Old 04-19-2008   #1
GTAKINGBEN
Newbie Member

GTAKINGBEN is an unknown quantity at this point
NEWBIE QUESTIONS

Hello! I am not 100% sure these have been asked so I apologise in advance! I am extemely excited about the forthcoming GTA4 (I've pre-ordered it on both 360 and PS3) and the game looks incredible and so diverse but I have a few rather strange questions about it which I hope some of you may shed some light on for me?. Ok, here we go:

1: I noticed in some screenshots that garbage cans and bags litter the streets of Liberty City - if Niko or a Ped/Vehicle go into them, do they move? split or crash all over the street (if hit at high speed by a car obviously?) or are they like in previous GTA games, stop the car in its tracks?

2: I've seen pedestrians with saxophones - if you beat this person up can you use said instrument as a weapon? lol.

3: What kind of physicality does Niko have apart from running and jumping? can he climb walls, fire escapes, etc? I would love to be getting chased on foot down an alley by a cop and then jumping up onto a ladder and hoisting myself up to the rooftop but I doubt I can in GTA4

4: Someone told me that if you speed through a street when cars are at a stoplight, it causes a star to come up? GTA4 can't be THAT realistic surely?

Thanks for your time in answering - I will think of a few more
GTAKINGBEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #2
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
1. One video I remember seeing a vehicle hit a bin causing particles to fly everywhere.
2. That hasn't been said to happen yet.
3. Yes. Fire escapes, telegraph poles, walls, ladders... Pretty much everything.
4. Cops AI is extremely advanced, I'm guessing they haven't missed running red lights etc. Haven't been left out to the felony list.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #3
GTAKINGBEN
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
1. One video I remember seeing a vehicle hit a bin causing particles to fly everywhere.
2. That hasn't been said to happen yet.
3. Yes. Fire escapes, telegraph poles, walls, ladders... Pretty much everything.
4. Cops AI is extremely advanced, I'm guessing they haven't missed running red lights etc. Haven't been left out to the felony list.
Awesome!

A few more:

Can Niko or in multiplayer carry 2 weapons at a time as in SA?

Can Niko grab a character and throw them from a ledge or through a window within an interior? I've always loved to do that in a GTA game.

Is Liberty City open completely from the beginning?
Old 04-19-2008   #4
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
iKlipse pretty much has it covered, if you want to see paper going everywhere check 24 seconds into the fourth trailer "Everyone's a rat".
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #5
Yoonskii
Genovese Family
Newbie Member

Yoonskii is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAKINGBEN View Post
Awesome!

A few more:

Can Niko grab a character and throw them from a ledge or through a window within an interior? I've always loved to do that in a GTA game.

Is Liberty City open completely from the beginning?
1. Most likely, I doubt the game would only let you have one weapon at one time.
2. It said in a preview that the melee system was revamped with blocks, grabs and two types of attack so I guess you could grab someone or throw them through a window.
3. No, I think it said the other islands were closed because of a terrorist threat. Also, one of the Xbox achievements is to unlock all the islands so.
Old 04-19-2008   #6
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
No, cops will not pull you over or get 1 star for minor traffic infractions. This has been confirmed before by Magazine Previews and more recently Lazlow.
Old 04-19-2008   #7
GTAKINGBEN
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
No, cops will not pull you over or get 1 star for minor traffic infractions. This has been confirmed before by Magazine Previews and more recently Lazlow.
That's good then because I think that is too much realism.
Old 04-19-2008   #8
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAKINGBEN View Post

I haven't seen yet any screens of dual wielding, but why not have it in-game!

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote