Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2008   #1
MGS4474
Newbie Member

MGS4474 is an unknown quantity at this point
GTA IV: Microsoft and Rockstar tracking Gamertags before April 29

VG247's published an email sent out by Rockstar this evening that confirms that Microsoft will be helping the company track Gamertags of all people playing GTA IV between now and April 29.

PSN IDs will also be tracked.

http://www.n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=137958
MGS4474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #2
MGS4474
Newbie Member

Just thinking on that note guess the so called statment saying that they cant ship till monday out the window other wise they would not be doing this.
Old 04-22-2008   #3
dizzleman

dizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished road
what about those who get it on the 28th?

edit: silly me its a MIDNIGHT release nvm

BOOM!!
Thanks rellimjoe
dizzleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #4
cjsbarber

cjsbarber can only hope to improve
what if u just play it offline, or create a new profile to play it on
cjsbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #5
MGS4474
Newbie Member

My guess its ok but they dont want any useing online services before any one eals
Old 04-22-2008   #6
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Wow if this is true than it's pretty dumb. If someone manages to get the game early, WHO CARES, GOOD FOR THEM. I don't think they should be banned over it. If a copy of GTA IV magically appeared on my doorstep a few days early why should I get punished for it?
Old 04-22-2008   #7
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
Wow if this is true than it's pretty dumb. If someone manages to get the game early, WHO CARES, GOOD FOR THEM. I don't think they should be banned over it. If a copy of GTA IV magically appeared on my doorstep a few days early why should I get punished for it?
While I agree, I don't think that it's what they're going to be doing (I hope). I'm more inclined to think that they'll be looking to bust people who illegally got ahold of a copy early.

There is a strict street date with the game and Rockstar doesn't want the game spoiled for others which would including curtailing illegal activity.
Old 04-22-2008   #8
Stiler
Newbie Member

Stiler is an unknown quantity at this point
I do not see how on earth they can give a good reason to ban someone who LEGALLY pays money for buy the game and ends up getting it a day or two earlier because of the dumb store selling it to them ahead of time, how is that their fault or why should they be the one to blame?
Stiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #9
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I knew it, stiff capital punishment for a high class game.

You wouldn't see something like this on another game far under GTA's publicity.
Old 04-22-2008   #10
Ve3tro 021
VI ATG

Ve3tro 021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Got my email a few hours ago.

Ve3tro 021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #11
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
to the people saying its not fair if you buy it online and happen to get it early, how can they distinguish between people who aquired it illegally and people who didn't, and just ended up with it early?
Old 04-22-2008   #12
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
This is actually pretty normal for highly anticipated and big games. Halo of course did it. This is just to prevent leaked info from coming out before the street date.

Even if you do get a copy early, there's plenty of ways around this. Keep your console offline, change the date on the system to the 29th, etc.

What I'm wondering is who's getting the game early that Rockstar is allowing THEM to play online early?
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #13
Mark T
Gangsoflibertycity.com
Newbie Member

Mark T is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think Rockstar are going to take any action against anyone playing on Monday. I think these measures are in place to stop people taking the game between now and Sunday. I actually think it's a good thing. it stops major leaks, stops people revealing the the storyline and it brings everyone together at the same time for GTA orgy. Let's face it, if somebody gets the game in the next few days they could complete story mode and post all sorts of spoilers over the net before the majority have even picked there copy up.

Good work Rockstar.
Old 04-22-2008   #14
Stiler
Newbie Member

Stiler is an unknown quantity at this point
Umm, not good work, if they have a legit store bought copy it's their game then, they should have the right to fully play it, online if they want to (even if there's no one to play with, just to see the options, modes, etc).

It shouldn't be rockstar or ms's place to nanny people from seeing things early, it's the retailers fault, not the person playing.
Stiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #15
Mark T
Gangsoflibertycity.com
Newbie Member

Mark T is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
Umm, not good work, if they have a legit store bought copy it's their game then, they should have the right to fully play it, online if they want to (even if there's no one to play with, just to see the options, modes, etc).

It shouldn't be rockstar or ms's place to nanny people from seeing things early, it's the retailers fault, not the person playing.
BUt I'm sure Rockstar have told retailers that under no circumstances should this game be released. Of course they maybe a few people who get the game early under no fault of there own which is a shame. I just like the idea of everyone getting the game on the same day.