Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2008   #16
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
It doesn't matter if you disconnect ethernet, you're ps3/xbox 360 will record what games you've played, on what date, so as soon as you sign in, KABOOM!

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #17
BamBooUK

BamBooUK is on a distinguished roadBamBooUK is on a distinguished road
GTA IV on Xbox360 has already been leakd on P2P networks..

Last edited by BamBooUK; 04-23-2008 at 02:01 PM..
BamBooUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #18
Qontrol
Brennan heart.
Amateur Member

Qontrol is an unknown quantity at this point
Playing online = Banable, As i've heard.

You better watch out, I'll be playing GTA IV on 29 of april. All good. (Y)
Qontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #19
Reasonedone
Newbie Member

Reasonedone is an unknown quantity at this point
I think there is a lot of speculation in this thread. My friend got Halo 3 on the Saturday before it was released, played online and everything. He was never banned in any case. Nothing happened. All that happened was that the achievements didn't tally the time until the game was officially released.

He actually played against people who bought it at the same place online, no one got banned. Maybe a few got banned, but you're over speculating.

Personally, I'm likely to get it on Monday (I could get it Sunday if I want), I'm not sure I'll go online, but I will be playing it all day Monday. I guess that adds to my e-credit.
Reasonedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #20
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
If I got it early, I'd make my mum hide it from me.
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #21
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Boy View Post
It doesn't matter if you disconnect ethernet, you're ps3/xbox 360 will record what games you've played, on what date, so as soon as you sign in, KABOOM!

Change the console date.
CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #22
Lebron007
Newbie Member

Lebron007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im getting it Friday from J and L and i thought if you werent signed in it wouldnt matter. But im scared now
Lebron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #23
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Change the console date.
I don't think the Xbox runs off of time only, it updates via internet, like everything, and it would know how many days ago you played a game. :p

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #24
Qontrol
Brennan heart.
Amateur Member

Qontrol is an unknown quantity at this point
We all play under our own either ps3 or xbox accounts, As Lao Boy already said every game you play is saved in one of the datbase's from either ps3 and xbox company, So basically.. We're all being watched.
Qontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #25
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Not worth losing an account over.
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #26
Newbie Member

121750 is an unknown quantity at this point
gta 4

well.. speaking of getting the game earlier than the release date my friend gave me this link......warning[major spoiler] [ link removed ]
this guy got the game before 4/29 and shows some of the gameplay... which is by the way amassing!!

Last edited by SAMUEL L JACKSON!!; 04-24-2008 at 04:53 PM..
121750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #27
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodflow82 View Post
does anyone know what will happen if you play it before 4-29 in your console, either ps3 or xbox360?
because with halo for 360 if you played it early you were banned from xbox live.
all you need to do is disconnect your console from the internet...problem solved!
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #28
GrungeRockCity
Outshined

GrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished road
Get it early, don't play online until the 29th or later. That simple. Just focus on beating the game in single player, and getting accustomed to everything. That's what I'd do. But it's gonna be at least a week or so after release by the time I get ahold of my copy. I'm too poor..
GrungeRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #29
Extremer
Addicted Member

Extremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to all
My friend got it yesterday.
Old 04-24-2008   #30
Scotty

Scotty is on a distinguished roadScotty is on a distinguished roadScotty is on a distinguished road
If I got it earlier than the 29th, I'd be annoyed, as my PS3 hasn't been delivered yet.

PS3 was posted 2 days ago from Japan, IV will take like 10 days maximum to get here from the US after the 29th. I'm just going to go to EB Games and buy it, then take it back 7 days later for a refund, hopefully then, the US copy will have arrived. ^_^

Oh, and if I get homework on the day I get IV I'm gonna pretty pissed...
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote