Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2008   #16
walter
An offer you can't refuse

walter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enough
Well, I was overcome with temptation, and after reading some of these posts, I gave in and watched some vids.
Basically what I expected gameplay wise and more. Looks absolutely stunning even when recorded with a camera. My only complaint, though, would be that the enviroments seem so lacking in population density. From the street to even in
the comedy club
it seemed so empty. But, seriously, that is the only thing that I didn't like to any extent.
Old 04-23-2008   #17
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
You can't expect it to be massively populated ALL the time. Certain points in the day will be less crowded than others. Give the game time and you will be greatly amazed.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #18
walter
An offer you can't refuse

walter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I sort of thought that it may be because of the time of day. To me it just seemed unrealistic, thats all.
I love everything else I saw, though, especially the driving.
Old 04-23-2008   #19
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
As much as I hate to say it, the game looked a bit like Saint's Row. This isn't a bad thing though, I thought Saint's Row was a really good game.
JMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #20
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMR View Post
As much as I hate to say it, the game looked a bit like Saint's Row. This isn't a bad thing though, I thought Saint's Row was a really good game.
Of course.

Saint's Row looked like GTA.

So it's only logical that...
Old 04-23-2008   #21
Stiler
Newbie Member

Stiler is an unknown quantity at this point
From what I've read, is there no vigilante side missions or anything? People have said they can't find any or anything like how it worked in the past gta games.

I could swear in a review I read recently as well as previews that they mentioned vigilante missions and others that you could do, even recall and achievement for one.
Stiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #22
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Perhaps you need to progress in the game and get the feds on your side before you can do Vigilante Missions.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #23
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
I noticed something in the intro and one of the game play videos.

In some of the videos the player revs the car like a manual. Manual transmission possible this time around, you think?

Its revved to much to be automatic
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #24
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
It looks smoother than Saint's Row, and Niko's model is much more realistic. I'm pretty satisfied with GTA IV's graphics.

EDIT: Also, Rockstar seems so annoyed by people leaking videos online that they're seriously removing fake GTA IV videos from YouTube. One of the videos had a fucking Rickroll picture, lol.

Last edited by ~Schwab; 04-23-2008 at 07:35 PM..
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #25
snappy

snappy is on a distinguished roadsnappy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
From what I've read, is there no vigilante side missions or anything? People have said they can't find any or anything like how it worked in the past gta games.

I could swear in a review I read recently as well as previews that they mentioned vigilante missions and others that you could do, even recall and achievement for one.
I thought you had to use the Computer in a cop car to activate the police vigilante missions.. and none of the ya know whats had anyone driving a cop car..
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #26
phlipp
Mmmm, Onions

phlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished road
i havent seen the origonal video on youtube...but i was fortunate enough to find another
it invloves,

[!!SPOILER!!]
the intro and part of the first mission i think?
heres the link
[removed]

Edit- shit my bad no links alowed

Last edited by phlipp; 04-23-2008 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: READ OUR RULES
phlipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #27
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
Unfourtanetly, you cannot post links to vids or pictures, Philipp, sorry!

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #28
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
From what i saw, i enjoyed every minute of the video.
Nuff said.
Old 04-23-2008   #29
Noob4Life

Noob4Life is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been waiting for gameplay footage for awhile, now that it's been leaked I'm amazed. I can't wait for this game to come out it's going to be GOTY worthy.
Noob4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #30
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
what was this live feed u guys are taling about?
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote