Old 04-26-2008   #46
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Yeah sorry GTA NUT mate.
IGN AND Houser brothers word > Your word.
Obviously.

Glad you are enjoying GTA4 though, lucky S.O.B
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #47
mogaar

mogaar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBud View Post
I'm getting it for the 360 purely because its the machine i have right now. And as far as i can see the 360 players are getting a much better deal in the long run!
I'll get a PS3 when it has more good games, but right now there's nothing but GTAIV on the system that interests me.
Yep, that's pretty much me as well. I'll end up getting a Wii before a PS3 - the reason? I have a three-year-old daughter. I can't justify the price for a PS3 when she needs things (well, maybe not needs, as evidenced by the 11 Barbies she currently has). So I think she would have a blast with Nintendo's machine and I just might get my wife into video games as well (instead of the current glazing over of her eyes at any mention of anything 360 related).

Hey, I should probably answer your question. I don't know man; it comes down to slightly more polish on the PS3 version or downloadable content that we know nothing about for the 360... That said, I'm going for 360 because that's what I have.

Last edited by mogaar; 04-26-2008 at 06:36 PM..
mogaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #48
Th3 Cmz
Th3 Cmz

Th3 Cmz is infamous around these partsTh3 Cmz is infamous around these parts
i'm getting it for the 360, but if you have the money... i'd go for the PS3
Old 04-26-2008   #49
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogaar View Post
Yep, that's pretty much me as well. I'll end up getting a Wii before a PS3 - the reason? I have a three-year-old daughter. I can't justify the price for a PS3 when she needs things (well, maybe not needs, as evidenced by the 11 Barbies she currently has). So I think she would have a blast with Nintendo's machine and I just might get my wife into video games as well (instead of the current glazing over of her eyes at any mention of anything 360 related).

Hey, I should probably answer your question. I don't know man; it comes down to slightly more polish on the PS3 version or downloadable content that we know nothing about for the 360... That said, I'm going for 360 because that's what I have.
My little sister loves the Wii, it's a great console for kids.
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #50
OGTiago
Deep Penetration

OGTiago is an unknown quantity at this point
Either way, it's not a bad choice.

Credit goes to, Tendercrisp, for the original GTA IV film-strip.
OGTiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #51
krislicoque

krislicoque is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for all the info. I'm still a little puzzled, but it has boiled down to two things really.

The achivements and the graphics. These achivements seem to be something fun to fight for, but at the same time I want the most powerful machine capable of doing the best graphics.

I'll probably end up getting the PS3. I don't like paying for the extra content either, or to play online. Have I understood it correctly that I need to sign up for Xbox Live in order to play it online?
krislicoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #52
treab

treab is an unknown quantity at this point
for the xbox 360 you do yes.
treab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #53
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Yes but it does come a free month of Xbox Live Gold when you buy the console. Not to forget that you will also get another free month packaged with GTA IV. So that's two free months of Live right there. Spend $20 for a 3-month card, and you'll have 5 months (almost half a year) at your disposal. The multiplayer will most likely be better on Xbox Live because the 360 console (Pro and Elite) will come with a headset and you're on a stronger network. PSN is free yes, but you sacrifice a better online store and in my opinion, a better service overall.

Achievements are good fun and there is the DLC but you will again have to pay.

PS3 version though will be better BY ITSELF but as far as how GameSpy's servers handle all the action, there could be a big difference with the online aspect of the game.

If online isn't that huge of a deal to you and it doesn't solely decide your direction of purchase, I'd go with PS3. Just make sure you have a bluetooth headset ready.
Old 04-27-2008   #54
treab

treab is an unknown quantity at this point
yo phreak which console you buying gta iv for?
treab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #55
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
i know id get it for xbox360 since its better online play, mostly everyone has mic's for communication.(my opinion)
Old 04-28-2008   #56
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Just found an IGN Insider vid that compares the two versions, enjoy
Old 04-28-2008   #57
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
yeah i was just about to post that phreak.

That guys sounds biased abit, although he is not afraid to admit it.
" I' am looking for that special someone" who knows "Maybe things will be different". All I'm trying to say is. Whoops wait a second here, "Move up ladies", there we go. All I am trying to say is not "everyone is a rat". "Good lord man, what are you doing"!?!?!

Trying to put all the names of the trailer is to a small statement.
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #58
Jacobs Supplier
Whoever you get ya guns from, im they supplier...

Jacobs Supplier is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam Trigger View Post
The game is basically the same on both consoles. If you've been playing on playstations your whole life and like the controller, that would probably be the only reason to get a PS3.
This used to be my excuse... but the 360 and ps3 button layout is IDENTICAL. Not only that, the ps3 contollers are shit. I dropped the controller once and the cheap plastic cracked. i would say get the 360...
Old 04-28-2008   #59
krislicoque

Yeah, I am biased. I've always played the game on PS, but it seems like it's seem to switch and buy the Xbox360 Elite. It's a bit cheaper as well.

We'll see. I have yet to make up my mind.
Old 04-28-2008   #60
krislicoque

A sidenote: I'm curious as to how you're gonna get the Achivement that involves killing a Rockstar Developer in an online ranked match.