Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2008   #1
Jacobs Supplier
Whoever you get ya guns from, im they supplier...

Jacobs Supplier is an unknown quantity at this point
100% Club & Story Club Ruined????

OK, so what does the leak mean for the 100% club, and story club?? These people have the game nearly a week in advance and it would be impossible to catch up if any of them are gunning to be the first to finish. Is Rockstar recording the online ID's of players to exclude them, or will they get an unfair advantage??

Me personally, I don't mind because i plan on taking my time and slowly enjoying the story mode as i explore the city and cause mayhem. I'm just curious to see what you guys have to say about this, as this is really unfair & i haven't heard anybody approach the subject yet...
Old 04-24-2008   #2
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Well people haven't yet gained the option to link their Social Club account with their Gamertag or PSN username.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #3
Jacobs Supplier

but when they do wont they already be so far into the game?
Old 04-24-2008   #4
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
i think its kinda bullshit to. they should just disable the mp until the 29th. the 100% club is kinda ruined but their names could be removed from it so they have to start all over to get it back.
Old 04-24-2008   #5
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

TheJordanJames is on a distinguished roadTheJordanJames is on a distinguished road
I understand what everyone is saying i feel the same way.

The social club isn't open yet, so all the people who have the game and playing it, they wont be on the 100% list even if they complete it, and i imagine this is the same, if they are half way through the game after the 29th, i think they will need to restart the game on the 29th for them to be accepted.

So good news, they aren't going to win it now, bad news.. They all have a 5/6 day lead on the whole word. They have mastered the controls, know some streets, know how to complete the missions easier..

Sucks i guess.
TheJordanJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #6
AstroFan

AstroFan is an unknown quantity at this point
It doesnt really bother me, I have never gotten 100% on a GTA, and I work 12 hours a day so Ill finish the story way after most people.
AstroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #7
lilduffelbagboy

lilduffelbagboy is an unknown quantity at this point
they probably just have to start ova cuz if u just automaticly have anything over 55% on the launch date microsoft and sony will most likely just banned them if they have more than that. It would seem reasonable shit but the only problem I have is they will know liberty city like tha back of their hands when the social club is launched so we will be overwhelmed by the scale and the mission design and the early birds will just breeze thru the game faster than us now that's my problem

"Without question, Grand Theft Auto IV is the best game since Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time." IGN 10/10

"Put two apple pie slices in his ass he's a true American."
lilduffelbagboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #8
thor1to3for5
Newbie Member

thor1to3for5 is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree it is totally ruined. I hope that anyone dumb enough to register the account used while playing the leaked version with Social Club is banned for life. I'm into the whole anti corperation thing and I think stealing music is funny and all that but this was SUPPOSED to be a competition and all these people are CHEATERS. I have no respect for anyone who played the leaked version and gained an edge.
Old 04-24-2008   #9
Jomolungma
Amateur Member

Jomolungma is on a distinguished roadJomolungma is on a distinguished roadJomolungma is on a distinguished road
ok... do we know what 100% for this game means? does it include ALL achievements? not sure if it could because the PS3 doesn't have achievements, but if it does then 100% will be difficult because one of the achievements is to kill a R* dev in MP. if they don't come online, how do you get that achievement?
Jomolungma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #10
x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z
I Run New York .
Amateur Member

x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z can only hope to improve
Um, I know what the socia club is. But 100% Club, haven't heard about it... I'm guessing 100% Completion of the game judging by recent posts.

Anyway back on topic, it would be kinda gay if they got to be ahead of everyone else by being impatient fiends for a videogame. However, there was a warning to all people who got it early telling them not to go online even if you're not playing Multi. Idk doesn't bother me a WHOLE much, but in some ways. As long as they don't get some fucking award for playing ileegaly I'm pretty cool with it . Ok I'm done w|my essay lol .

Xbox Live GamerTag x V i s u a L z

Littlelio;
But I really want to date some other hot chicks...
Hateatingpirate; Then get off the game an do it
x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #11
Jacobs Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1to3for5 View Post
I agree it is totally ruined. I hope that anyone dumb enough to register the account used while playing the leaked version with Social Club is banned for life. I'm into the whole anti corperation thing and I think stealing music is funny and all that but this was SUPPOSED to be a competition and all these people are CHEATERS. I have no respect for anyone who played the leaked version and gained an edge.
Thats what im saying, even though i had no plans to try for this, it bothers me that these people are enjoying a game we all waited so patiently for, not only for free but before us too...
Old 04-24-2008   #12
Matt174e
Newbie Member

Matt174e is an unknown quantity at this point
Do any of you expect to actually be able to compete against the millions to be the first to have 100% done anyway?

It's a waste of time to even try in my opinion. Not to mention it'll ruin the game for you if you rush through it.
Matt174e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #13
kitch31
lKitchl

kitch31 is an unknown quantity at this point
i can understand its been ruined for people because my self i av played the game for my self now, not for ages i would say good half n hour or so, whilst i was at my mates, so im not too disapointed as for the social club i dont really mind, a whole lot cos i wanna enjoy the game not rush it but still jus wait till tuesday lol and everyone is goin 2 be happy bunnies
kitch31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #14
Jacobs Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt174e View Post
Do any of you expect to actually be able to compete against the millions to be the first to have 100% done anyway?

It's a waste of time to even try in my opinion. Not to mention it'll ruin the game for you if you rush through it.
that was my opinion to begin with... i just wanted to see what those of you who wanted to attempt this thought about this...
Old 04-24-2008   #15
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
Fook them.
The clubs are mine.

I don't care if they have a 6-day advantage, I'm still going to be in.
We have been GTA fans since the first, so that's over 10 years of experience for ya.

ChiTheDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote