Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2008   #1
Eva_3rd_Child
Newbie Member

Eva_3rd_Child is an unknown quantity at this point
Gameplay screenshots spoiling too much?

I didn't think gameplay screenshots would be released so early, and I really thought that I'd continue looking up any new news, but now I'm not so sure. Does anybody else think that too much is being revealed now, and it's going to take away from the experience of playing the game for the first time? I just saw the HUD screenshot on the front news page for a split second, but looked away quickly before I could get a really good look at it.

Is anybody else here going to try to avoid looking at HUD/gameplay screenshots? I'm going to try to, but that might be really hard when going to any gta fansites. So what should I do? I don't want to be left in the dark until it comes out, because the news helps to build the hype...but the gameplay shots are going to become spoiling imo. Help??
Eva_3rd_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #2
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well it was never planned for these to be released, this was all ZOO! Magazine. Eventually though, we may more than likely get some official, digital in-game screenshots displaying the HUD, like we did with San Andreas.
Old 03-30-2008   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Simple thing is just avoid the front page then until the game comes out and just stick around on the forums, avoiding threads which are quite obviously contain spoilers.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #4
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Why is the hud a spoiler? it has no bearing on the storyline?
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #5
Cpt_Chris
Amateur Member

Cpt_Chris is on a distinguished roadCpt_Chris is on a distinguished road
I think he's just saying gameplay screens in general, not sure though
Cpt_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #6
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
I understand that, but you know, without knowing the storyline it's just images to me. But hey c'est la vie.
Old 03-30-2008   #7
Eva_3rd_Child
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfett21 View Post
Why is the hud a spoiler? it has no bearing on the storyline?
True, it has nothing to do with the story, but I still think that seeing the HUD and what the game looks like while playing would spoil discovering all that during the first play.

And I'll probably stay on the forums, avoiding any topics that might have spoilers. Same thing with the main news page, I might read the title of anything new, but might not read the rest.
Old 03-30-2008   #8
UnknownProjects

UnknownProjects is on a distinguished roadUnknownProjects is on a distinguished roadUnknownProjects is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Chris View Post
I think he's just saying gameplay screens in general, not sure though
Yeah but i mean, a screen wouldn't really spoil anything....

If you wanted to stay away from gameplay you shouldnt have watched the 4th trailer either (im guessing you did), but they said that the 4th trailer when the infernous(sp) or cheeta(sp) or what ever car it was, (we don't know exactly yet) when it did that 180 that was gameplay...

Because the article at GTAPlanet, they said it took them hours to get it right...
UnknownProjects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #9
Eva_3rd_Child
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownProjects View Post
Yeah but i mean, a screen wouldn't really spoil anything....

If you wanted to stay away from gameplay you shouldnt have watched the 4th trailer either (im guessing you did), but they said that the 4th trailer when the infernous(sp) or cheeta(sp) or what ever car it was, (we don't know exactly yet) when it did that 180 that was gameplay...

Because the article at GTAPlanet, they said it took them hours to get it right...
I'm ok with trailers and such, because they don't show what it actually looks like while playing. They change the camera angles and make it more cinematic.
Old 03-30-2008   #10
Bfett21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva_3rd_Child View Post
True, it has nothing to do with the story, but I still think that seeing the HUD and what the game looks like while playing would spoil discovering all that during the first play.

And I'll probably stay on the forums, avoiding any topics that might have spoilers. Same thing with the main news page, I might read the title of anything new, but might not read the rest.
Differen't strokes I guess.
Old 03-30-2008   #11
blood

blood is an unknown quantity at this point
i ignored the pictures showing gameplay. i don't want to spoil the way it's going to look when i first play the game. it should be removed from the site.
blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #12
gtafan420
GTAfan420

gtafan420 is an unknown quantity at this point
the screens of multiplayer are gameplay, just from different camera angles. I personally hope to see official screenshots of the gameplay soon, just not too much of course. i dont want anything in the game that you dont have access to right away to be spoiled. never the less, gtagaming, keep it coming! only four weeks to go!!!!!
gtafan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #13
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
these small ingame screenshots (spoilers) are the only thing keeping me from going insane.
" I' am looking for that special someone" who knows "Maybe things will be different". All I'm trying to say is. Whoops wait a second here, "Move up ladies", there we go. All I am trying to say is not "everyone is a rat". "Good lord man, what are you doing"!?!?!

Trying to put all the names of the trailer is to a small statement.
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #14
vinney15

vinney15 is on a distinguished roadvinney15 is on a distinguished road
i think !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be used more efficiently in these forums
vinney15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #15
Luciphear
Amateur Member

Luciphear is an unknown quantity at this point
SPOILER?!! <- Just in case somebody doesn't want to know what I'm about to say regarding the Zoo-images. :3
...not that anyone will be able to figure anything out of it anyway. XD

I don't mind a thing or two, but as long as we don't get too much. The only difference from the picture in my mind on that HUD is that the radar is in the opposite corner of the screen. o_O
The graphics looks really comfortable as well to me, so there are no disappointments there. XD

Last edited by Luciphear; 03-30-2008 at 11:57 PM..
Luciphear is offline   Reply With Quote