Old 03-31-2008   #1
Conjo
Amateur Member

Conjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Will IV be true widescreen?

maybe a dumb question, but i have the following tv, and I always get games which i can't play fullscreen, cause they dont have widescreen. like in CoD4, i can only use like a third of the screen, otherwise it distorts the whole view. Assasins Creed though is full widescreen (once in gameplay, not the main menu)
Does anyone know?

Conjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #2
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know you probably have as you know what your talking about, but have you tried changing your xbox/ps3 display settings and seeing what happens?

I belive it will be widescreen.
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
ALL Xbox 360/PS3 games are required to have Widescreen support, HD is true Widescreen resolution as well as high definition, so when scaling down to SD resolutions it still has the ability to display widescreen if you have a TV compatable with it. In short, Yes, the game was made in Widescreen.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #4
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
That's just your TV I think. Is it supportive of HD picture? You will get the black bars in games that are native to HD but are displaying in SD. In order to get HD, you need to have component cables (red, blue, green) or HDMI and put the console into an HD format (720p, 1080i/1080p).
Old 03-31-2008   #5
Conjo
Amateur Member

hi all thanks for the replies, and no i don't have an HD ready tv, its fairly old but still looks and sounds great. anyway whatever I do, i also get the ps3 menu distorted if I access full screen. what is up with that?
Old 03-31-2008   #6
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
There might be a button on your remote control called P.SIZE or something that resizes the current thing on your tv (whether its wide or not) It will distort your current screen to wide or normal, fixing any distortion you see.
Old 03-31-2008   #7
Conjo
Amateur Member

Yeah I know, i have like 5 different functions, one of them being a zoom in, and you can pan up or down, thats the one you need for true widescreen, but it won't show everything this way, while it does work with Assassins creed or any widescreen movie... weird huh?
Old 03-31-2008   #8
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
some CRT widescreens stuff it up, i think u may have one but its hard to tell by the picture, but my friends is cut off on the right for 50hz and on the left for 60hz
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote