Old 03-31-2008   #1
ATICE
Newbie Member

ATICE is an unknown quantity at this point
GTA IV.... PC?

GTA IV... finally it's almost here! Just 28 more days. What I do not like is that there was no announcement of a PC version whatsoever. I thought it would be great to start a topic about this, because I think it's a very interesting subject to chat about.

Anyone unpleased about the fact that there has been no announcement of a PC version, as well?

Oh, and if there has been an announcement of a PC version.. I'm terribly sorry, you may remove this topic. I have searched a lot, and I did not think that I would miss an announcement about this.
ATICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #2
Cpt_Chris
Amateur Member

Cpt_Chris is on a distinguished roadCpt_Chris is on a distinguished road
although i own both platforms I feel bad for PC people and would like to see a release. I also would consider purchasing a PC version for mods and such...but to answer your question I'm not so sure there is an actual release set but I hear late summer to fall.
Cpt_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #3
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
Judging all the stuff that's in GTAIV, and the graphics, you'd need Crysis-type specs to play it
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #4
Bravo0246
Newbie Member

Bravo0246 is an unknown quantity at this point
Most probably like assassins creed specs for PC cause that needs a lot of RAM since it's also an open world.
Bravo0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #5
Vini
Mustafo is coming!

Vini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeandbooze View Post
Judging all the stuff that's in GTAIV, and the graphics, you'd need Crysis-type specs to play it
If a 3 year old console can run it, I doubt you'll need a top of the line card for it.
Old 03-31-2008   #6
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vini View Post
If a 3 year old console can run it, I doubt you'll need a top of the line card for it.
yeah, true, but it's pretty jam-packed. plus, i'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that the 360 has some pretty good innards for an old SOB
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #7
r33dh4m

r33dh4m is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATICE View Post
GTA IV... finally it's almost here! Just 28 more days. What I do not like is that there was no announcement of a PC version whatsoever. I thought it would be great to start a topic about this, because I think it's a very interesting subject to chat about.

Anyone unpleased about the fact that there has been no announcement of a PC version, as well?

Oh, and if there has been an announcement of a PC version.. I'm terribly sorry, you may remove this topic. I have searched a lot, and I did not think that I would miss an announcement about this.
I think they won't release a PC version because of people downloading pirated versions of previous GTA's. I don't blame them for it if that's the reason.
r33dh4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #8
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Give it 6 - 12 months before you hear any news of a PC version of GTA IV.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #9
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
I expect them to make an announcement about it shortly after April 29th. But I wouldn't expect a release before 2009.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #10
Scotty

Scotty is on a distinguished roadScotty is on a distinguished roadScotty is on a distinguished road
I'll never be able to wait that long.

I'll probably be buying a 360/PS3 in the next couple of weeks to play it.

Jeez, $500+ to play one game...
Old 04-01-2008   #11
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
To be honest im more hyped up in a way about the PC release than the console releases, the reason is is because you can do so much more on the pc including modding etc; than on consoles. Just look at how far SA has come from the release with SAMP and MTA, GTA ia amazing online on the pc, as soon as modders, samp and AIU start to release MP patches for the game when its released it will without a doubt be better online than the console versions.

Another main thing i am looking forward to though is the graphics, ive got a pretty good graphics card but i might need to upgrade again by the time of GTAIVs release on PC and so will many other people. I am really looking forward to this release, i hear its rummoured for August am i correct? anyway this is gonna be a wopper for pc when its released.
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote