Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2008   #31
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
GTA will never see a Wii release. You did make me laugh there Neil, thanks.
Yeah, no chance will IV ever be released on the Wii. Anyway, I think GTA IV will overtake Wii Fit and have more sales imo.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #32
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Alright everyone, back to the original topic at hand. I've been in many shops today looking around at how much stock they had of this supposedly highly sought after game which has seen unprecedented demand and preorders. That's what we're told anyway.

ASDA had sold out in both stores I visited. That was somewhat surprising, but I did get there about 2pm. Argos had plenty and the man in Zavvi said to me that "we have loads mate", so I bought one from him thanks to the student discount. 63.00.

As a general reflection on GTA, I'm revising what I think about the in stock situation a little to say that if you want a copy and you don't have a preorder, go to a store like ASDA or Tesco as early as possible. I don't think we're at the situation where all of the stores who were offering preorders will have pre-sold all of their allocation, but the earlier you get there, the better chance you will have.

As usual though, the demand will vary by region. I heard reports of lots of copies at ASDA, but the stores in my area had none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAvery View Post
wii fit is not a game system.wii keeps talkin shit about their product. its cheeeeeap! that why it sells! when a parent wants to buy their son a game system tehy will go for the wii because its super cheap, not because its good but because the parents wants to save their money. parents dont know shit about systems.
Nintendo Wii is more expensive than Xbox 360 in the UK, so you're argument falls flat on its face there.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #33
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
here in us its only like 250 and 360 is about 450-550even 600
Old 04-25-2008   #34
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
600$ 360? :O
Old 04-25-2008   #35
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
yea 600 is for special edition which is the ost expensive
Old 04-25-2008   #36
jay gully80

jay gully80 is on a distinguished roadjay gully80 is on a distinguished road
i don't think it will sell out anymore either. not because its not great. for example, i went to gamestop at lunch, and they were STILL taking preorders. and thats gamestop
jay gully80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #37
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Wii Fit is the sixth fastest selling game in UK history and is now number one in the all formats, all prices chart. According to Chart Track one in ten Wii owners bought a copy grossing £16.3m.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #38
Sharpshot

Sharpshot is on a distinguished roadSharpshot is on a distinguished road
It's Ok Neil, I Get Where You're Coming From
Sharpshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #39
NamAim1991

NamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really nice
LONG POST

Haha, it's incredible how many of the posts in this are irellivent (sp). I get what you're trying to say Neil (though the first post is a bit misleading). Just with most other games, getting it without a reservation isn't too hard. You may wait a week or so, but it's not so bad. You just have to scope for them a bit more.

Also, I don't get all the Wii bashing here. I don't own one, but I think they're pretty cool. I agree that a GTA on the Wii is completely plausible, and if marketed well, could be a smash hit.

Quote:
Anyone know if the gta advance game sold well. That would give you a glue on how a gta game will fit a Nintendo Console
GTA Advance was COMPLETELY underadvertised (and underappreciated imo). To use that as a basis of comparison wouldn't really make sense. You'd be making a generalization about Nintendo when really, poor sales were at fault due to poor advertising. Plus it came out the day GTA: San Andreas came out. SA got A LOT of hype. When you have a huge technical marvel pitted against a simple (but fun) GTA1-esque game, what would you pick? And besides, the Wii is not the GBA.

GTA on Wii could be pretty cool, It wouldn't be anything like GTAIV, but that doesn't mean it would not be "next gen". The Wii may not be "next gen" if all you look at is power and graphics, but it offers some novel ideas to gameplay. And isn't Rockstar all about novel ideas?

My 2 cents.
NamAim1991 is offline   Reply With Quote