Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2008   #1
Hateatingpirate
Policeman from Oz

Hateatingpirate is an unknown quantity at this point
What GTA has done to some Aussies...

Hey guys, been browsing this forum for a while prior to the big day coming, but events of last night have forced me to register just so I can post the story.

I'm obviously from Australia and I work as a police officer over here. I'm heading out to the midnight launch on Monday after work. Last night I was working a late shift whereas we were just doing some random late night patrols. We got a call from a woman closing a late night supermarket that she saw two kids around 16-18 years old in dark clothing hanging around the complex. She thought she heard them talking about drugs of some sort. We thought what the hey, we'll go and check it out. We were a good 15 misn away at the time As we were heading over there, we get another report that a security company has called us saying that the EB Games at the same complex had an alarm going off (which is, funnily enough, right next to this late night supermarket).

We get to the location (in around 3 mins- would have been longer if we were not already heading there) and see the front window has been smashed, and there were two youths attempting to break through a door located at the back of the premises (with the alarm being silent, they thought they had plenty of time). The youths didn't put up a fight, co-operated and were arrested.

But here comes the beauty of it; upon questioning them they tell us that the reason they were breaking into the premises was to steal cash, but we were sure they were trying to lift merchandise to try and sell on the streets. Problem was they didn't have any bags on their persons so it didn't seem very viable. Then we checked their mobile phones.... finding communications between them both to try and steal copies of, you guessed it, GTA4. But the funny part is it they were trying to steal and sell it; they were stealing copies for THEMSELVES...

Would have loved to say I need to take the games as evidence (one might get lost on the way...) but alas I'll be waiting til Monday Night. Needless to say, I had a good fuckin' giggle about it considering I read so many posts on here saying "we should go rob the store!" Perhaps they are GTAGaming posters...
Hateatingpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #2
bboychibi

bboychibi is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL Great story!
bboychibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #3
sirspy
Well... since you put it that way... I'm in.
Amateur Member

sirspy is an unknown quantity at this point
that's messed up man, yeah if I were them I woulda grabbed some extra copies to sell
sirspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #4
Hateatingpirate
Policeman from Oz

Hell I would have bought one off them
Old 04-24-2008   #5
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone blames GTA... Cause retards like Jack Thompson believe it trains you to kill and stuff.

GTA is the biggest gaming franchise and A LOT of people want it, so cop or not hateatingpirate, get your facts straight cause there is a difference between fuck heads and GTA fans. So it isn't GTA that did it to them, its their parents and friends that let them go down the road of theft and vandalism which for their case is a sign of desperation & attention. They were stealing GTA IV because it is 2008s most wanted video game and many people will buy it which means more $$$. It happened here with Halo 3, loading docks were ambushed by teenagers and 1 box containing god knows how many Halo 3 games were taken 4 days prior to its release. "Look what Halo has done to our Aussies!", doesn't sound right does it?

So dont say "Look what GTA has done to Aussies" You sound like Jack Thompson.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well I'd certainly hope those guys aren't members here...
Old 04-24-2008   #7
Qontrol
Brennan heart.
Amateur Member

Qontrol is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, Pretty noobish of em trying to steal a game, and sell after that.

This game really rules, lmfao.
Qontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #8
Hateatingpirate
Policeman from Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
Everyone blames GTA... Cause retards like Jack Thompson believe it trains you to kill and stuff.

GTA is the biggest gaming franchise and A LOT of people want it, so cop or not hateatingpirate, get your facts straight cause there is a difference between fuck heads and GTA fans. So it isn't GTA that did it to them, its their parents and friends that let them go down the road of theft and vandalism which for their case is a sign of desperation & attention. They were stealing GTA IV because it is 2008s most wanted video game and many people will buy it which means more $$$. It happened here with Halo 3, loading docks were ambushed by teenagers and 1 box containing god knows how many Halo 3 games were taken 4 days prior to its release. "Look what Halo has done to our Aussies!", doesn't sound right does it?

So dont say "Look what GTA has done to Aussies" You sound like Jack Thompson.
... Take it easy mate it was just a bit of jest in the thread title :p

You know, a joke?
Old 04-24-2008   #9
commonblu
Newbie Member

commonblu is an unknown quantity at this point
ha good story man
commonblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #10
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
Haha, great story! I just can't believe that 4 days of waiting can compel some people to do such things
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #11
Siriku

Siriku is on a distinguished roadSiriku is on a distinguished roadSiriku is on a distinguished road
Haha, nice. Did you mention you're a fan of the series as well? XD.
Siriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #12
treab

treab is an unknown quantity at this point
well of course he did otherwise he and his partner would have to arrest themselves

the shops wondering when there stock of gta iv has gone
treab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #13
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Haha thats a pretty damn story. Its stupid what they did, you can't outrun the law, either you'll get cought right away or it will catch up to you.
.LiLe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #14
Deej
Special Someone

Deej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished road
I would of got away with it...

Haha.
Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #15
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to behold
Good story indeed Hateater. I'm sad to say that you may have more times where GTA is the cause of a crime.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote