Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2008   #1
cT Riot
- Chaos Theory, cT -
Newbie Member

cT Riot is an unknown quantity at this point
Stopping Games Being Played Before Release

Using a system update that is released 23:59:59 the day before it is released. The game once in the disk tray will go through what every game does, showing the logo's of producers, designers etc, but the main menu is gone, so the play cannot do anything.

The system update will then cause the main menu to appear. There is the problem for people who don't connect to Xbox Live / PSN thou.

It would stop the leaks.
cT Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #2
AstroFan

AstroFan is an unknown quantity at this point
What does it matter if they got the game at a store the legit way? Its not like a team of bandits knocked off a delivery truck, some stores just released the game without caring/thinking.

The code leak on the other hand is pretty shitty.
AstroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #3
kitch31
lKitchl

kitch31 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think stores released it early most people either work in a game store and stole a copy or, they r running illegal copies for example my mate as illegal copy got it today
kitch31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #4
JohnnyRodz
Banned
Banned

JohnnyRodz can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by cT Riot View Post
Using a system update that is released 23:59:59 the day before it is released. The game once in the disk tray will go through what every game does, showing the logo's of producers, designers etc, but the main menu is gone, so the play cannot do anything.

The system update will then cause the main menu to appear. There is the problem for people who don't connect to Xbox Live / PSN thou.

It would stop the leaks.
Man I wish some of you would stop crying just because somebody got it early and you didn't. "Oh,we must stop the leaks" Please,if you'd gotten a copy early,you damn well wouldn't be complaining. So let it go.
JohnnyRodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #5
gtafan19
Newbie Member

gtafan19 is an unknown quantity at this point
I need to play this game.
gtafan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #6
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Best idea IMO is to put like a compulsory 1mb update, but not uploading it until the release day.

It would've worked.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #7
Crazy J
here a guy that loves rampage.

Crazy J is an unknown quantity at this point
who care if they get it early or next week? those pirates are disgraceful to public. All I care is getting my hands on GTA IV next week. Whoever agree with me say "Aye"
Crazy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #8
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic View Post
Best idea IMO is to put like a compulsory 1mb update, but not uploading it until the release day.

It would've worked.
What about people without online capabilities?
Kwanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #9
cT Riot
- Chaos Theory, cT -
Newbie Member

cT Riot is an unknown quantity at this point
I am not the one complaining, and if I did recieve a copy now, I would play it right now throughout the night. The people complaining is Take 2. They - very understandably - don't want people to ruin thier first proper experience by someone who leaked footage of it all over the internet. I was just thinking of a way to stop this. Sure it isn't perfect as people without online capabilities are screwed, but it would have stopped topics including this one from being created.

Last edited by cT Riot; 04-24-2008 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: type
cT Riot is offline   Reply With Quote