Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2008   #31
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
I am very happy with the amount of weapons. Because we do not need loads of weapons in the game. We actually have 16 weapons are fists. Plus the ability to pick up stuff throughout the city means we will never have a weapon out of are hands
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #32
RollingStones

RollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enough
I like it. It's a great idea to tone down the number of weapons. And from the screens we've seen they look great. I agree that R* has went back and done a GTA3. Few (Well... a couple) weapons that cover your needs. Good call. No need for the minigun IMO. It was pretty ridicoulus to include to begin with. Do we have a list of all the weapons yet?
RollingStones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #33
RollingStones

RollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enough
I like it. It's a great idea to tone down the number of weapons. And from the screens we've seen they look great. I agree that R* has went back and done a GTA3. Few (Well... a couple) weapons that cover your needs. Good call. No need for the minigun IMO. It was pretty ridicoulus to include to begin with. Do we have a list of all the weapons yet?
RollingStones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #34
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up I hope this helps

here is a list

Fists
Fists, man's best friends - the aggressive man, at least. As always, you'll be able to punch your way through GTA if you can't get a hold of any weapons. New to GTA IV, though, is the realistic splattering of blood during melee combat. Good luck finding that in the German release!

High Kick
Niko shows his elasticity with the high kick - we all know it's more effective to kick your enemies in the face rather than the shin.

Switchblade
Knives are nothing new to GTA IV, but the switchblade, as seen in Trailer 3, "Move Up, Ladies," seems to featuring a release animation - let your victims know you're coming for them with that springing sound.

Hacksaw
Seen in the GTA IV's fourth trailer, the hacksaw is definitely one of the most gruesome way to finish off your enemies. Unfortunately we can't be certain that this will be a usable weapon, but in the meantime let's just plan out all the nasty ways we'll take down pedestrians!

Pool Cue
Although the pool cue hasn't been seen used as a weapon yet, anything goes in GTA. We've seen Niko shooting pool in the trailers, could he possibly take his game out of the billiards as well?

Baseball Bat
Do you know who my FAVORITE comic book character is? Why, it's Captain Baseballbat Boy, of course!

Glock
They're the cheapest guns to buy, you always have to start with one, the cops love to shoot you with them... that's right, it's the glock!

Silenced Pistol
If the mission calls for some low-key action, have no fear - the silenced pistol will be there to keep your shots under the radar.

Desert Eagle
The Desert Eagle (Deagle) is a compact yet powerful and effective gun. This is another one that you'll probably run into early in the game.

Micro Uzi
The Micro Uzi is a gangster's favorite. It may be a small package, but it sure packs a lot of heat. Probably one of the cheapest guns you'll find at Ammunation, the Micro Uzi is perfect for all your drive-by needs.

MP5
A GTA favorite, the MP5 was bound to return. Fast, reliable, and strong - you'll find yourself holding onto this gun for the majority of your missions.

AK-47
One of the most popular assault rifles around, the AK-47 has been in GTA games since the beginning.

M4 Carbine
Powerful, but expensive, the M4 Carbine is definitely the gun you'll want to be carrying when nearing those difficult missions. Although it'll probably slow you down a bit to be walking with one, the M4 packs a powerful punch - perfect for when your wanted level is increasing.

Remington 870 (Shotgun)
If you're looking for a cheap and powerful gun, look no further - the Remington 870 shotgun will prove to be your best friend as you're making your way through the more shoot-out intense missions.

SPAS-12
A policeman's favorite shotgun, the SPAS-12 is definitely something to be looking out for once you reach those higher wanted levels.
Sawed-Off Shotgun
Blast your enemies to smithereens with this sawed-off shotgun. Just the right weapon for lots of action, but with little time to think about it.

PSG1 (Sniper Rifle)
Need a gun that'll give you one shot, one kill? The powerful sniper rifle is for you. You'll have to scope out the perfect vantage point ahead of time!

RPG (Rocket Launcher)
One of the most expensive (yet powerful) weapons of any GTA game is the rocket launcher. Although they'll be hard to come by, once you get your hands on an RPG, you'll be unstoppable until you run out of ammo!
Old 04-25-2008   #35
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
there is other stuf you can pick up to.....like bricks.
Old 04-25-2008   #36
claud3
Banned
Banned

I wonder what else you can pick up. In trailer 1 there is a guy in this Shot carrying a 2X4 that might be a weapon

Old 04-25-2008   #37
Jacobs Supplier
Whoever you get ya guns from, im they supplier...

Jacobs Supplier is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirspy View Post
5 types with 3 weapons each perhaps?

like 3 type of pistols, 3 types of shotguns, 3 types of SMGs, 3 types of assault rifles, sniper, melee & RPG?

Sounds good to me!
now is the 15 only counting guns? or are they counting melee weapons, Grenades and molotov cocktails?

I mean im cool with 15 weapons, coz im gunna use the same shit anyways, like in Cod4 i use only the M16 im just wondering about the non ballistics type weapons...
Old 04-25-2008   #38
Trumpormonkey
Drunk Roman
Newbie Member

Trumpormonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Doesn't mind me that much that there is only 15 weapons, I'm looking foward to using bricks and stuff, I loved how you used most of your environment in The Warriors.
Trumpormonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #39
claud3
Banned
Banned

Bully the game was the same thing. So break a chair and you could use a bit of it. So wood would be one of the weapons you can pick up when broken
Old 04-25-2008   #40
RedAvery
F*ck all yaw B****es....Except all the staff. You guys are cool.
Amateur Member

RedAvery is infamous around these partsRedAvery is infamous around these parts
15 is enough . i know i will have at east 3 main weapons im gonna use anyway
Old 04-25-2008   #41
JJagoff
Amateur Member

JJagoff is on a distinguished roadJJagoff is on a distinguished road
If you can pick up random melee stuff, 15 weapons is enough. GTA3 had 14 weapons if you include tank, policeboat mounted gun and fists.
________
buy silver surfer vaporizer

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 07:02 PM..
JJagoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #42
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpormonkey View Post
I'm looking foward to using bricks and stuff
me too... Gone in 60 Seconds style "let me get my tool" "hey man that aint a tool! that's a brick!"
Old 04-25-2008   #43
-JB-
Newbie Member

-JB- is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm happy that there are 15 weapons. It means we can focus on learning to use every weapon effectively, instead of having a load of weapons we know nothing about.
-JB- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #44
Cpt_Chris
Amateur Member

Cpt_Chris is on a distinguished roadCpt_Chris is on a distinguished road
plus, you never know what DLC they will have in store
Cpt_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #45
MrXakaRebel
Mr.X aka The Rebel

MrXakaRebel is on a distinguished roadMrXakaRebel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
here is a list

Fists
Fists, man's best friends - the aggressive man, at least. As always, you'll be able to punch your way through GTA if you can't get a hold of any weapons. New to GTA IV, though, is the realistic splattering of blood during melee combat. Good luck finding that in the German release!

High Kick
Niko shows his elasticity with the high kick - we all know it's more effective to kick your enemies in the face rather than the shin.

Switchblade
Knives are nothing new to GTA IV, but the switchblade, as seen in Trailer 3, "Move Up, Ladies," seems to featuring a release animation - let your victims know you're coming for them with that springing sound.

Hacksaw
Seen in the GTA IV's fourth trailer, the hacksaw is definitely one of the most gruesome way to finish off your enemies. Unfortunately we can't be certain that this will be a usable weapon, but in the meantime let's just plan out all the nasty ways we'll take down pedestrians!

Pool Cue
Although the pool cue hasn't been seen used as a weapon yet, anything goes in GTA. We've seen Niko shooting pool in the trailers, could he possibly take his game out of the billiards as well?

Baseball Bat
Do you know who my FAVORITE comic book character is? Why, it's Captain Baseballbat Boy, of course!

Glock
They're the cheapest guns to buy, you always have to start with one, the cops love to shoot you with them... that's right, it's the glock!

Silenced Pistol
If the mission calls for some low-key action, have no fear - the silenced pistol will be there to keep your shots under the radar.

Desert Eagle
The Desert Eagle (Deagle) is a compact yet powerful and effective gun. This is another one that you'll probably run into early in the game.

Micro Uzi
The Micro Uzi is a gangster's favorite. It may be a small package, but it sure packs a lot of heat. Probably one of the cheapest guns you'll find at Ammunation, the Micro Uzi is perfect for all your drive-by needs.

MP5
A GTA favorite, the MP5 was bound to return. Fast, reliable, and strong - you'll find yourself holding onto this gun for the majority of your missions.

AK-47
One of the most popular assault rifles around, the AK-47 has been in GTA games since the beginning.

M4 Carbine
Powerful, but expensive, the M4 Carbine is definitely the gun you'll want to be carrying when nearing those difficult missions. Although it'll probably slow you down a bit to be walking with one, the M4 packs a powerful punch - perfect for when your wanted level is increasing.

Remington 870 (Shotgun)
If you're looking for a cheap and powerful gun, look no further - the Remington 870 shotgun will prove to be your best friend as you're making your way through the more shoot-out intense missions.

SPAS-12
A policeman's favorite shotgun, the SPAS-12 is definitely something to be looking out for once you reach those higher wanted levels.
Sawed-Off Shotgun
Blast your enemies to smithereens with this sawed-off shotgun. Just the right weapon for lots of action, but with little time to think about it.

PSG1 (Sniper Rifle)
Need a gun that'll give you one shot, one kill? The powerful sniper rifle is for you. You'll have to scope out the perfect vantage point ahead of time!

RPG (Rocket Launcher)
One of the most expensive (yet powerful) weapons of any GTA game is the rocket launcher. Although they'll be hard to come by, once you get your hands on an RPG, you'll be unstoppable until you run out of ammo!
i dont think fists and kicks are really going to count as weapons at least not seperately, and i dont know if i really believe the hacksaw will end up being a weapon, just look like something he threatens niko with in a cut scene and im also pretty sure that the pool cue would fall into the category of random things in the world we coul pick up i also dont think the switchblade will be usable that too was probably for a cut scene it think the combat knife that niko has in the one pic in the subway will be the knife you actually get to use, i think there some weapons we dont know about yet(at least i hope) and it seems to me after looking at some of the screenshots that you might be able to modify your weapons, but thats just a guess

Last edited by MrXakaRebel; 04-25-2008 at 10:14 AM..
MrXakaRebel is offline   Reply With Quote