Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2008   #1
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
Who Cheats, and Who Doesn't?

Im just curious here, do you use cheats at all before you beat the game, or do u do everything without cheating?

I've personally never made it through a GTA game without cheating, whether its health, weapons, or vehicles, but this time i might just wait until i beat it..

Last edited by killahmatic; 04-13-2008 at 08:44 AM..
killahmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #2
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I only cheat to mess around, and recently just to get through the story quicker on SA, done it normally on the PS2, then got the Xbox version, then upgraded to th e360, so I just cheated on the last two :/
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Storyline, nope, not since my first run through on the San Andreas story. Now I use them strictly to mess around with.
Old 04-13-2008   #4
harper
TJUK Gaming
Amateur Member

harper is an unknown quantity at this point
only when going on random crazed rampages, i dont cheat when it comes to the story tho
harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #5
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
i dont think i've ever used cheats before i have completed the last mission, atleast not to help with a mission anyway.

i prefer the sence of acheivement and pride
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #6
Th3 Cmz
Th3 Cmz

Th3 Cmz is infamous around these partsTh3 Cmz is infamous around these parts
i cheat during the story line too :/
Th3 Cmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #7
walter
An offer you can't refuse

walter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enough
I use weapon cheats and the armor + health cheat before a mission only because I'm too lazy to go to a gun store.

I use the health cheat when I am absolutely about to die or if the hunger starts to affect my health. I use it if I have a rare/nice car that is about to explode, too.

When I get IV, I probably won't use cheats until I absolutely need them.

Last edited by walter; 04-13-2008 at 09:47 AM..
walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #8
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
I use cheats on a seperate save to mess around
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #9
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
I think the only non-messing around use of cheats I've done was for the final mission in GTA3. Needed a tank to get through that bit the first time.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #10
Nizam786
ARSENAL TIL I DIE!
Amateur Member

Nizam786 is an unknown quantity at this point
only use cheat to mess about in a seperate game file

never during story line or im my main game
Nizam786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #11
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
separate files cheat on one and no cheats on the other
j_harvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #12
thestone
Newbie Member

thestone is an unknown quantity at this point
After GTA III, I stopped cheating. The explanation is that I was only 11, when I got GTA III... Since then, I've had a cheat-free principple, I like challenge in games and GTA games are quite easy anyway, so I don't see a point... Though I often use cheats for fun and messing around, while not using the save function (I like my saves clean )
thestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #13
JJagoff
Amateur Member

JJagoff is on a distinguished roadJJagoff is on a distinguished road
I don't use cheats before I've beaten the game and start to run out of entertainment. I only use the funny cheats, like cars driving on water, jet fighters, and such. Never health/armor/weapons.

I also don't load when I die. I want my whole playtime in the game, so the stats stay correct.
________
Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 06:51 PM..
JJagoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #14
Benji414
Newbie Member

Benji414 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not on storyline but I must admit it's fun to input the weapon cheat and own the other mafias/ gangs talkin smack.
Benji414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #15
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Used to cheat during the storyline when I first started playing GTA. Then I wanted to try doing it without cheats, much more fun than using cheats imo. I only use cheats when playing 2-Player with my friends or after the storyline, although I don't save the game when I turn it off.
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote