Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2008   #1
tuffluk
Newbie Member

tuffluk is an unknown quantity at this point
GTA: IV Mulitplayer Question

I have read lots of previews on the multiplayer,and i know you will experience the whole liberty city even in multiplayer. But it hasn't been verified if the entire liberty city location will be open immediately for the mulitplayer. Llike all GTA games you open other areas the further u progress in the game, but will you be able to play the areas that are not open in single player in multiplayer?
tuffluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #2
Nizam786
ARSENAL TIL I DIE!
Amateur Member

Nizam786 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would think so

It'd pretty stupid to put some type of way of restricting people in online play becuase of story progress

imagine it - one person can go everywhere egt the best weapons whilst some one is restricted to a set area - that would kill online before it egts a chance to flourish

COM'ON CHELSEA ! LONDON'S ONLY HOPE OF GETTING THE TITLE BACK!

I H8 GLORY HUNTERS!

Nizam786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #3
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffluk View Post
I have read lots of previews on the multiplayer,and i know you will experience the whole liberty city even in multiplayer. But it hasn't been verified if the entire liberty city location will be open immediately for the mulitplayer. Llike all GTA games you open other areas the further u progress in the game, but will you be able to play the areas that are not open in single player in multiplayer?
apparently you have to do like one mission to get your cell and then you can do anything you want, roam anywhere you want in multiplayer straight away, although to unlock new clothes and stuff for MP you have to play single player
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #4
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Quote:
although to unlock new clothes and stuff for MP you have to play single player
Thats not how it works, here is a paragraph in the IGN multiplayer preview stating how you get new clothes for multiplayer.
Quote:
You won't play the story mode in multiplayer. In fact, no one gets to be Niko online. Instead, you'll create a custom character (dude or babe) from about a half-dozen options. While the options we were shown were fairly limited, new clothes and accessories unlock as you rank up. Ranks run from 0-10, with experience earned by collecting cash in multiplayer. Cash is dropped by opponents and can be nabbed by anyone and is also automatically earned for performing certain tasks in the various modes. We didn't get to experience the leveling system, but it appears fairly simple. It's meant to reward you for playing a lot of multiplayer, but leveling up your character isn't the focus as it tends to be in Call of Duty 4 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
Old 04-09-2008   #5
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
I was thing about this too. I would imagine that the entire world would be open from the get go ( on multiplayer), and in a magazine preview i read that they would be open in single player aswell, you just get the 5 star wanted level right away.
" I' am looking for that special someone" who knows "Maybe things will be different". All I'm trying to say is. Whoops wait a second here, "Move up ladies", there we go. All I am trying to say is not "everyone is a rat". "Good lord man, what are you doing"!?!?!

Trying to put all the names of the trailer is to a small statement.
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #6
Nizam786
ARSENAL TIL I DIE!
Amateur Member

Nizam786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkio View Post
i read that they would be open in single player aswell, you just get the 5 star wanted level right away.

Simillar to SA then

COM'ON CHELSEA ! LONDON'S ONLY HOPE OF GETTING THE TITLE BACK!

I H8 GLORY HUNTERS!

Nizam786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #7
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
yeah, exactly. Except I don't think it will be as easy. hahahaha
at least we dont have to deal with anymore f-15 jets if we decide to fly over

also.....welcome to the forums bro.
" I' am looking for that special someone" who knows "Maybe things will be different". All I'm trying to say is. Whoops wait a second here, "Move up ladies", there we go. All I am trying to say is not "everyone is a rat". "Good lord man, what are you doing"!?!?!

Trying to put all the names of the trailer is to a small statement.

Last edited by monkio; 04-09-2008 at 02:03 PM..
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #8
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
same i agree no jets woo hoo

Last edited by claud3; 04-09-2008 at 05:21 PM..
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #9
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a question for ya all it says that you can free roam in gta iv multiplayer but it mentions "maps" so what does that mean then go to far and ul get kicked or something?
Old 04-09-2008   #10
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostrodney View Post
i got a question for ya all it says that you can free roam in gta iv multiplayer but it mentions "maps" so what does that mean then go to far and ul get kicked or something?
free roam means you can go anywhere in liberty city it is all open for you to explore. You can talk with your mates all 15 of them because you can only have 16 players at once. You can chill out with them. There is no Multiplayer tasks it is your liberty city for you to do what you want
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #11
TheDGP
Newbie Member

TheDGP is on a distinguished roadTheDGP is on a distinguished road
When there is a multiplayer game where the host selects which part of the city the game will be played in that part is the only part of the city where guns and respawn locations are going to be. You can still go wherever you want in the city.
Old 04-09-2008   #12
PulpzillA
Amateur Member

PulpzillA is an unknown quantity at this point
i was just thinking when in free roam do you have your own wanted level or is it combined with everyone else?
PulpzillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #13
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PulpzillA View Post
i was just thinking when in free roam do you have your own wanted level or is it combined with everyone else?
individual stars
I read it here: Click

Quote:
"This ends up in some incredibly nuts gameplay as every stray bullet that grazes an innocent bystander, or whistles passed the ear of a police officer, is certain to bring a wanted star or two. Now multiply that by however many players are in the lobby, each with their own specific wanted levels, and you've got a police shoot-out of truly epic proportions. It's like that scene in the film Heat..."

Last edited by rean2; 04-09-2008 at 06:46 PM..
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #14
Matt_310
PSN = Matt_310

Matt_310 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you begin to imagine that ??? It would just be hectic bullets whistling everywhere and hundreds of police officers... it would be one big riot !! Amazing
Matt_310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #15
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
yea that's awesome
you can make up a game with ur friends first to 5 or 6 stars wins or something lol