Old 04-24-2008   #1
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

TheJordanJames is on a distinguished roadTheJordanJames is on a distinguished road
Pre-Order Problems

Well.. 4 Days to go, and this happens to me!

In March i pre ordered from a local game shop.. pretty reliable, but all in all, its run by a bunch of teenagers who have just left school.

My friend rang me today saying that if you pre ordered, and are going to the midnight launch, you have to ring up now, so they can highlight your name on the list, so they can give it too you.. to make sure they have enough copy's.

So i rang them up, and the 16yr old lad told me he's searching for my name, and couldn't find it. This is where i remembered, when i pre ordered the game, they didn't ask me for my name, and funnily enough, the person i pre ordered it from is the manager of the store. So i went on to say i have a pre order receipt, can i come and get it. He said no, your not on the list, you can come on the Tuesday, and we MIGHT have some copy's left.

I put the phone down, in quest for another game shop, preferably the special edition for the PS3, as that isn't widely sold out. I told my brother of what happened, and he was having none of it. He rang the game shop up, asked for the manager, gave them a few words of advice, and now we can go get the game on the midnight launch.

Although their letting us come, which they should seeing as we pre ordered it in March, i can imagine a few mess ups that night, leaving us with no game because we ain't on their 'magical list'

Anybody else had problems?
TheJordanJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #2
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Just go to Asda or Tesco, the game will be a cheaper there.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #3
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

TheJordanJames is on a distinguished roadTheJordanJames is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Just go to Asda or Tesco, the game will be a cheaper there.
Well i do live 2 minutes away from an asda, its literally down the end of my road. You think you would of had to pre order from their? or if i go early enough i could snag a copy..?
Old 04-24-2008   #4
kitch31
lKitchl

kitch31 is an unknown quantity at this point
im okay i pre ordered 4th january lol, and GAME as taken my payment so i should get it for release day wooo
kitch31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #5
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJordanJames View Post
Well i do live 2 minutes away from an asda, its literally down the end of my road. You think you would of had to pre order from their? or if i go early enough i could snag a copy..?
ASDA don't do preorders in their stores, so they are one of the most likely places you will find stock on Tuesday.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #6
Kent_Jim
Kent Pauls Better Looking Brother
Newbie Member

Kent_Jim is an unknown quantity at this point
Agree with the above, I worked at Asda when S.A was launched, about 25 people bought the game at midnight, I started work at 6am and bought it then without a problem and there were a few copies left even the next day.

Already spoke to ASDA regarding IV and they said some at midnight and they will have copies there! Theres also a massive Tesco like 5 minutes away so one of those stores should have it, I seriously doubt that many people will go Asda/Tesco at midnight for a game
Kent_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #7
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
i pre ordered mine @gamestop like a month ago and i have it paid off. id hope the fuck they wouldnt give mine away to someone else or not have writien me on their fucked list.
Old 04-24-2008   #8
AstroFan

AstroFan is an unknown quantity at this point
I preordered mine at Gamecrazy sometime last year. I go in there all the time and the manager knows who I am whenever I come in, so I get to relax. I did have my preorder disappear one time at a gamestop, for Vice City I think.
AstroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #9
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
ill BE PISSED!!!!!
Old 04-24-2008   #10
lilduffelbagboy

lilduffelbagboy is an unknown quantity at this point
well I didn't pay the full installment on my San Andreas when I preordered I paid fo it when I got there then I got it. The folks that didn't preorder had to wait till everybody got there copy and that was a midnight release but it wasn't that many waitin but the preorders were filled up a big ass bucket that was used for previous viewed games

"Without question, Grand Theft Auto IV is the best game since Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time." IGN 10/10

"Put two apple pie slices in his ass he's a true American."
lilduffelbagboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #11
JohnnyRodz
Banned
Banned

JohnnyRodz can only hope to improve
I wish they'd do preorders the way they used to do them. Meaning the store would call you the day before the game released and let you come and pick it up. I'm just not a fan of that midnight release crap.
JohnnyRodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #12
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRodz View Post
I wish they'd do preorders the way they used to do them. Meaning the store would call you the day before the game released and let you come and pick it up. I'm just not a fan of that midnight release crap.
Same here. This happened with the xbox 360 launch at the same shop, they did a mid night launch, and people who had pre orders still didn't get a console. Waste of time.