Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2008   #1
RooUnit
AndyRoo

RooUnit is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Rockstar are making a mistake not releasing the game tomorrow....

or closer that Tuesday.....See, now i KNOW i can get the game illegally.....it makes me think, now on one hand, i could leave my house RIGHT now and get my 360 chipped and get the game for less than 40 quid....on the OTHER hand i could wait until Tuesday...and spend 40 quid +...and buy the original....i'd much rather get the original, but i do say, i'm tempted to get it right this second.....
RooUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #2
Ensorcelled
Newbie Member

Ensorcelled is an unknown quantity at this point
This topic is going places. o_o
Ensorcelled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #3
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
No, Rockstar is not making a mistake. And it's not as simple as "going to get it chipped".

You have to crack into the system, voiding your warranty, mod some of the hardware, update and install the firmware, then wait while you dishonestly download a 7 GB file.

Quit being a fuckstick and wait until Monday night like everyone else.
Old 04-24-2008   #4
Cutts
Omniscient

Cutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to behold
I sense a ban coming your way. Or disciplinary action of some consequence.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #5
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutts View Post
I sense a ban coming your way. Or disciplinary action of some consequence.
Who me?
Old 04-24-2008   #6
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
Who me?
besides "fuckstick" i dont see anything wrong with ur post lol
Old 04-24-2008   #7
RooUnit
AndyRoo

RooUnit is an unknown quantity at this point
Why would i get banned for saying that i could go out and get my xbox chipped?? I'm not saying i'm GOING to, i'm saying that i could, and i'd have GTA by morning....
RooUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #8
NotPale2Hall
Unregistered User
Newbie Member

NotPale2Hall has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensorcelled View Post
This topic is going places. o_o
Like to the Circular Filing Cabinet?
NotPale2Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #9
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
Most don't bother with chipped xbox's, seeing as it can get you banned from Live, unless you have 2 xbox's.

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #10
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
This is an interesting topic actually, and the possibility of an early release was something which I considered when the leaks first started yesterday.

The conclusion I came to in my mind is that releasing the game early would be like admitting the hackers had won. It just isn't going to happen. However! There is a real possibility that retailers may feel they're losing out to the pirates and take their own action, or if one does so, then the rest follow suit. The latter situation seems to have already occurred in Australia, where DVD Crave were the first to break the release date.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #11
JohnnyRodz
Banned
Banned

JohnnyRodz can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
No, Rockstar is not making a mistake. And it's not as simple as "going to get it chipped".

You have to crack into the system, voiding your warranty, mod some of the hardware, update and install the firmware, then wait while you dishonestly download a 7 GB file.

Quit being a fuckstick and wait until Monday night like everyone else.

I'm JohnnyRodz and I approve of this message.
JohnnyRodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #12
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
You shouldnt download pirated copies nor have your xbox chipped, at least give rockstar some credit god damit
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #13
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
im with california6066 in that one R* have put alot of effort into that game, i guess they must be a tad guttered about the whole thing
Old 04-24-2008   #14
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
ugh.. no rockstar is not making a mistake.
every big release (games, movies, cds) gets leaked, its just how it goes. rockstar has a set date, they're not gonna change it just cuz some people have the game now.
Old 04-24-2008   #15
dillinja

dillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished road
The amount of people with chipped xboxs are too insignificant to enforce anything like this. Besides its unworkable, sme stores wont have their stock yet and will have reason to sight an unfair market.
dillinja is offline   Reply With Quote