Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2008   #1
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
For those of you getting GTAIV at midnight

Is it true Wal Mart is selling the Limited Edition? Also, does Wal Mart sell the game at midnight? Someone told me they did and I don't know what to believe.
Old 04-14-2008   #2
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro View Post
Is it true Wal Mart is selling the Limited Edition? Also, does Wal Mart sell the game at midnight? Someone told me they did and I don't know what to believe.
Not sure but they sold halo3 at the midnight launch.
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #3
pacCinHECKLER&K

I suspect only a certain few would be doing this throughout each town/city, i guess its jus a matter of finding which one. You might wanna pick up your white/yellow pages or call your 411 directory and ask for numbers of all the walmarts that are in your city and neighboring cities that are close.
Old 04-14-2008   #4
RauLxDukE
Newbie Member

RauLxDukE is an unknown quantity at this point
i was got madden there at midnight...so it just depends on the store i guess..i would think if u want the SE u gotta go to GAmestop
Old 04-14-2008   #5
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I'm asking because Wal Mart means no lines.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #6
gtaivplayer35
Newbie Member

gtaivplayer35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gamestop is having a midnight launch.
gtaivplayer35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #7
Cpt_Chris
Amateur Member

Cpt_Chris is on a distinguished roadCpt_Chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaivplayer35 View Post
Gamestop is having a midnight launch.
yup and i got a 8am final the next day....

Im telling myself to pick it up on the way home after my exam, but being the hardcore gta fan that I am we all know I will be in line at midnight saying hurry up hurry up stupid i gtg home
Cpt_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #8
pacCinHECKLER&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro View Post
I'm asking because Wal Mart means no lines.

Ahh..i see, thats a HUGE factor, at least for me it is. But if you know your town well you should be able to think and strategicly pinpoint every walmart that no one goes to for gaming purposes, like one all old people go to thats usually empty on a games release day. In the greater Los Angeles County were i live there are thousands of lowkey places.
Old 04-14-2008   #9
TheNeXt6
Newbie Member

TheNeXt6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Usually Wal-Mart is open 24/7, so you could probably pick it up later after midnight if you wanted to.
TheNeXt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #10
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
wal-mart blows
j_harvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #11
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
oh fuck yeah, wal-mart. I forgot all about wal-mart. I've got a 24/7 one open around here. I don't think they get GTA IV the first week though ?
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #12
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
I got my Wii and Guitar Hero III at midnight from them when they were released. For GTAIV though, I'm going to GameStop, but I'm sure Wal-Mart will have it.
Old 04-14-2008   #13
Playboy X
GTAIV - 4/29

Playboy X is on a distinguished roadPlayboy X is on a distinguished roadPlayboy X is on a distinguished road
I've never had a problem picking up a game after midnight at Wal-Mart and I live in a very small town. I got the other GTAs this way as well as many other games. They get stock in on Tuesdays and that's when GTA comes out, but I'm not certain about all Wal-Marts.
Old 04-14-2008   #14
indigo_cyclops
INDIGO
Newbie Member

indigo_cyclops is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope my Gamestop gets enough so I get my copy, pre-order and all. I seem to be worrying about that lately. This game seems to be such a massive launch unlike any other game, really. I just don't want to show up and wait around all night for midnight to roll around and come to find out they only received enough for 100 people or some lame shit.

indigo_cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #15
Mazzlow
DUE TO AIDS

Mazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of lightMazzlow is a glorious beacon of light
what about those getting it before midnight?

Actually, days before.
Mazzlow is offline   Reply With Quote