Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2008   #1
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
does the x360 version have the option to install?

gta4 ps3 mandatory install doesn't bug me, in fact I'm jealous. It's five minutes. If it was just me, I'd go take a piss or take a dump to get rid of body fluids before I do a 12 hour game session.

I want to install my GTA4 360. But still there's no confirmation. I don't care if a game has mandatory install if it's something I'll be playing for hundreds of hours, and that's a given with GTAIV. I want the best experience possible.
Old 04-18-2008   #2
DJ Nick
Hellloooo

DJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I believe it does give you the option, which would be a good choice to make! ;D
Old 04-18-2008   #3
Piggus

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
I like how MS was totally bashing it earlier. It's five minutes... I mean come on.

Also nice job on the official thread at NeoGaf, Himuro. I'm still waiting for my account to be approved.
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #4
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
It's five minutes that players of the superior version of the game don't have to waste.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #5
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
but I WANT to waste that time for the definitive GTAIV!
Old 04-18-2008   #6
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
I don't care if it's 10 or even 15 minutes. All worth it for a seamless gaming experience with no load times.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #7
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It's five minutes that players of the superior version of the game don't have to waste.
now who would expect a Staff member to be the one starting a Console War?
Old 04-18-2008   #8
Sethos88

Sethos88 is on a distinguished roadSethos88 is on a distinguished roadSethos88 is on a distinguished road
If I'm getting the option to install on the Xbox 360, I'm definitely doing it.

I'd rather wait a bit more to ( Hopefully ) get some faster loading times, anything helps.

I also need to start using my 120GB HDD on the Elite, not much use for it anyway.
Sethos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #9
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
now who would expect a Staff member to be the one starting a Console War?
I'm not starting a war, but the verdict seems clear from everyone who has played the game so far. If you get the Xbox 360 version, you get to play using a superior pad, you get exclusive downloadable content, you get access to an online service which has many millions more members, you get a pad that rumbles (without paying $55 for it) and you get a game that doesn't require installation.

If you get the PS3 version, well, you get a nicer box.
Old 04-18-2008   #10
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
you get to read GTA trivia while doing it, so yeah im happy to do that!
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #11
RAWRferal
The Real McCoy
Amateur Member

RAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished road
The data installing on the PS3 is to compensate for the slightly lower data-streaming rates of Blu-ray.

Both versions will probably turn out with similar load times.

R* Social Club Member #10048
RAWRferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #12
Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWRferal View Post
The data installing on the PS3 is to compensate for the slightly lower data-streaming rates of Blu-ray.
Ah, but soon there will come a time when users of the 40GB model simply can't fit any more games onto their console and have to start uninstalling things when they get a new game.
Old 04-18-2008   #13
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Ah, but soon there will come a time when users of the 40GB model simply can't fit any more games onto their console and have to start uninstalling things when they get a new game.
Isn't that the same for the 360? Isn't that the same for PC? What the fuck are you trying to get at Neil? Stop trying to provoke a console war.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #14
RAWRferal
The Real McCoy
Amateur Member

RAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Precisely what I was thinking, a huge oversight on Sony's part if you ask me.

EDIT:
Quote:
Isn't that the same for the 360? Isn't that the same for PC? What the fuck are you trying to get at Neil? Stop trying to provoke a console war.
Not at all, PC users nowdays have 200GB ++ Hard drives, and the 360 doesn't require any XXGB installs - their hard drives are used for game saves and DLC.

R* Social Club Member #10048

Last edited by RAWRferal; 04-18-2008 at 05:03 PM..
RAWRferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #15
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
or get a bigger HDD, the PS3 just has a Laptop HDD which slots in the side