Old 11-05-2008   #1
willy1094
Newbie Member

willy1094 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm getting killed way easy

I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if you are an easier target if you are low ranked. I'm new and when I play online I've noticed that other players are having an easy time killing me. I can even start shooting them first (I aim for the head) with a full auto or any other weapon and they kill me with little to no trouble. Even if my aiming is not good (I think I'm pretty good at keeping the target at the head) I would think I would get "lucky" from time to time but it don't happen. I have to snipe someone or blow them up to even have a chance it seems.

thanks for the advice
willy1094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #2
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Auto-aim most be on then. And it kills you quicker if not then the players you are up against are higher ranked and are alot better at this.
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #3
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Try pressing R3 (or the alternative to that if you are on the 360). It makes your aim more accurate by zooming in.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #4
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
when it first came out i found it ridiculously easy to kill people then i didnt play online for a long time but when i came back to it a couple months ago i was gettin destroyed in the same way that willy says
but i noticed that it happened the worst when auto aim was on..
and auto-aim is junk anyways cause even if they can't see u they can know ur there if they auto-aim
so the whole ducking so they can't see ur name and dot is useless
Old 11-05-2008   #5
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
I had a bit of a problem with that a while ago when I was playing IV online, I never knew you could press R3 while aiming, so i'm gonna give that a go now.
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #6
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Willy. It'll just take practice. 9/10 games you get into are going to have auto-aim off.

With any automatic weapon, don't just hold fire. Try shooting in short bursts or single shots. And of course, aim for the head.

Crouch. Click the right stick to zoom. Take cover whenever you can.

TIP: While aiming, moving in a direction and pressing jump will make you roll out of the way. Good when cars are flying at you.
Old 11-06-2008   #7
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
when it first came out i found it ridiculously easy to kill people then i didnt play online for a long time but when i came back to it a couple months ago i was gettin destroyed in the same way that willy says
but i noticed that it happened the worst when auto aim was on..
and auto-aim is junk anyways cause even if they can't see u they can know ur there if they auto-aim
so the whole ducking so they can't see ur name and dot is useless
It is not useless, crouching makes your aim more precise, meaning more hits, etc. Also, zooming in allows you to aim at the head.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #8
sydburn
The Sycho guy

sydburn is an unknown quantity at this point
yea i hate auto-aim someone can shoot threw a bush and not know ur there but just know your there cause of the auto-aim
Old 11-06-2008   #9
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I like to think I'm a decent GTA Player, but when I'm in a match with Auto-Aim on, it just sucks, I get killed way too easy fom distances and angles that don't make sense, when Auto-Aim is off however I'm usually in the Top 3
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #10
GtaIVAddict
Banned
Banned

GtaIVAddict can only hope to improve
Same with me i start shooting in short bursts before they start shooting at me and aiming at the head, also l'am moving and shooting.

they turn around start shooting after about 2 second they killed me.

I'm using high powed weapons too (ak-47 ect)
GtaIVAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #11
Anton
Kingpin
Newbie Member

Anton is on a distinguished roadAnton is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Yeah, I like to think I'm a decent GTA Player, but when I'm in a match with Auto-Aim on, it just sucks, I get killed way too easy fom distances and angles that don't make sense, when Auto-Aim is off however I'm usually in the Top 3
Likewise, I just finished a Team Death Match with Auto-Aim off and I was first, crouching and controlled bursts of fire are what counts, too many players panic and hammer the fire button, plus few take cover or crouch.

Auto-Aim matches are very brutal, more so if there are high ranking players (8-10) in the match who can only be brought down by multiple lower ranks. I also voice my anger (out aloud) when I drop dead behind cover in Auto-Aim matches, very annoying!

The best thing to do in Auto-Aim matches is to avoid using vehicles altogether, don't even bother trying to run people down because you will die before you get the chance, even using a vehicle to get around the map is something I wouldn't advise (unless if the Host has set the map to the whole of Liberty City, which is daft even in full 15 player matches.)

It takes some time getting used to the brutality of GTA IV Online, but once you grasp it, trust me, it is so much fun!
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #12
WheresMalik
Please and Hate Yourself

WheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enough
I don't want to toot my own horn but I think I'm pretty.damn.good at multiplayer. I am the opposite of most of you guys, I think auto-aim off is so freaking cheap.

9/10 times when I'm in a game with auto-aim off, everyone just tries to be as far away as possible and only gets so close that the bullets JUST hit you. I don't know how to explain it, but I think you guys know what I mean.

In any event, I am damn good for a few reasons.

1. Burst fire. COD4 taught me this little lesson and it works WELL. If you're not RIGHT NEXT TO THEM, fire in bursts. Your bullets won't do the clockwise rotation that they like to do if you're just holding down the trigger.
2. Close the distance. Stay behind cover but get as close as you can before you start firing.
3. Don't unnecessarily try to go Rambo out in the open and kill everyone. Use the cover system to your advantage. Snake your way to them using alleys and the like. Hell, even telephone poles can save you for a few seconds.
4. Bullets can go through walls sometimes. Yeah, it's piss-poor things like this that make me angry but try to remember that. If you're covering at the edge of a building, make sure to stay 5 feet or so away from the edge so that their bullets won't go through the building and hit you. Only get close to the edge when they start inching their way towards you or to the side thinking they're going to have an easy shot.
5. BE PATIENT! 'Hiding' behind cover can be extremely effective and a lot of times people will get pissed and say "Screw it!" and try to Rambo you. This is your chance to merk them.
6. If auto-aim is on, lock onto them before you inch your way to the edge of cover. Keep them locked on until you have a clean shot. Even if they go behind cover, you can stay locked on until they pop their pretty little heads out.
7. Always aim for the head. Always always always.

I had a few more but I lost track of what I wanted to say. I am not trying to be a dick, but sometimes I get so many kills following these rules in Team Deathmatch my team mates get pissed and leave because they don't get any kills. That is why I [am mostly forced to] play Deathmatch.

Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
Marley

All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own.
Goethe
WheresMalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #13
SanFan
Don't try, you'll die!

SanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the rough
u forgot one thing...
ALWAYS report cheaters
SanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #14
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFan View Post
u forgot one thing...
ALWAYS report cheaters
well i dont know what console your playing on but they never have anything done to them

your more likely to get in trouble for having profanity in your profile then cheating on ten xbox live games in a row with 4 people reporting you. maybe its only me but everytime i see a cheater nothing ever gets done about them i know it takes a couple of days but sometimes i have chekced the same person who has cheated glitch etc etc. and a couple of days later there still playing. yet i get banned and i havent cheated once, for putting im a sexy ho in my profile what kind of shit is that, that happened a while ago by the way and now it just says code of conduct in my profile

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote