Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2008   #1
Ve3tro 021
VI ATG

Ve3tro 021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up UK guide shown and Rockstar Social Club goes up!

Official strategy guide expert, BradyGames today announces it has been working exclusively with Rockstar Games on the Grand Theft Auto IV Official Strategy Guide – the ultimate accessory to the year’s most highly anticipated game. Published by Dorling Kindersley, for PAL regions, the guide, which is the only choice for gamers looking to discover everything Liberty City has to offer, will be released the same day as the game on 29th April 2008, with an RRP of £12.99.

Like Liberty City itself, BradyGames’ Grand Theft Auto IV Official Guide is vast, weighing-in at 288 pages + 10-page foldout and has been written by two of the videogames industry’s most highly respected guide authors, Tim Bogenn and Rick Barbain, in direct collaboration with Rockstar Games for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Everything from game basics, tips and weapons to vehicle missions, new multiplayer options, secrets and a full walkthrough are covered in lush detail, providing gamers with the only word on the Liberty City streets they’ll ever need to extort the most out of Grand Theft Auto IV.

Today also sees the launch of Rockstar Social Club an online leaderboard and community hub where GTA players will be able to measure their gameplay against their peers and compare various awards. Rockstar will be giving away very limited supplies of awards to players who achieve certain milestones first. The Official Guide is the only place you’ll find a complete list of how to attain all of the game’s Achievement Points and the associated bragging rights that go with knowing you’ve completed some of the game’s most gruelling tests before anyone else.

Beautifully crafted and illustrated, readers of this, the official companion guide to the world’s most anticipated game, can benefit from the hundreds of hours of play both authors have invested in covering every square foot of gameplay; no stone, cardboard box or back street ‘trash can’ has been left unturned to guarantee players get the utmost from a game featuring an unprecedented number of stories to tell, opportunities to take advantage of, secrets to discover, and rewards to stockpile.

Gary June, CEO, Dorling Kindersley, said: “The Grand Theft Auto series is a phenomenon and enjoys a following unlike any other game series. It’s perhaps unsurprising, then, that anticipation for Grand Theft Auto IV has been gathering apace for a long, long time. It’s easily the most anticipated game of 2008 and we are delighted to be working once again with Rockstar Games on the official guide.”

Ve3tro 021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #2
Matt_310
PSN = Matt_310

Matt_310 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have also pre-ordered that along with my SE
Matt_310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #3
pacCinHECKLER&K

Great find! I was wondering when we'd hear something about this. although i wont be purchasing to prevent storyline spoilers, i would love to read about the different gangs and hundreds of features we have yet to learn about.
Old 04-15-2008   #4
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
that is amazing info dude well done i will be getting the guide for GTA IV. 288 pages plus 10 page fold-out whoa
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #5
RAWRferal
The Real McCoy
Amateur Member

RAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished roadRAWRferal is on a distinguished road
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the social club registration get put back to Thursday now?

R* Social Club Member #10048
RAWRferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #6
Ve3tro 021
VI ATG

Ve3tro 021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWRferal View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the social club registration get put back to Thursday now?
Just checked it, says online on 17th so yeah 2 days way.

Ve3tro 021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #7
PulpzillA
Amateur Member

PulpzillA is an unknown quantity at this point
to be honest i dont think these game guides are worth the money. but thats just my opinion i dont like spoiling the game with knowing whats going to happen next. if im stuck i will keep playing it till i complete it. GTA is just that type of game that u will want to keep playing again and again till u crack it.
PulpzillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #8
zeppelin
If This Is Hell, Well Then I'm Lucky

zeppelin is on a distinguished roadzeppelin is on a distinguished road
Yeah the only thing I would use the guide for would be to find all the hidden packages, as there will be a ton!
Old 04-15-2008   #9
PulpzillA
Amateur Member

PulpzillA is an unknown quantity at this point
but thats what youtube is for there will be loads of vids showing where the packages are after the game has been released for a few weeks. plus countless of other free guides on the internet IGN always do good ones.
PulpzillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #10
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got mine at amazon for 13 bucks it went down from 20 so, i that it was a pretty good deal.
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #11
McReynolds

McReynolds is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll be getting one too, but not for the missions, only the secret things like hidden packages.
McReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #12
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I'm pretty sure i'll be getting this. Just need to hurry up and pay off GTA IV (PS3) first!
Old 04-15-2008   #13
dizzleman

dizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished road
ohhh man i need to reseve my copy of this massive guide aswell

BOOM!!
Thanks rellimjoe
dizzleman is offline   Reply With Quote