Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2008   #1
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
What console should i get it for? i will +rep if you help

Here is my position:

If i get it for xbox 360:
DLC (yummy!)
No online play (just bleedin' ran out!)
If i pay for online play it will be laggy, jesus i hate p2p servers

Ps3:
Better controls
No DLC
Nice, fast, free online play (but no voice chat, but i can live with that)

So basiccally its either multiplayer or dlc.

Question: I forgot the differences vissually between them, the 360 has better anti aliasing but what did the ps3 have?
Old 04-10-2008   #2
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
360: two reasons: cheaper, and DLC, controls will be almost identical, and the aiming feature should be better on a 360's left trigger

EDIT: Oh, didn't realise you already had both :/ Take out the cheaper reason and make your mind from there
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #3
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
But remember i wont get online multiplayer
Old 04-10-2008   #4
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
ps3 had like more colorful colors, lol.

they will both preform the same.

the "better controls" is personal preference.

the DLC WILL be great.

i wouldnt play online if i couldnt comunicate with others, and if u think live is laggy
*play with people near you
*port froward or something

and i also hear u cannot play PSN with people from other country's witch would suck, i can play live with alot of americans fine.
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #5
greekgoat91
Liberty City Survivor Winner

greekgoat91 is on a distinguished roadgreekgoat91 is on a distinguished road
he already has both consoles presumably so the cheaper argument is out the window. and where did it say that PS3 won't have voice support? I'm pretty sure it will
Old 04-10-2008   #6
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
You can still get a silver account and you can still download for free on Xbox Live, just need to connect using your basic ethernet connection

And to above, I corrected myself before you posted, I don't read sigs
Old 04-10-2008   #7
Jakenz

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgoat91 View Post
he already has both consoles presumably so the cheaper argument is out the window. and where did it say that PS3 won't have voice support? I'm pretty sure it will

im only going off what the guys said at the top of the thread

Old 04-10-2008   #8
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
there will be DLC for PS3 eventually, and you could always get a headset for ps3, they don't cost much.

here is a Xbox 360/Playstation 3 visual comparison using Skate for you to look at:

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/a...1080p1.jpg.jpg

PS. jakenz, you can connect internationally with PSN, i have played against people all over the world

Last edited by Lukeyy19; 04-10-2008 at 03:00 PM..
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #9
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

They said aiming is left trigger, right? Now surely it would be easier to swith between free-aim and lock-on with the pressure control on the left trigger. This is only based from PS2 pads, but you can't really do that with the PS3 pads
Old 04-10-2008   #10
Jakenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
there will be DLC for PS3 eventually, and you could always get a headset for ps3, they don't cost much.

here is a Xbox 360/Playstation 3 visual comparison using Skate for you to look at:

HIGHLY doubt it will end up on ps3.

IMO on the skate screenshots the 360 looks more detailed and the ps3 looks dull and blury, but im sure you wouldnt notice if u were just playing it.

BOTTOM LINE IS

It will look the same on both consoles and you will not care about small differences.

DLC will only be on 360 and we get it later this year and in the first half of 2009.

ps3 = free online but not better online.

controls is up2 you and yes the ps3 has a presure sensitive trigger like the 360s, it may be harder to use or something but ull get used to it, i hate the ps3s controler because its too small for me.

Old 04-10-2008   #11
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
either one PS3 or XBOX 360
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #12
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakenz View Post
HIGHLY doubt it will end up on ps3.

IMO on the skate screenshots the 360 looks more detailed and the ps3 looks dull and blury, but im sure you wouldnt notice if u were just playing it.

BOTTOM LINE IS

It will look the same on both consoles and you will not care about small differences.

DLC will only be on 360 and we get it later this year and in the first half of 2009.

ps3 = free online but not better online.
Wikipedia:
Quote:
PlayStation 3

Downloadable content for the PlayStation 3 was confirmed by Jeronimo Barrera, in the May edition of PlayStation World Magazine. The form that the content will take was not stated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTAIV

AND
Free is always better than not free, especially when its no different

so it's really up to you, just bear in mind, its not like "there will be no DLC for PS3" its just the 360 has EXCLUSIVE DLC, all that means is the 360 is getting 2 episodes that the PS3 won't, who's to say after that they wont be on both?

Last edited by Lukeyy19; 04-10-2008 at 03:16 PM..
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #13
JohnnyRodz
Banned
Banned

JohnnyRodz can only hope to improve
Not another one of these fucking threads.
JohnnyRodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #14
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
If you're really tossed up about which system to purchase GTA IV for, wait until it's out and you see what it's like at friends' houses, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post

PS. jakenz, you can connect internationally with PSN, i have played against people all over the world
PS3 will not be getting DLC comparable to what Microsoft dished out $50,000,000 for. From what I know, DLC for PS3 is a rumor right now.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #15
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
acceleration will be better on cars on the 360...
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote