Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2008   #1
RatedArtist

RatedArtist is an unknown quantity at this point
PS3 version of GTA IV 'undoubtedly superior to the Xbox 360'

According to IGN ,if you have the choice between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of GTA IV, you should go for the PS3 version as it is "undoubtedly superior to the Xbox 360."

PS3 has 7.1 Audio Confirmed while the 360 has 5.1 audio.

Source: http://n4g.com/News-138806.aspx
Old 04-24-2008   #2
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
According to that article Planet GTA pulled their story. So This is probably just bullshit. Who cares about 7.1 vs 5.1
Video Games are based off of storyline and gameplay. If neither of thsoe are good for either console, the game is crap. From everything we've seen the game is the same on both sides. Stop trying to incite a riot, it's a video game, who cares what you have as long as we get to experience this masterpiece.

Even to quote VERBATIM from Planet GTA

PS3 or Xbox 360? [ 15 Comments ]
14:21 PST | Jordan | Print News | Category: GTA IV
Multiple comments and rumors are circulating around the internet that involve people arguing about which console will have the better version of Grand Theft Auto IV. Comments made by Adriaan on the website yesterday were blown way out of proportion. Both versions of the game offer an unparalleled experience. Both versions offer superior graphics. Both versions will have excellent online capabilities. After playing both versions for hours myself, I can attest to this.

The answer to the question of "Should I get the PS3 or Xbox 360 version?" can be easily answered by asking yourself this question: Which version will your friends be playing online...the people that you want to play the game with? That's it. Answer that question and you will be able to make your decision with ease. It really is that simple.

Last edited by Bfett21; 04-24-2008 at 09:30 PM..
Old 04-24-2008   #3
RedAvery
F*ck all yaw B****es....Except all the staff. You guys are cool.
Amateur Member

RedAvery is infamous around these partsRedAvery is infamous around these parts
i have no friends on ps3. people will mod there ass off on ps3. i will see a bunch of super heroes. i will get owned by cheaters. xbox 360 rapes modders by banning them till 9999 lol
Old 04-24-2008   #4
lay.z.boy
Newbie Member

lay.z.boy is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not a PS3 fanboy so hopefully this doesn't cause a problem....

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/ga...gta-iv-on-ps3/

Eight Reasons You'll Play GTA IV on PS3

At least the PlayStation 3 works
Give Sony credit for designing a system that doesn't turn into a paperweight two weeks after you bring it home. Microsoft soured its reputation as a console maker by releasing a machine that notoriously breaks. Sorry, but after getting slapped with the red rings of death well over 10 times, and knowing that a big game like GTA IV may brick multiple Xbox 360s, we'll support the hardware with the jock strap big enough to hold Rockstar's mammoth video game.

We don't need no stinkin' downloadable content
Xbox 360 fanatics love shoving their exclusive downloadable content in our faces, but we could care less. By the time Rockstar releases it (rumors point to fall), we'll be too busy playing big games like Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3. There's no chance in hell that we'll stop playing Fallout 3 for some extra cars and missions.

Play online for free
That's right. You can kill people online all day and it won't cost a thing on PS3. Sure, Sony doesn't have an online community service comparable to Xbox Live, but no one should have to shell out $50 for the "privilege" of playing online with friends. Microsoft also proved this past holiday season that it can't keep Xbox Live from going to hell -- we waited for weeks to get back to playing Call of Duty 4 multiplayer.

Downloadable content will come to PS3 eventually
We can't confirm or deny this, but think about it. Video games are big business. Rockstar higher ups celebrate creativity, but still love making money. PS3 sales are on the rise. It makes sense that we'd see the 360's exclusive content on Sony's machine at some point.
(I personally don't agree with this one, PS3 will get downloadable content, but giving exclusive XBOX content to Sony would be a breach of contract.)

Xbox 360 controller will never beat the DualShock 3
After 10 years of dominance, Sony's DualShock game controller is still the standard by which all controllers are judged. Not even Nintendo has been able to sustain the same game pad quality throughout its history. Bottom line, the PS3 controller feels great in the hands. Microsoft deserves praise for its Xbox 360 controller, but we don't need it to enjoy GTA IV.

Grand Theft Auto belongs on PS3
Grand Theft Auto and PlayStation go together like peanut butter and jelly. GTA isn't a console exclusive franchise, but the games series got its start on PlayStation. Rockstar later released GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas on Xbox, but that almost seemed like an afterthought. It's just gonna feel right to reunite GTA with PlayStation.

More hard drive space
Rumors on the Internet say GTA IV needs a mandatory five-minute install, and that means it most likely will consume a generous chunk of hard drive space. If that's true for Xbox 360, then we feel sorry for the folks who have the pathetic 20 GB harddrive. PS3 owners sit atop a heap of space, so we don't have to sweat devoting some of it to this game of the year candidate.

PS3 doesn't sound like a jet engine
Do you hear that annoying hum? Oh wait, no you don't. That's because the PS3 is silent like a ninja. Xbox 360, on the other hand, sounds like a microwave oven. We want to play our GTA without any (and we mean any) distractions.

- Chris Buffa

Last edited by lay.z.boy; 04-24-2008 at 09:37 PM..
Old 04-24-2008   #5
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Dude that article can be argued by anyone. Even by saying GTA belongs on PS3 makes the author seem like someone with sour grapes about the whole situation. As I said before it's a friggin video game. Who cares what system you played it on. But oh well. I pay 50 a year for Xbox Live. I enjoy my 360. And I'm getting GTA on it. Who Loses? no one.
Old 04-24-2008   #6
lay.z.boy
Newbie Member

lay.z.boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Like I said I'm not a fanboy, I have nothing against 360, I think it's a great system. Just thought I would bring the article to some peoples attention. I'm sure SOME fanboys might pick up something to go argue on the GAMESPOT forums about haha
Old 04-24-2008   #7
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
shit sounds good to me its pretty bad when they a name for your stupid systems failing "RROD" as you XCOX nerds call it
Old 04-24-2008   #8
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
This thread serves no purpose other than starting another console war. It's been stated over and over, the versions are practically the same. To each their own, they both have minor pros and cons.
Closed Thread