Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2008   #1
Jomolungma
Amateur Member

Jomolungma is on a distinguished roadJomolungma is on a distinguished roadJomolungma is on a distinguished road
MSFT Not Tracking Gamerscore before 29th?

I noticed something interesting this morning - according to MyGamerCard.net, there are over 1400 worldwide users who have played GTA IV so far. The top member of the leader board, Ultra Extreme, has over 400 gamerscore points in the game already, according to the MyGamerCard.net leaderboard. However, if you go to Xbox.com and look up Ultra Extreme's profile, as well as every other gamertag I've tried from that leaderboard, the profile shows ZERO achievement points for GTA IV. It shows that they played it, but it does not register that any achievements were earned.

So, I was wondering if MSFT is intentionally not accruing gamerscore points on GTA IV until 4/29. If not, what will happen to any achievements already achieved in the game? Will they be wiped? Will the early players never be able to get them again under that gamertag? Just thought it was an interesting discrepancy between MyGamerCard.net and Xbox.com.

Jomolungma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #2
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
They will see you as cheaters and wipe your score and ban you from getting them again. Sorry, should have just waited like everyone else.

LAWL nah I dunno, just yanking your chain mang. I'm sure it will be okay come Tuesday.
Old 04-26-2008   #3
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Has there been anyone banned yet?

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #4
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
I agree its obvious MS is doing somthing, when these people come to play again april 29th they will not have any gamerscore watso ever imo and will not of really acheived anything. Another thing is when they decide to play online on april 29th possibly there could be some bannings etc; i dont know but i see your point
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #5
X-JayB-X
Mr. Everyone
Newbie Member

X-JayB-X is an unknown quantity at this point
Well iam getting it on monday.
So does this mean that i can not unlock any achievements?

Xbox 360 Gamertag :
X-JayB-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #6
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
I may be getting it Monday too, but to be on the safe side, I'm not playing until gone midnight. A real test of my will power

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #7
MBR
Newbie Member

MBR is an unknown quantity at this point
My friends who got a pre-release copy from a store yesterday have all been gaining gamerscore and unlocking achievements... R*/MS isn't gonna block people from getting gamerscore, because many stores have broken sales date...
MBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #8
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
No, they're gonna block them from ever playing on XBox Live again. Remember what happened with the Halo 3 leaked copies?
Old 04-26-2008   #9
Jomolungma
Amateur Member

Jomolungma is on a distinguished roadJomolungma is on a distinguished roadJomolungma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBR View Post
My friends who got a pre-release copy from a store yesterday have all been gaining gamerscore and unlocking achievements... R*/MS isn't gonna block people from getting gamerscore, because many stores have broken sales date...
It might say that on their consoles, but is it reflected in their profile on Xbox.com? The game itself can't stop the achievements from occurring, but through Live MSFT may be able to stop them from affecting your public Gamerscore. I don't know, that's why I posted the thread. I think that R* and MSFT can probably do whatever the hell they want - it's their service and their game. R* has a lot riding on it in terms of the Social Club, and MSFT would want to show developers that they will support their efforts to curtail piracy/early shipments.

FYI, for the one dude up top, I'm not having this problem because I don't have the game yet. I'm not getting it until midnight on the 29th, so my question was really about what is going to happen to all the pre-release gamers, not myself.

Jomolungma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #10
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Microsoft can't possibly ban anyone over this. There's nothing in the contract which you sign when you join Xbox Live that says you can't play games early. Sure, there is plenty about piracy, but simply playing the game early won't lead to your account being terminated.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #11
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
That's true Neil, but they did it with Halo 3. Why not do it again?
Old 04-26-2008   #12
dillinja

dillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished road
neil is right theres no way they can ban anyone for this. If they are ilegal copies of the game then yeh but getting banned for that is a given for any game. people who have a legal copy early will be fine.

1400 copies and they expect to sell 15 million, like rockstar will even care
dillinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #13
Reasonedone
Newbie Member

Reasonedone is an unknown quantity at this point
From prior experiences, the achievement points will show up on their gamer score on release date, therefore being recognized on release date.

The only thing that they will notice on Tuesday is that the time of their achievements were unlocked will not be recorded.

It will all count up on Tuesday.
Reasonedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #14
MBR
Newbie Member

MBR is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by the punisher View Post
That's true Neil, but they did it with Halo 3. Why not do it again?
They only did that with pirated copies of Halo 3. MS will not be taking any action, because many companies ship copies early, and there is no way to tell how people obtained their hard copy.
MBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #15
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
Thank god I don't give a bloody fuck about achievements.

Reasonedone is right though.

ChiTheDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote