Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2008   #16
evil eli
wolfpvck

evil eli has a reputation beyond reputeevil eli has a reputation beyond reputeevil eli has a reputation beyond reputeevil eli has a reputation beyond reputeevil eli has a reputation beyond reputeevil eli has a reputation beyond reputeevil eli has a reputation beyond reputeevil eli has a reputation beyond reputeevil eli has a reputation beyond reputeevil eli has a reputation beyond reputeevil eli has a reputation beyond repute
I think the way Niko walks is a bit strange, especially when he turns. It almost looks as if he's falling over.
Old 04-23-2008   #17
Luciphear
Amateur Member

Luciphear is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cop1 View Post
yea da car suspension is strangely overdone ,,,,,,, wonder why da previewers didnt notice ??
As they said it'd be awesome I supose it looks worse than when you actually play yourself. o_O Or perhaps it's a matter of opinion.
Luciphear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #18
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
I haven't watched any videos, can anyone confirm what I heard that

Fernando Martinez is on the radio?
Old 04-23-2008   #19
AstroFan

AstroFan is an unknown quantity at this point
I love the new Resident Evil 4 shooting camera. Im also very surprised how much the completely redone city still reminds me of the original Liberty.
AstroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #20
kitch31
lKitchl

kitch31 is an unknown quantity at this point
i am excited because watching seems unreal to be honast cos nothing as been done like this on next gen, well sept saints row but that was absolute shit, so cannot compare, jus really looking forward to it as for the vids and the live stream i dont mind at all, just makes me want it even more, but as all games they get leaked a week or so before release cos people stealing them from stores of a friend etc et

but looks amazing
kitch31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #21
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
Despite the fact that I watched the intro video, I couldn't understand. Besides, it was the first cutscene (and only in the video) and part of it was already in the third official trailer. I'm sad to say that I watched the gameplay video, though. It maybe spoiled some environments, but that's really it. I'll have to actually drive one of the cars in order to see what it really feels like.

The cars look to handle badly, though, because the handling is more realistic. I would think the handling will be like Saint's Row, only a little better.
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #22
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
I'm not sure about all the slow motion stuff all the time but I guess I can get used to it.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #23
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
The game looks much more challenging now. Niko was killed with a few shots from a pistol in one of the vids I saw.

I disliked the handling. But I honestly think that everyone who was playing sucked balls at it.
Old 04-23-2008   #24
Krayzie13
Newbie Member

Krayzie13 is on a distinguished roadKrayzie13 is on a distinguished road
the handling of the car looked very hard to get used and the suspension of the car was strange. the fighting looked pretty cool compared to the last gta's. overall, i am surprised. i cant wait to play it though
Krayzie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #25
X-JayB-X
Mr. Everyone
Newbie Member

X-JayB-X is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayzie13 View Post
the handling of the car looked very hard to get used and the suspension of the car was strange. the fighting looked pretty cool compared to the last gta's. overall, i am surprised. i cant wait to play it though
I was watching the live feed.

Guys I can officially tell you not to worry about the suspension "issues".
This was only apparent because of the vehicle itself.
It appeared to be an off road vehicle.
In the feed he was using a muscle car which seemed much mores sturdy and powerful.
It is to make the cars each have there own individual feel, so cheaper, shabbier cars will feel rougher, and sports cars will feel silky to drive.

Xbox 360 Gamertag :
X-JayB-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #26
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
It will take all of us a while to get used to the new physics engine, but once we do, it will be the best so far indefinitely. Shame the videos had to stop before we had any MP footage.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #27
lufc1919

lufc1919 can only hope to improve
Objects are still spawning out of knowhere though which is a shame.
and we're going up

I laugh at the neg rep if you aint Leeds your a cunt

MARCHING ON TOGETHER
lufc1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #28
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
The physics are actually great.

I was watching a new one. And Niko trips as he's trying to jack a car. He holds onto the door handle as he trips. and catches his fall, his body brushing up against side of the vehicle and molding his form along side it realistically.

Oh, and Niko ran over this one guy. His body flopped up onto the hood, rested there until Niko sped up, rolled off, he got up about 15 seconds later.

Apparently he was dizzy from the impact. Niko ran over and punched him. He stumbled into an oncoming car and was crushed under it.

FUCKING EPIC.

Last edited by Tendercrisp; 04-23-2008 at 06:42 PM..
Tendercrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #29
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Tendercrisp, if you don't mind contacting me via AIM (s/n in my profile), it would be much appreciated.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #30
Masterjts

Masterjts is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont think there will be any mp footage until the game comes out on the 29th. I dont even think the MP servers are up on live for this game. They can access the SP because they could do that offline but when they try to connect to a mp game they probably time out. The only exception would be for people playing on the hacked copy that is floating around. I honestly dont know how that stuff works so they might be able to connect to each other?
Masterjts is offline   Reply With Quote