Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2008   #31
AstroFan

AstroFan is an unknown quantity at this point
I think people's desire to play the game now try to rationalize why the game should release already, and it doesnt help that they know there are hundreds or maybe thousands playing as we speak.
Old 04-24-2008   #32
RooUnit
AndyRoo

RooUnit is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
Tell me again why Rockstar is "losing out" by releasing it on the 29th? you're saying they should just start selling now because some nerds ripped the game to a torrent?

The set a release date like EVERY OTHER GAME HAS. What fucking point are you trying to make?
My point grandad is, that people are downloading the torrent....rather than actually buying the game from the shop....does that make sense to you?? Or do you have your handbag infront of you little face??
RooUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #33
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
Look, it's just GTA Fans, we're all GTA Fans, let's respect other GTA Fans?

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #34
Jamal
Banned
Banned

Jamal can only hope to improve
I think that since the gameplay vids came out this site has become a warzone....definitlythat comment should be put at the top of every page
Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #35
Ænemy
Digital/Concept Artist

Ænemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enough
I wonder if all the stores who ordered copies have already gotten their shipment. If they did, I'd think they could and should release (world wide) early.

Maybe they wanna watch us slobber and drool all over our computer.
Ænemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #36
Jamal
Banned
Banned

Maybe i should rob a local gamestop...
Old 04-24-2008   #37
AstroFan

AstroFan is an unknown quantity at this point
And people say GTA leads to criminal activity. Psssh!
Old 04-24-2008   #38
Jamal
Banned
Banned

lol....NO SHUT UP

the WANT for GTA LEADS TO CRIMINAL ACTIVITY!!!!!
Old 04-24-2008   #39
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
i think that for the most part people would praise an early release tomorrow.. but the pre orders bight be miffed that they have to wait till at least Saturday before it makes it through the mail... and possibly longer... but i wish that i had it for the weekend... it's not the fact that i have to wait a few more days.. its the fact that for 3 days after that my gaming time is severely limited XD then the weekend comes and i shall sit takeing the occasional meal and gorgeing on missions lol
Old 04-24-2008   #40
sasagd
Most inactive Member

sasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enough
it is not easy to know that a lot of people are playing the game right now, but I love rockstar and I'll wait 'till the 29th if I have to, I don't know why some people are so harsh to the OP, I feel the same way, but I won't ruin my 360 or disrespect the hard work rockstar put into the game, and I do agree that an early release date would be awesome, I know some stores have broken the release date and started to sell the game alredy.
To the OP, I read your post and I agree, besides you never said you were going to mod your 360, since the leak a lot of people seem very angry...

English is not my native language, so please, forgive any mistakes.
I'm Back!! (kinda)
sasagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #41
vveaponx
Newbie Member

vveaponx is on a distinguished roadvveaponx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
No, Rockstar is not making a mistake. And it's not as simple as "going to get it chipped".

You have to crack into the system, voiding your warranty, mod some of the hardware, update and install the firmware, then wait while you dishonestly download a 7 GB file.

Quit being a fuckstick and wait until Monday night like everyone else.
QFT.
Old 04-24-2008   #42
2657canes

2657canes is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone thinking that the release will get moved up is fooling themselves. There is NO chance. Every form of media leaks these days and only in the rarest of occasions do things get bumped. If this was a month in advance it'd be more likely.

There is too much money invested in the marketing campaign of 4/29, from retailers/publishers etc. A pushed up retail date would cost Rockstar more than what they could potentially lose as they most definitely have contracts with retailers on hitting that date. There's still lots of retailers that havent even received their stock yet.

Some of you are giving the pirates too much credit. The percentage is so low of people that have modified consoles that its not going to make a dent and theres always a segment of people that never planned on buying it. Its a chore to mod the 360 and the losses are not really that great. Sure, it looks like a lot are downloading it, but the amount of people that are waiting is far far far greater. The game will still set retail records on Tuesday.
2657canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #43
Qontrol
Brennan heart.
Amateur Member

Qontrol is an unknown quantity at this point
You made a mistake of thinking that and making a thread about it, Honestly.

Don't ask me why, I cannot answer.
Qontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #44
Marko Dash
Newbie Member

Marko Dash is an unknown quantity at this point
of couse this place is turning into a warzone, the release date is getting close. each passing hour is like control rods easing out of our reactors.
I loved Saint's Row, just too short and your character gets too little dialogue, it was like GTA on steroids, massively pumped up but something got smaller...
Marko Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #45
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
Lol, if you want to do that shit. Go ahead. We don't really care. We're waiting just like you, dude.
SA is offline   Reply With Quote