Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is this the best Grand Theft Auto Game?
Yes 77 74.04%
No 8 7.69%
Im not quite sure yet 19 18.27%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2008   #1
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
Is This The Best Grand Theft Auto?

What do you think? i think it is, yes it lacks certain features but it also has new features which were never seen before. Its more realistic which appeals more to the mature audience but at the same time getting rid of SA childish fanboys.
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #2
tylerdurden04

tylerdurden04 is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't like SA that much, IV is alot like 3 which was may favorite GTA, IMO GTA IV is the best so far
tylerdurden04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #3
Sasha
Addicted Member

Sasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud of
Personally, i think nothing beats III.
I mean yea the graphics where shitty and there wasn't much to do once you finished the storyline. But it was the first 3D gta and it made rockstar famous and really introduced more people into grand theft auto. It being on the next-gen (which is now last gen) console.

It funny when you compare the GTA games, How top-down on PS1 took a leap to 3D on PS2 and that took a leap to realistic gameplay on PS3/360, We never even imagined this kind of realism and detail would be possible back in 01.

Not to mention the storyline is great and it does provide you with a few fair hours of missions.
So i think III deserves to be the best.

Last edited by Sasha; 05-01-2008 at 01:29 PM..
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #4
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

TheJordanJames is on a distinguished roadTheJordanJames is on a distinguished road
It's the best GTA so far....but meh.. their's just somethings that annoy me.. like the Auto aim always messes about.. The empty streets..

Little things.. i guess we shouldn't threat about.
TheJordanJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #5
vveaponx
Newbie Member

vveaponx is on a distinguished roadvveaponx is on a distinguished road
GTA IV by about 4 million miles.

Every GTA game (in my opinion of course) have been amazing experiences and really the only games that literally has me intrigued from the first screenshot to the last video awaiting their release. The excitement, undoubtedly, stems from the amazing products R* gives us. The only problem is there are usually concessions to be made. They're not that glaring anymore.

GTA IV not only continues the quality we're (spoiled with) used to seeing from R* but introductions of new technologies and features have made the game (we all here love), amazingly, that much more immersive and refined. This game has not only delivered (again my opinion) but has uppercut the competition off the spectrum to rethink what a videogame is supposed to be about.

One of the moments that just showed the evolution of the game: Sneaking around inside a building looking for an enemy; while paying close attention to the sound of my footsteps as I'm walking slowly aiming down a hallway uncertain as to who is waiting for me. The tension coupled with the visuals and awesome new aiming system made this so badass I just had to shake my head and smile.

Regardless of which is your favorite, these games are on such a plateau and provide such great moments none of the ignorant media attention, religious snakes or political pundits can take that away from us.

That is all.

Last edited by vveaponx; 05-01-2008 at 02:50 PM..
vveaponx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #6
Japisee
Veteran Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
Vice City. Really. Unparalled atmosphere.
Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #7
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
so far, yes. I love it love it love it.
Old 05-01-2008   #8
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
I never understood the hype around Vice City. That was my least favourite game. Nothing I really liked about it.
Old 05-01-2008   #9
Buddah_Lova
4/29/08

Buddah_Lova is an unknown quantity at this point
yes its the best GTA its my favorite game period.
Buddah_Lova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #10
jzbadblood
Newbie Member

jzbadblood is an unknown quantity at this point
GTA 3 is probably my favorite, but GTA 4 is the best in every way.
Old 05-01-2008   #11
gtanewbie
Newbie Member

gtanewbie can only hope to improve
gta 3 due to novelty
gtanewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #12
Rurouni
Most Wanted

Rurouni is on a distinguished roadRurouni is on a distinguished road
Haven't played gta 4 yet but I know I'm gonna have the same experience when I first played Gta 3 back in the 5th grade because beating up people and stealing cars was new to me and very fun and exciting.

Youtube Account - ADD

Last edited by Rurouni; 05-01-2008 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: need to add more to make sense!
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #13
kingcars

kingcars is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJordanJames View Post
It's the best GTA so far....but meh.. their's just somethings that annoy me.. like the Auto aim always messes about.. The empty streets..

Little things.. i guess we shouldn't threat about.
Empty streets? At busy times of day, the streets are quite crowded (WAY more so than the old games). And also take into consideration that Rockstar has to draw the line between realism and fun. If the streets were crowded like real NY, then driving around fast and crazy (and all the other fun GTA things) would be impossible.

As far as the topic at hand, yes, this is by far the best, most refined GTA game. Out of last gen's trilogy, GTA3 and SA were my favorites. Liberty City was my favorite setting, but SA just had so many cool things to do (big rigs with trailers, trains, etc). Vice City had the most distinct atmosphere and an amazing soundtrack. GTA IV seems to combine all those: it has my favorite setting, except even BETTER than before, it has TONS of cool things to do and notice like SA, and it has an amazing atmosphere and soundtrack like Vice City.

Last edited by kingcars; 05-01-2008 at 08:29 PM..
kingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #14
ARS3NAL SAVAGE
Newbie Member

ARS3NAL SAVAGE is an unknown quantity at this point
This game doesnt feel like a video game, it feels like your another person, with another life...thats a little scary and yet so addictive, riding in the back of a cab while it rains listening to lazlow on the radio as the cab driver screams at people to move because he has "paying customers" to pick up...its sublime, it feel and plays EXACTLY like what they wanted it to feel and play like...an exaggerated version of New york city.
ARS3NAL SAVAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #15
ARS3NAL SAVAGE
Newbie Member

ARS3NAL SAVAGE is an unknown quantity at this point
WTF!?! I totally didnt mean to double post...Very Sorry

Last edited by ARS3NAL SAVAGE; 05-01-2008 at 09:06 PM..
ARS3NAL SAVAGE is offline   Reply With Quote