Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2008   #1
DanWer

Stunting in GTAIV

PS. I don't post here much.

lolo

Um, well basically, who's gonna be doing quite a bit of stunting on GTA IV?

I figured with the new physics and whatnot that stunting will be a lot more fun than previous games. Even though stunting is much more fun on the PC, it's still fun to stunt on consoles, too. I expect RB and all the oldschool stunters to be showing off their shit, webcam, videorecorder, i dont care. ;p

I know I will be for awhile after I do the missions : )
Old 04-15-2008   #2
Riffmaster Jon
Backstabber

Riffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished road
I already have a playlist on my 360 ready to listen to while I'm doing stunts lol.
Old 04-15-2008   #3
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
negative. I think it will be harder now.
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #4
DanWer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA View Post
negative. I think it will be harder now.
Explain yourself, why do you think it will be harder now?
Old 04-15-2008   #5
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Pablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if stunting will be easier or better. But I do know it's gonna be so much fun with the physics.

I mean, I can enjoy myself with with skate. by just bailing all the time.

Hot Buttered Soul
Pablo Escobar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #6
DanWer

Well, I'd imagine it SHOULD be better, I mean with physics doing spins and whatnot should be a lot more cool.
Old 04-15-2008   #7
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I'm really looking forward to see what the stunt kings can whip up now that Euphoria is in the picture. Should be some fantastic stuff and will bring a fresh challenge to those who got bored of the last games physics.
Old 04-15-2008   #8
snappy

snappy is on a distinguished roadsnappy is on a distinguished road
Just being able to actually land a back flip on a motorcycle now, has me excited..

I remember trying so hard to land one in VC..
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #9
phlipp
Mmmm, Onions

phlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished road
yeah same here...they always did like this retarded side flip...
phlipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I sure hope stunting will still "work" in GTA IV. I don't want it to be like GTA clones where for one, you can only wheelie a certain height then it sort of locks in that position, then no matter what kind of angle you hit a wall or something at, you're screwed. I hope more the physics of Niko on the bike or in a car, plus the way vehicles react while simply driving will be realistic, but... I don't even know what wtf I'm saying I just want realistic physics and stuff, but still want to stunt properly.
Old 04-15-2008   #11
Misturbate
Is this custom?

Misturbate is on a distinguished roadMisturbate is on a distinguished roadMisturbate is on a distinguished roadMisturbate is on a distinguished roadMisturbate is on a distinguished road
Bumping into curbs and fly up a 5 stories building, or grinding on 1 half inch thick fences on a motorcycle. These probably won't be in anymore, hopefully.
Misturbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #12
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
The realism of the game and Euphoria are going to change stunting. I didn't stunt much, but I remember being able to pull of crazy retarded stunts, but I don't think that will be as easy in this.

It'll definitely take on a new level of creativity.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #13
Matt_310
PSN = Matt_310

Matt_310 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im gona be doing some mega backflips on the bikes.
Matt_310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #14
Officer McFarlagne
Amateur Member

Officer McFarlagne is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't wait to do some stunts

That was one of the funnest parts about GTA. Nothing funner than grinding rails on a motorcycle... but I never got real good at it. Then again, I was usually busting criminals.

On a side note, I finally remembered my account name for this site! I haven't been here in over two years, and I've been thinking for the past two days about just what my account name really was lol. Finally occured to me tonight. Yay!

I can't wait to start busting some heads as a cop online

::EDIT:: And I've GOT to update my sig. That was made back when I knew nothing about photoshop lol.... ewww
Old 04-16-2008   #15
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Well, in San Andreas the stunting got way worse than in vice city. And seeing as the physics were meant to be more realistic (or less unrealistic), then im not expecting GTAIV to be any better, im expecting worse for stunting. Of course, stunting could be great, that is just what im feeling
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote