Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2008   #1
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Thumbs up I'm going to get the game at midnight

After the postman came today at 1:08pm, I decided I wasn't willing to wait until then to get the game tomorrow. So I'm going to head off to ASDA in Dunfermline (failing that, the nearby Tesco) for midnight tonight.

Once my online order does turn up, I'll leave the game in its seal and return it to ASDA or Tesco. Cunning plan-o-rama.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #2
Cjc1706
Newbie Member

Cjc1706 is an unknown quantity at this point
fantastic idea......... i may just copy that.

asda or tesco wont be able to argue about taking a sealed copy back will they ?

cj
Cjc1706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #3
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
heh sounds like a good idea. i'd do that if i ordered mine online
Old 04-28-2008   #4
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
No, all copies of the game are identical, regardless of where you bought them.
Old 04-28-2008   #5
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
Haha, brilliant plan. I don't trust online ordering after what happened to me with San Andreas (took a week to get it because they lost it).
Old 04-28-2008   #6
Draven
Newbie Member

Draven is an unknown quantity at this point
im doing the same thing after my special edition didnt arrive this morning i got on the phone and managed to secure myself a copy for a local midnight launch i just cant wait anymore
Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #7
NoakesC-88
Newbie Member

NoakesC-88 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am going ASDA tonight aswel to get my copy but i still aint sure if they will stock at midnight, they might do hours later? I really must have this game tonight lol, i really want to play it now.
NoakesC-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #8
immortalprso
Newbie Member

immortalprso is an unknown quantity at this point
its midnight for me as well. im just back from a tour of games shops including game, gamestation, asda, tesco and gforce in glasgow.

it must be a pretty heavy punishment on anyone selling early. oh and a word of warning in gamestation tonight the ones opening up for midnight sales are going to be asking people for id. the manager in union street glasgow told me today that anyone who cant provide id proving they are over 25 wont be getting in the store.
immortalprso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #9
Cjc1706
Newbie Member

why would they wan you to be over 25 when the age restriction is 18 ? :\

CJ
Old 04-28-2008   #10
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
im doing the same thing after my special edition didnt arrive this morning i got on the phone and managed to secure myself a copy for a local midnight launch i just cant wait anymore
It didn't arrive this morning because the release date is tomorrow.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #11
immortalprso
Newbie Member

immortalprso is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjc1706 View Post
why would they wan you to be over 25 when the age restriction is 18 ? :\

CJ

because it is easier to have some sort of id proving you are over 18. college i.d. as well as others are easily faked. where as if you have id proving your over 25 then its probably genuine.
immortalprso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #12
Cjc1706
Newbie Member

ugh ...... that would suck for us that are 18 and upwards ....... altho I am sure they could not refuse driving licences.

CJ
Old 04-28-2008   #13
Draven
Newbie Member

Draven is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutts View Post
It didn't arrive this morning because the release date is tomorrow.
i know but i cant be arsed to wait whats wrong with that tons of people were expecting there game this morning but it didnt happen i notice you quoted my post but not neil's any reason for that maybe cuz hes higher up??

Im not trying to start an online argument as those suck but it just made me laugh is all

Last edited by Draven; 04-28-2008 at 10:47 AM..
Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #14
Miko
Newbie Member

Miko is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone going Smithdown Road ASDA in Liverpool? They reckon they aren't selling till 12.01am tonight. Personally, I believe that to be bollocks. Had a bad experience with PES6 - arriving early @ ASDA to find they had already SOLD OUT of all copies on all platforms. So, to guard against this tonight, I will be there for 11.00pm! GTA4eva!
Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #15
Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalprso View Post
because it is easier to have some sort of id proving you are over 18. college i.d. as well as others are easily faked. where as if you have id proving your over 25 then its probably genuine.
In the store where I work (no, we don't sell video games, but we do sell alcohol and cigarettes, both of which have a legal age restriction of 18+ here) we ask for ID from anyone who appears under 25. If they can produce it and it is legitimate, we sell to them. The 25 age band just makes it easier for us to identify those who are over age as people from anything from 15 to 25 can look 18. Hell, I'm almost 21 and I still get asked for ID everywhere I go.