Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2008   #16
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
I'm quite sure a store open 24 hours will launch such a big game at midnight, you needn't worry. As for myself, preordered mine at Circuit City, just hope they'll let me pick it up around 6 or 7 PM on the 28th.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #17
pacCinHECKLER&K

Thats how my local gamestop will do on the 28th. I called about 2 or 3 weeks ago and they specifically stated(well the dude i spoke to anyway) that they will be releasing games to only the people who pre ordered, and to my knowledge only to people who have fully paid for the game. The next day will be the people who have pre ordered and still have money to pay, plus the people who havent pre orderd at all and are hoping to get a game before they are all sold out.
Old 04-14-2008   #18
m_richy66
I hate censorship!

m_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enough
The Gamesmen store near me is selling it on midnight

I paid this game off on the 18/07/2007

lol
Old 04-15-2008   #19
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacCinHECKLER&K View Post
Thats how my local gamestop will do on the 28th. I called about 2 or 3 weeks ago and they specifically stated(well the dude i spoke to anyway) that they will be releasing games to only the people who pre ordered, and to my knowledge only to people who have fully paid for the game. The next day will be the people who have pre ordered and still have money to pay, plus the people who havent pre orderd at all and are hoping to get a game before they are all sold out.
Really? Does it work this way with all midnight releases?
Old 04-15-2008   #20
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I ordered mine and payed everything off. Does that mean I can get it on the 28th at Gamestop. It would be cool.
Old 04-15-2008   #21
WarrENDEatH
I Got Gangsta In My Blood
Newbie Member

WarrENDEatH is an unknown quantity at this point
Seeing how this game is gonne be a wide release, I think it is pointless to go in and wait at midnight. I dunno, I still might do it for the representation of probably the best game ever.
Old 04-15-2008   #22
pacCinHECKLER&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro View Post
Really? Does it work this way with all midnight releases?

Thats how ive known it to go mostly throughout the county where im from, ive tested it at 3 different Gamestops all within 15 to 25 miles away from each other and if you paid it off you get it a day early and yea i did pay mines off july 10th 07', lovely situation to be in

Last edited by pacCinHECKLER&K; 04-15-2008 at 02:42 AM..
Old 04-15-2008   #23
RauLxDukE
Newbie Member

RauLxDukE is an unknown quantity at this point
if anyone else can get their gamestop to do this. let me know how you did it?
Old 04-15-2008   #24
m_richy66
I hate censorship!

m_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enough
I will be leaving my house at about 11pm and I should be there around 11:20pm.

If im right I think you have to show up at like 11:30pm or somthing because they keep the doors locked but Im really not sure. This will be my first midnight launch for anything.

Old 04-15-2008   #25
blood

blood is an unknown quantity at this point
i will be outside my local gamestop at 5pm on 4/28/08
blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #26
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_richy66 View Post
I will be leaving my house at about 11pm and I should be there around 11:20pm.

If im right I think you have to show up at like 11:30pm or somthing because they keep the doors locked but Im really not sure. This will be my first midnight launch for anything.

Do you live in a big town? The guy at the GameStop mine is pre-ordered at actually recommended I get there before 9pm because of how many people showed up for Halo 3.
Old 04-15-2008   #27
jay gully80

jay gully80 is on a distinguished roadjay gully80 is on a distinguished road
i just called a gamestop in houston. they said they will not sell any games before midnight. they also said it didn't matter if i had paid it all off or not. first come, first serve, at least for pre orders. BUT it was just one person, and a chick. she might not know for certain. either way, i'm gonna pay mine off early just in case.
jay gully80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #28
m_richy66
I hate censorship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombienm View Post
Do you live in a big town? The guy at the GameStop mine is pre-ordered at actually recommended I get there before 9pm because of how many people showed up for Halo 3.
Well come to think of it Penrith is a big place. Heck I will just call them up and find out the full info
Old 04-15-2008   #29
Nizam786
ARSENAL TIL I DIE!
Amateur Member

Nizam786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzlow View Post
what about those getting it before midnight?

Actually, days before.
i mite

im getting mine delivered and for GAME to succefully make sure that everyone gets it at least on the 29th they'll have to send it on the friday or saturday before giving me a good chance of getting it on the Monday teh 28th April w00t!

COM'ON CHELSEA ! LONDON'S ONLY HOPE OF GETTING THE TITLE BACK!

I H8 GLORY HUNTERS!

Nizam786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #30
RockForLight

RockForLight is on a distinguished roadRockForLight is on a distinguished road
it all really depends on the store and most of all the clerk selling it to you. i remember for SA , i put $5 down 2 weeks before , went that mon. (the night before) at around 7 and paid it off and got a copy.

hell, the day when the 360 launched (like a dumbass, i was waiting in line that morning around 8am) i went to best buy only for them to sell out as soon as the first 20 people went in... so i went to Gamestop and suprisingly not alot of people were there and got a 360 the day it launched without a pre-order.

it all depends on the clerks...