Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2008   #1
mbwildcats223
Newbie Member

mbwildcats223 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any chance of early release?

Sorry if this has been asked already, I am new to the board, so please don't go off on me. But I was just curious that since a lot of media and videos and possible spoilers are getting out if Rockstar will panic and release the game early. Most stores have probably already received their shipment it wouldn't be that hard to bump it up before the weekend. Just curious as to what you guys thought.
mbwildcats223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #2
RooUnit
AndyRoo

RooUnit is an unknown quantity at this point
I sure do hope that would happen, but i don't know if it's do-able or not.
RooUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #3
Steve Evil
Newbie Member

Steve Evil is an unknown quantity at this point
Halo 2 and San Andreas are two other titles that got leaked early and I don't remember the release date changing for either one, so don't get your hopes up.
Steve Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #4
mbwildcats223
Newbie Member

Yeah, I was just hoping. Sure would be nice to play a little GTA on the split screen while watching the NFL draft.
Old 04-23-2008   #5
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
If you ordered accross seas you proberbly wont get it till release day 29th april. Although if you ordered in your own country you could get is possibly on monday 28th.. maybe this friday if your lucky. Unfortunatly though for me i ordered my ps3 version from america about 1 and half years ago and my 360 version from a local store so theres no chance of me getting it early
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #6
mbwildcats223
Newbie Member

Well I reserved mine here in the states, good 'ol Kentucky. Would just love to have it over the weekend. But I guess can wait 6 more days.
Old 04-23-2008   #7
JacKtEk
Dirtier than the rest

JacKtEk is an unknown quantity at this point
Heh, I doubt that would happen. Although, it'd be great! it's only a couple days wait..
JacKtEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #8
2657canes

2657canes is an unknown quantity at this point
Nah, no chance in hell of it happening. If this was like a month prior to the launch, then maybe. There's a lot of money invested on so many sides for the exact launch date, from advertising to retailers etc. Its a very short period of time for this to have a major effect and too short to do a worldwide early launch. Every game that is released is played before launch by some people, from retailers to pirates. I'm sure Rockstar expected it. The fact that it's less than a week till launch before it happens is pretty impressive. San Andreas leaked sooner I believe, but cant remember really.

Many stores in the US have not received their shipments yet either if at all. One of my best friends is a manager at my local GS and they're not expecting the shipments until Friday or Monday (east coast USA). His boss is a dick though, so even hes not getting it before launch.

Plus, the "leaked" version is only the 360 as the PS3 cannot be modified. Yes, theres definitely some early PS3 people with it but its hardly rampant and most if not all of them are probably retail employees. The 360 can be modified to play pirated games, but the PS3 cannot as of yet. The amount of people with modified 360's in terms of ratio is very very low for a leak to have a damaging impact. They were never going to buy it to begin with anyway.
2657canes is offline   Reply With Quote