Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2008   #1
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Gameplayer says that Xbox 360 owners will be screwed when they play GTAIV

Microsoft facing GTAIV disaster

I've put 50 + hours in Lost Odyssey, and 50 + hours in Blue Dragon and have yet to have an rrod. I've probably put 200 hours into my 360 total.

I think this article is complete hyperbole. Yes RROD may be a problem, but I've never seen a "professional" site overreact this much.
Old 04-22-2008   #2
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
i was never really scared of the red ring of death but like i dont know i have bad luck and im so afraid that if i play it to much ill red ring my 360 b4 gta 4

i have had nothing wrong with my system as of yet have u ?
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #3
Raziel 665
Newbie Member

Raziel 665 is an unknown quantity at this point
I''ve got mine 360 for about 15 months and I've send it away for repairs once. No actual red ring, I just called them up and told them a lot more was wrong with it than was the case to get a new one. As I expected it wouldn't last much longer.
So, big deal, you lose your console for 2 weeks. Thats not that long.

On my new one I've got since November I've played 100 hours of Lost Odyssey, 50h Mass Effect, 20h Assassins Creed and WELL over 400 hours of Call of Duty 4. Safe to say my Xbox is on at least 4 hours a day. Still no problems to be seen at all.

Well, maybe one, my Xbox doesn't seem to know if its upright or flat, as the light showing which controllers are in use sometimes skips a quarter, and then jumps back sometime later.

Anyway, I doubt there will be a massive increase in RROD deaths...
Raziel 665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #4
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Wow. This article is completely stupid. A waste of bandwidth, and only uses GTA to get people to read it. This story has absolutely no merit on anything except to incite a console war. Mods please lock this thread as nothing good could EVER come from it.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #5
unFunGames
Newbie Member

unFunGames can only hope to improve
Theyre just looking for attention. I mean...who are they? Ive never heard of them.

They don't know what they're talking about, and I think MS should use legal muscle to get them in trouble.

GTA4 isn't any longer than any other game. People have played Rainbow 6 Vegas and Gears of War for 2 years every single day. Do these idiots realize that there is online gaming now and games aren't just single player? Even if so, Oblivion had 300 hours of things to do in it, and no one was complaining.

It's absolutely ridiculous to claim you'll get 3 red lights while trying to play GTA4. That's pretty much what they're doing, and if this is some sort of "reputable" publication chances are they're going to feel the swing of MS's lawhammer, and they rightfully should.

whoever wrote that will probably be fired within 48 hours.
unFunGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #6
dillinja

dillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished road
It's speculation, not libel, therefore Microsoft cant do anything about it legaly.
dillinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #7
JJagoff
Amateur Member

JJagoff is on a distinguished roadJJagoff is on a distinguished road
They're just trying to get a rise out of people, so people will go to forums and post links to it, complaining how outrageous it is.
________
Sichuan FAW Toyota Motor

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 07:00 PM..
JJagoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #8
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Yeah, quite an interesting read earlier on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unFunGames View Post
Theyre just looking for attention. I mean...who are they? Ive never heard of them.

They don't know what they're talking about, and I think MS should use legal muscle to get them in trouble.

GTA4 isn't any longer than any other game. People have played Rainbow 6 Vegas and Gears of War for 2 years every single day. Do these idiots realize that there is online gaming now and games aren't just single player? Even if so, Oblivion had 300 hours of things to do in it, and no one was complaining.

It's absolutely ridiculous to claim you'll get 3 red lights while trying to play GTA4. That's pretty much what they're doing, and if this is some sort of "reputable" publication chances are they're going to feel the swing of MS's lawhammer, and they rightfully should.

whoever wrote that will probably be fired within 48 hours.
Wtf, their speculating on a known fact, how can any legal case come out of it, it is possible with the amount of 360 people who wiil actually be playing GTA IV from release date, and possibly for quite a few hours each day that week.

Last edited by .:nemesis:.; 04-22-2008 at 01:47 AM..
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #9
SR-71
Newbie Member

SR-71 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfett21 View Post
Wow. This article is completely stupid. A waste of bandwidth, and only uses GTA to get people to read it. This story has absolutely no merit on anything except to incite a console war. Mods please lock this thread as nothing good could EVER come from it.

You sound like a cat on heat....

STFU!

I believe asking to lock sumone elses thread is a bannable offencce

Correct me if i'm wrong please!
SR-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #10
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
i think i got bill gates private xbox or something.

NEVER skipped a beat.

never overheated etc.

ive got like 140 hours on saints row
150 oblivion
20 assasins creed
18 mass effect

and a ton of hours on other games, + when i first for it (release week) i used to leave it on for DAYS when i was basicly downloading market place.

so yeah im VERY happy with mine
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #11
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
This is utter bull. Just a way of scaring people into selling up for the PS3. It doesn't matter what game you play or how long you play it for. The RROD can happen at any time; people have had consoles off all night, switched them on in the morning and *BAM* there it was.

Yeah people will play it endlessly but just simple ventilation and perhaps giving a rest every few hours will help prevent it.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #12
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
The title of this thread is a bit misleading, if you replace "Xbox 360 owners" with "Microsoft" and "they" with "Xbox 360 owners", then it works. The title of the article that's linked is even called "Microsoft facing GTAIV disaster".

It's really just saying lots of people will be playing GTA IV for extended periods of time which might cause a few extra cases of rrod than normal in a certain time frame. It just depends on how many "at risk" consoles are still out there as the newer ones shouldn't have so many issues anyway.

For anyone playing the game or thinking of buying, it doesn't affect anything, Microsoft is the only one who should be slightly concerned about this, not the gamers. There's no more chance of it happening now than any other time, it's just assuming that there will be more 360 usage worldwide next week than normal.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #13
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
yea well my RROD happened after not playing for a couple weeks so it doesnt only happen from constant playing
Old 04-22-2008   #14
pundit

pundit is on a distinguished roadpundit is on a distinguished road
if you ask me, this article is pure nonsense.
there will be a few more RRoD's, i'm sure
I hope my xbox, (+2 years old, works fine) doesn't give out.
If it does, it'll get repaired.
This is just pure speculation which creates some totally unnecessary unrest.
Biased article anyway.. not even worth a reply actually.
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #15
Kryptonicdream
Grand Marshal
Newbie Member

Kryptonicdream can only hope to improve
People need to calm down. This article if obviously trying to bank on people's emotions and excitement about GTA4.

If you have an older model xbox 360 then there's always a chance you're going to be on the receiving end of a "RROD" due to it's bad cooling system. I knew this because I had an older model and had the risk of this happening to me when I got GTA4. So I sold my older model Xbox 360 and bought the new model (65nm Falcon) which has way better cooling and fixes the RROD problem.

If you're unsure whether you have the old model or the new 65nm Falcon without RROD then follow instructions in this post:

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=552406

It will tell you what you need to look at to see which model you have. If you happen to be one of the unfortunate people who have an old model and haven't had RROD yet or don't have the money to buy a newer model, I'd suggest you keep this link bookmarked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avWs4-wD15w

This is a temporary fix for the RROD and will get you 4-5 days of play time each time used. I really wouldn't worry though. Chances are if your older model Xbox 360 has lasted this long without RROD you're probably in good shape. But it never hurts to be ready.
Kryptonicdream is offline   Reply With Quote