Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2008   #16
dizzleman

dizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished road
preach on scott!! amen brother..

BOOM!!
Thanks rellimjoe
dizzleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #17
NYG
Newbie Member

NYG is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Don't.

What's the point? R* have been developing this game forever. They've put blood sweat and tears into both versions, and they still will to make the DLC for 360.

It was scheduled for release last year, but it was pushed back. The wait from March to October was bad, then you were told it would come out in "Q2 2008". You waited longer.

It's now 5 days away. You have to get past the weekend, go to school or work or college or uni on Monday, and then when you wake up, or even at midnight for the lucky few, you'll be able to play the game.

If you don't have enough patience to wait 5 more days after a 13 month wait, then you have no self control.

The moral of the story is this: you've waited 13 months for this game. You respect R* for making the greatest game series ever, yet you're willing to pirate the game, therefore not giving R* the money they not only need, but deserve, just to play it a few days early.

Make the right choice people.
AMEN!!
NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #18
kidgoku
Newbie Member

kidgoku is an unknown quantity at this point
Deleted

Last edited by kidgoku; 04-24-2008 at 08:33 PM..
kidgoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #19
Riffmaster Jon
Backstabber

Riffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished road
*sniff*..... I love you.
Old 04-24-2008   #20
sirspy
Well... since you put it that way... I'm in.
Amateur Member

sirspy is an unknown quantity at this point
right on man!
Old 04-24-2008   #21
Hateatingpirate
Policeman from Oz

Hateatingpirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Group hug!
Hateatingpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #22
SIZZLYBONE
$19.95 Plus s&h
Newbie Member

SIZZLYBONE is an unknown quantity at this point
as much as im hearing you out and i agree with you

this isnt gonna make a difference,piraters are still gonna pirate it
good read though
Old 04-24-2008   #23
Hateatingpirate
Policeman from Oz

Hateatingpirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIZZLYBONE View Post
as much as im hearing you out and i agree with you

this isnt gonna make a difference,piraters are still gonna pirate it
good read though
Its unfortunate because the battle to stop piracy is a losing one really... the only sure methods of doing it have too many problems associated with it.

Downloading it is just as bad as walking into the store, taking a copy and putting it under your shirt- software piracy is just a way for those keyboard heroes who have no self esteem or guts to commit a crime without physically doing it. I'm still a little bemused that Rockstar didn't break the date now so stores could sell it and stop those impatient people who were going to buy the game from downloading it.

Here's hoping that MS are able to knock off everyone who is using a modded console to play the pirated versions.
Hateatingpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #24
bonesmccoy
Sabotage

bonesmccoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Don't.

What's the point? R* have been developing this game forever. [......]

I hear you, but the problem is that all you're doing is simply restating the existing morality as it pertains to downloaded cracked/ripped games. Someone who is using a pirate version is probably quite accustomed to dling cracked games already, so it's not as if they're going to just experience a moment of morality and decide not to do it just because it's Rock$tar.

The problem with software piracy is that it's only legally piracy in certain countries. Canada and Sweden, for example, don't have any laws against sharing software, music and movies. Until there is an international agreement on the legality of file sharing, developers will always be playing catch up with the sharers.
bonesmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #25
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal View Post
Who cares...game comes ou tin 3 days now...itll take longer to download it

if i wanted to download it i could have it much sooner, maybe 24 hours MAX
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #26
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Don't.

What's the point? R* have been developing this game forever. They've put blood sweat and tears into both versions, and they still will to make the DLC for 360.

It was scheduled for release last year, but it was pushed back. The wait from March to October was bad, then you were told it would come out in "Q2 2008". You waited longer.

It's now 5 days away. You have to get past the weekend, go to school or work or college or uni on Monday, and then when you wake up, or even at midnight for the lucky few, you'll be able to play the game.

If you don't have enough patience to wait 5 more days after a 13 month wait, then you have no self control.

The moral of the story is this: you've waited 13 months for this game. You respect R* for making the greatest game series ever, yet you're willing to pirate the game, therefore not giving R* the money they not only need, but deserve, just to play it a few days early.

this wins my vote for post of the year in the next GTAG awards. But, everything you said is completely true, and I agree with it all
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #27
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Don't.

/signed
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #28
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Rich View Post
i give the pc version a good year before coming out. but once it does i'ma BUY it. i'ma have to upgrade to vista too, i bet
Just wait for Windows 7 / Windows 2009
Old 04-25-2008   #29
caslad81

caslad81 is an unknown quantity at this point
I will be honest I have several pieces of pirated software for my PC, but to go and download a copy of the most anticipated game of the decade after they have poured there blood, sweat and tears in to this game is putting the future of this great series in jepardy! buy the game and show your support!
caslad81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #30
nikobellic

nikobellic is an unknown quantity at this point
I could not have put that better myself! over the past few months I preached to my friends who have no problem playing pirated copies, to atleast wait and purchase the original genuine copy because Rockstar deserve it!!

I did not win however, as they are playing it right now.....while I am getting my GTAIV fix by searching this site every hour....

Playstation Loyalist, but XBOX360 convert.
nikobellic is offline   Reply With Quote