Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2008   #1
snappy

snappy is on a distinguished roadsnappy is on a distinguished road
OXM US version Hands on Multiplayer (Scans)

Dunno if its new to people but its new to me so I figured Id take the time to scan and post it.. Havent even read it yet, but looks like there is maybe 1 defiantly new screen shot on the last page.

Good little read to pass some time..

Well after reading the little context on the bottom of the pages..
One of them states that if you retry a mission the conversation might change between characters.. Now thats something I Like, always hated listening to the same conversation OVER OVER and OVER. Lol

Last edited by snappy; 04-19-2008 at 12:50 PM..
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #2
ArnoFR
Newbie Member

ArnoFR is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanx a lot ! Even if I 've already read some previews about it, I'm gonna read it anyway, Thx!
ArnoFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #3
Ænemy
Digital/Concept Artist

Ænemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enough
That's awesome. thanks for this. I'm gonna just scan through the words and wait for the exciting ones, haha.
Ænemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #4
bloodflow82

bloodflow82 is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the post
Old 04-19-2008   #5
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
OXM US - Hands On Summary

The mag contains new screens and never before seen artwork (I think) including Roman's girl Mallorie.

-The magazine states that eventhough Rockstar isn't ready to announce the soundtrack listing they state "we can confirm that the radio stations will return with lots of licensed music".

-Senior Dev, Jeronimo Barrera states that it took testers two weeks to get through the single player experience by playing 4 hours a day. That's 56 hours for you math whiz kids.

-The 6+ month delay because Rockstar wanted to perfect the gameplay and also make an amazing multiplayer experience which included working out Networking Code to ensure that the game would run smoothly.

-"Nothing would make the industry happier than to see us fail at this", Says Barrera, "and we're not going to let that happen".

-The Rockstar Devs are just as excited about developing the games as they are to see people enjoy them. The magazine calls them "Proud Papas".

-Reaffirms what prior reports have said. The host selects all the options from friendly fire, what weapons, soundtrack, etc. but also says that you can choose the option for only your team to hear you communicate or your enemies can also hear what you are saying.

-You can go 8-on-8 or you can just have a 1-on-1 deathmatch in the Liberty City streets.

-"Jamaican Heat" is a mission in the single player where you meet Little Jacob and you have to cover him, similar to Guardian Angels in Vice City. Hold the left trigger to lock-on to a target, then flick between enemies with the right analog stick.

-While locked on, you can still push the stick up for headshots or take out your enemies at the knees. Free Aim is activated by squeezing the left trigger halfway.

-Little Jacob's follow up mission "Concrete Jungle", introduced the cover system, which felt easy and intutively mapped to the right bumper (RB). Tapping the button a second time will 'unstick' you from the wall, but the left analog stick does the same thing.

-In "Concrete Jungle" they 'blasted through the doorways, braced against the outside wall, smashed the front window, and blind-fired through the shattered glass'.

-Simply press up on the D-Pad to access the phone which prompts you to retry the latest mission if you fail. You can decline and return to crusing the Liberty Streets if you so choose.

-The last mode that they played was Free Roam and they decide to do the class GTA concept of piling up as many cars as possible and blowing them up with a Rocket Launcher.

-It is possible to skip a Rocket off of the pavement if you angle it correctly.

-'Rockstar won't reveal other multiplayer modes yet; like the bulk of the single-player story, Barrera says that they want to keep some surprises for players to find on their own.

Last edited by bennifer3000; 04-19-2008 at 01:30 PM..
bennifer3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #6
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
awesome summary

I think i saw the Banshee on pg 55 (the night shot)
or it might be a stinger
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #7
David Banner

David Banner is an unknown quantity at this point
thank you something to kill the time with
Old 04-19-2008   #8
Jomolungma
Amateur Member

Jomolungma is on a distinguished roadJomolungma is on a distinguished roadJomolungma is on a distinguished road
Good post I guess, but if I had known this was news I would've posted about it earlier - like almost two weeks ago when the magazine actually arrived in my mailbox. I've been riding the high of this MP preview for the last 14 days. It's pretty awesome.
Jomolungma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #9
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
I've wondered if Teams have to be even, or can you have one team outnumber another, like if the smaller team is made up of better players, or starts with better equipment etc.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #10
dillinja

dillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
you can choose the option for only your team to hear you communicate or your enemies can also hear what you are saying.
it also says that you can set it so you only hear people in close proximity. which cld make freeroam pretty realistic, especialy if they allow u to phone each other
dillinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #11
Sethos88

Sethos88 is on a distinguished roadSethos88 is on a distinguished roadSethos88 is on a distinguished road
Am i the only one who giggles like a school girl when i see scans
Sethos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #12
Krayzie13
Newbie Member

Krayzie13 is on a distinguished roadKrayzie13 is on a distinguished road
thank you this is making me more excited
Krayzie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #13
MrXakaRebel
Mr.X aka The Rebel

MrXakaRebel is on a distinguished roadMrXakaRebel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I've wondered if Teams have to be even, or can you have one team outnumber another, like if the smaller team is made up of better players, or starts with better equipment etc.
not only do the teams not have to be even you can have up to 8 different teams... i think thats bangin, more games should have that option

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillinja View Post
it also says that you can set it so you only hear people in close proximity. which cld make freeroam pretty realistic, especialy if they allow u to phone each other
they've confirmed that we can call each other on phones in MP as well, im also looking forward to playing with the proximity setting turned on , shits gonna be so much fun
MrXakaRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #14
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethos88 View Post
Am i the only one who giggles like a school girl when i see scans
No, but what gets me is reviews. I'm not going to be able to take it once the IGN review comes out.
Old 04-19-2008   #15
David Banner

David Banner is an unknown quantity at this point
wanting the game more damn it