things that shocked me was the helicopter damage system, by far the most incredible thing I've seen in a game, the way the tail breaks off and the cockpit spins around once you lose the tail, and how the rotor blades break off on their own without the helicopter exploding.

The game is pretty much perfect. The difficulty doesn't scale very well thought, it usually goes from rather easy to hard as fuck, for example the mission "Three Leaf Clover" is hard as fuck in comparison to the one just before it "Waste Not Want Knots" and "A Long Way to Fall" but I guess this is probably one of the hardest missions in the game.

The storyline of the game is a little meh at the beginning, its cool to start learning and befriending people in the game to which they will give you rewards, like Little Jacob. But after you reach say the 20th mission, you start to wonder if certain people are rats or whatever. The storyline goes really really deep and after a few missions you find out more and more about Niko and some of the reasons he came to Liberty City.

The amount of police is also much much too high. If you go around a corner with like a 2 or 3 star wanted level, guaranteed there will be at least 3 cop cars which happen to just arrive as you do even when you stare at the mini-map making sure you stay away from them all. Also any wanted level above 3 stars is really REALLY hard to get rid of, 4 is near impossible, 5 I'm not too sure and 6 is pure impossible, you'll either die or get arrested, I recommend the first option. But I guess thats not a bad thing, makes you want to stay away from the cops more.

The handling in the game is near perfect, its a little sketchy at first since we are used to the simple driving in San Andreas and such. Rain will really effect faster cars and make them slide in the rain, which is pretty awesome. Also when your tyres get shot out, the tyres actually rip off and you run on the wheels (about time too) Eventually you'll get the hang of controlling the vehicles and learn how to go around a corner without slamming into a wall.

The amount of detail in this game is beyond amazing. I can't believe at all the things implemented, people may criticize Rockstar for removing planes. But there's so much to make up for that, bowling is actually fun, dart, internet café's, assassination missions, random friends on the streets, car jacking missions and so on. One of the things I love is the taxi's, they can take you to any place you desire, also the same with trains, amazing how they implemented so much detail in this game. I could go on for hours at the amount of things added to the game, people holding drinks while walking, umbrellas and newspapers on their heads in the rain.

I would say this GTA the best out of the series, but Tommy Vercetti will always be the best protagonist in my opinion. The style of Vice City is something that I loved more. But if you also love the gritty feel of GTA 3, then this works perfectly. While playing the game, if you get a little bored or a little agitated at failing a mission, check out the achievements or some other place around the game. You will never be bored or have nothing to do in the game, if its building up relationships, earning money or doing missions. You will never be bored.
Old 04-28-2008   #15
xx-RockerX-xx
Newbie Member

xx-RockerX-xx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeback209 View Post
What more do you want? Hover cars? Theres choppers and planes. I really don't see what else you would wanna do in the air besides look at the city at night(which you can't do in a plane since you'll be zipping through). Most of the negative stuff seems to be whiny nitpicking from people who want 100000 weapons and name brand cars. The game is A+. And from what I have played, I haven't seen any pop-ins while playing the 360 version.
dude i was just saying having a stunt plane and the other ones would be cool. It's not like i'm crying just because they don't have them.

And hell yeah i'm happy that this game is coming out cause it's gonna beat any other games that try to compete with it this year.
xx-RockerX-xx is offline   Reply With Quote