Old 04-26-2008   #1
Loki Almighty
Newbie Member

Loki Almighty is an unknown quantity at this point
Important Question

What are the chances of gamestop running out of copies after an hour at midnight? Do you think it's possible to pick up a copy at about 10 A.M?

I didn't pre-order so I am probably screwed.
Loki Almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #2
RAWRferal
The Real McCoy
Amateur Member

RAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished road
It's possible, especially if you live in a larger town/city. If you really want it for release w/o pre-order, get out to that midnight release!

Also 100th post (woot )

R* Social Club Member #10048
RAWRferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #3
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki Almighty View Post
What are the chances of gamestop running out of copies after an hour at midnight? Do you think it's possible to pick up a copy at about 10 A.M?

do you not have any other shop that would sell it?

I dont know what shops you have in America, but in the UK we have Supermarkets that would have copies, Book stores and larger Electronics shops might be a goot bet too
Old 04-26-2008   #4
Loki Almighty
Newbie Member

Loki Almighty is an unknown quantity at this point
There are more like Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal Mart etc.
Loki Almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #5
bboychibi

bboychibi is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think you're out of luck, but it's possible it could sell out. Especially considering the amount of exposure the game is getting. Everyone and they're lolcat knows about it.
bboychibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #6
Raziel 665
Newbie Member

Raziel 665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why not still try to pre-order?

Just phone up the store you're planning to go to and ask if you can still reserve one or how much free games they have in stock. If that fails, try another shop. There's always that one shop that has loads of copies but only a few pre-orders.

A quick call is enough. It's not too late.
Raziel 665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #7
2657canes

2657canes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki Almighty View Post

I don't want to piss in your coffee, but you *may* be screwed.

When Halo 3 launched, I didn't preorder and showed up for the midnight launch and even though they had plenty of copies they would not sell me one until the next morning. I ended up going to Walmart that night and getting it. However, I also showed up late in the sale (there was still a line though) and there were people that showed up hella early and they had a certain amount of copies they did sell to walk ins.

I don't know if its the same at every GS, but that happened to me. You may do better calling them to find out your chances, or go to a 24 hour store like Walmart. You can also see if another store is doing a midnight launch.

The preorder is a guarantee you're getting it. They may even still be allowing preorders. You could always go down to it tomorrow morning and see about preordering it then.

Last edited by 2657canes; 04-26-2008 at 06:39 PM..
2657canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #8
matskies

matskies is an unknown quantity at this point
your best bet may be to go to a privately owned gaming shop or electronic shop. where they might possibly not get a ton of pre orders. sorry if anyone said that
matskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #9
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
might be too late but i hope you get a chance
Old 04-26-2008   #10
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
How much of a GTA fan are you?
Have you ever slept in front of a store?

Well, now's the time baby.
If you really want that game - badly - like, if your life depended on it..

You'll be able to play GTA though.

ChiTheDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #11
RedAvery
F*ck all yaw B****es....Except all the staff. You guys are cool.
Amateur Member

RedAvery is infamous around these partsRedAvery is infamous around these parts
im going to my job early in the morning to get. it opens at 8am.
Old 04-27-2008   #12
David Banner

David Banner is an unknown quantity at this point
just check best buy or other large retailers i have to get a extra copy for one of my friends
Old 04-27-2008   #13
AUAnonymous
The Genovese Family Hitman
Amateur Member

AUAnonymous is on a distinguished roadAUAnonymous is on a distinguished roadAUAnonymous is on a distinguished roadAUAnonymous is on a distinguished road
If you go to a big store such as Fry's, Best Buy, Circuit City etc. they will probably have tons of copies (especially the ones that don't open at midnight).

Xbox 360 Gamertag: AUAnonymous
Hahahah, mai roflcopter, it goas soi soi soi soi soi so
AUAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #14
2657canes

2657canes is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont worry. Retailers are ready for this. I was just over at Walmart looking for a movie and I saw the pallettes for GTA IV with teh huge "Dont sell till the 29th" crap all over the boxes. They had at least 50 boxes on one palette and probably had 3 palettes total that I could see.

If I didnt have it pre-ordered at GS, I'd head over to Walmart at midnight. GS are fickle with preorders/midnight launches if you havent preordered sometimes unless you get there really early and stand on line at least in my experience.

However, those of you waiting till morning should have 0 problem whatsoever finding the game at all. Some stores will sell out of stock as the days go on, but I imagine it'll be few and far between and they'll be constantly replenishing. Halo 3 never sold out at my local Walmart.
2657canes is offline   Reply With Quote