Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2008   #1
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
the Morn of the 29th of april...

i know many people, like me have ordered gta iv online and will be waiting in appticipation on the morning of april the 29th for mr postman to deliver. but what if he doesnt untill the next day or maybe a few days after, personally it would be a disaster for me, after waiting all this time and then you have to wait longer. i would be almost pissed off if it spoiled it for me, i dont want to know what the hud looks like or how it looks real ingame, i want to experience it for myself and i may find myself having to not go on the net just to avoid it getting spoiled, because no doubt it will.
anyone feel the same or is it just me?
thoughts/comments
Old 03-30-2008   #2
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I preorderd it at ebgames and got the overnight delivery if it dosent, come to me on the 29th i will be super pissed.
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #3
mmafighter
Hit em' hard

mmafighter is on a distinguished roadmmafighter is on a distinguished road
Yeah, does anybody know when we will be getting the game if you preordered it directly from rockstars website? I did this and i just hope it doesnt come like a week later...but i figured it would come on time since it was from rockstars own warehouse. I dont know, if anybody knows just reply....thnx
Old 03-30-2008   #4
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
im not sure about rockstar but i ordered mine from play.com and every game iv orderd off there came a day early would be nice though
Old 03-30-2008   #5
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
I would think that most people have pre-ordered from game stores and would be able to just go the store to pick it up.

GameStop, EBGames, etc.
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #6
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
I put my 5 bucks worth right now for EB Games to save my copy.
Im getting paid twice til the game comes out, so ill have money by then.
Old 03-30-2008   #7
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
This happened to me with San Andreas, I ended up getting it on the Tuesday after the Friday it was released. The reason: I pre ordered in March and at some point between March and October the Credit Card had expired so it wasn't valid on release so I rang them up the release day afternoon to fix it. The silly thing is the replacement card has the same details except for the expiry date. Ah well.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #8
Chase360
Newbie Member

Chase360 is an unknown quantity at this point
I will just walk into Circuit City the morning of April 29th right when it opens and get it.
Old 03-30-2008   #9
gtadude
Newbie Member

gtadude is an unknown quantity at this point
I haven't a problem getting games on time when i've pre-ordered them, i guess i'm just lucky in the sense i'm not getting my hopes up though just in case GTA4 isn't delievered to me on time!
gtadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #10
JohnnyRodz
Banned
Banned

JohnnyRodz can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSchwab View Post
I would think that most people have pre-ordered from game stores and would be able to just go the store to pick it up.

GameStop, EBGames, etc.

Some people live in towns where they just can't walk in and pick a game up. You ever come to think of that?
JohnnyRodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #11
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to go to school.
Old 03-30-2008   #12
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Going to a midnight launch party tbh.
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #13
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
If I get the game a couple of days after it's released it wouldn't bother me. We've waited almost a year, a few more days isn't the end of the world.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #14
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
I just preordered my copy, I'll probably go to school and then go straight from school to Best Buy.
To bad that the 29th is a day that I HAVE to be at aschool.
the 30th and days after however...
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #15
r33dh4m

r33dh4m is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm glad I ordered mine with in-store pickup.
r33dh4m is offline   Reply With Quote