Matt_310 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im scared... i dont want driving to be like scarface coz tht wer shit
Matt_310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #47
mcspade
Newbie Member

mcspade is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont worry, you'll get used to it.
It's just not as easy as it was back ins San Andreas or VC.
mcspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #48
7 Day Theory
with fate guiding my every move

7 Day Theory is on a distinguished road7 Day Theory is on a distinguished road
I've watched quite a bit of gameplay footage at this point. I just make sure not to watch any sort of video with the intro or any kind of missions being played. Everything else is fair game for myself. Quick observation:

- It seems like pedestrians can put up a serious fight now if you provoke them. In one video I saw, the person playing whent into a fast food place, shoved a big, burley biker looking dude and the guy was whooping the player ass so bad he had to run outside, and find a car to steal before he was beaten to death. (He eventually got away after being pulled out of the car and pummeled again). Maybe these people I've seen are just bad at using the fighting mechanics, though. Who knows.
7 Day Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #49
NMae12

NMae12 is on a distinguished roadNMae12 is on a distinguished roadNMae12 is on a distinguished roadNMae12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Day Theory View Post
I've watched quite a bit of gameplay footage at this point. I just make sure not to watch any sort of video with the intro or any kind of missions being played. Everything else is fair game for myself. Quick observation:

- It seems like pedestrians can put up a serious fight now if you provoke them. In one video I saw, the person playing whent into a fast food place, shoved a big, burley biker looking dude and the guy was whooping the player ass so bad he had to run outside, and find a car to steal before he was beaten to death. (He eventually got away after being pulled out of the car and pummeled again). Maybe these people I've seen are just bad at using the fighting mechanics, though. Who knows.
yeah, no more super punches like in san andreas. You'd never lose a fist fight on san andreas but the big guys on this really seem like they could kick your ass if youre not careful. getting beat down never looked so fun
NMae12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #50
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
I've yet to see the cops arresting peds but I'm sure it will happen sooner or later.
CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #51
AstroFan

AstroFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Did anyone see the vid where Niko was crossing a street and slow moving(SLOW) bumped him in the back of the leg? Instead of just flailing down the street, his legs just bent kinda like he was chopped blocked. I thought that little animation was incredible just because it was something I wouldnt think any developer would ever worry about. lol
AstroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #52
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
i just watched the helicopter vid, looks pretty sick.

but why does star junction look so empty!!!
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #53
Bandro
Newbie Member

Bandro is an unknown quantity at this point
does it look empty??? thats my worst fucking fear right there? you gotta be joking? if thats sparse then that is pathetic.
Bandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #54
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
idk how this could be a spoiler but just to be safe:
In a stream, peds inside a store or business/ strip club will actually have their cars parked outside, so if uu chase one out of a store, they will likely take their car and flee
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #55
Oxymoron
jou ma se poes

Oxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura aboutOxymoron has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkio View Post
i just watched the helicopter vid, looks pretty sick.

but why does star junction look so empty!!!
Yeah i know :S. It's pretty weird.
But then again, most of these people have ripped their versions off some sketchy torrent sites and therefore the game could have many problems with it.
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #56
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
The torrent sites have a retail copy dude. what you see is what you're gonna get.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #57
Tendercrisp
Hi.

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Looks like Niko will stop, drop, and writhe when he catches on fire.
Tendercrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #58
dizzleman

dizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished road
i was watching this gameplay vid juss now an the guy was burning soo much rubber that he blew out his tire hahah

=]
dizzleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #59
nYgel

nYgel is an unknown quantity at this point
Kanye West's Flashing Lights is in the game, I just heard it.
nYgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #60
dizzleman

dizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nYgel View Post
Kanye West's Flashing Lights is in the game, I just heard it.
YES!! thats a good song =]
i also heard
get it shawty by lloyd
dizzleman is offline   Reply With Quote