Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2008   #16
indigo_cyclops
INDIGO
Newbie Member

indigo_cyclops is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to say, but yours is a complete rip-off of the GTA III HUD no offense. I think the new HUD is refreshing and perfect for a game rooted in realism as Rockstar claims this is. It's really nice to see something new and different than the other ones with just too much info.

indigo_cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #17
Roxstein
HK343

Roxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant future
Oh, you're that whiny fellow from GTAF then, huh?

I don't think anything needed changing in the HUD and that "loud mouth" was perfectly correct in saying what he did say. Fucking whiny people don't get anything done because the HUD is still going to look the way it does regardless of how much you bitch about it.

Besides, yours just looks like the original HUD minus the health bars and why would they re-use the same setup for the new game, especially when it's supposed to be minimal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rph105
Looks to me like a fan mockup, cant believe rockstar put that out looking like that, it looks photoshopped on or something

it was never in the way, its in the top right corner for christ sake, it will never get in way, rockstar are just making excuses, seriously i could have designed a better hud
Sigh.

Last edited by Roxstein; 04-15-2008 at 11:49 PM..
Roxstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #18
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see what all the fuss is about. It is only the HUD and it does its job.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #19
bonesmccoy
Sabotage

bonesmccoy is an unknown quantity at this point
The fan made hud looks completely out of place. That style fit in well with the III series' cartoonish approach, but this time 'round Rock$tar is going for a completely different experience.
bonesmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #20
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
what im getting at is the GTA IV one (for the weapons and starts) has no structure. its just floating up there looking avarage as fuck.
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #21
JJagoff
Amateur Member

JJagoff is on a distinguished roadJJagoff is on a distinguished road
I agree that the weapon section, looks a little misplaced, when all the other parts are so streamlined. Luckily we won't have to look at it all the time - just when we're changing guns.
________
1/X

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 06:54 PM..
JJagoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #22
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
yeh i prefer yours mate but the hud aint gonna make a massive impact on the game
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #23
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakenz View Post
its BETTER than the new version i think its ugly and has downs syndrome
imho, you should be the leader of stand up comedy for retards.

And I think the HUD looks fine.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #24
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
come on guys it is only The HUD
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #25
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

TheJordanJames is on a distinguished roadTheJordanJames is on a distinguished road
At first i was like everybody else and didn't like the HUD, but its growing on me with these new pics.

I could be too judgey and say i don't really like the gun pictures.. considering from GTA3/Vice/San Andreas you have had the nice pictures of the actual guns.

Now they are like photoshop models.

But still, it's nice, simple, and when your playing the game you wont notice it as much unless your on a 13" tv.

The Map/Health/Armour looks better though, cant knock that.

And i imagine you view your money at an ATM? or it shows you when you need it.. We shall see.
TheJordanJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #26
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I believe we don't need to recall HUDs from previous GTAs, new one looks just fine, taking up least space unlike before.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #27
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
it will take up less space because Rockstar wants us to enjoy the detail in the city. So the HUD is not the thing we have to notice this time around
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote