Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2009   #61
Benson
Benson

Benson is an unknown quantity at this point
i remember like 3 or 4 years ago i heard that the next grand theft auto would be in either new york city or Tokyo. Since they obviously did new york i always thought they would try Tokyo but you never really know whats going to come next.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #62
GfOrcebOnd
Newbie Member

GfOrcebOnd is an unknown quantity at this point
It's been tradition for them to jump from liberty city to vice city and san andreas. Of course i havn't played the london version where it was in britian or some shit. I think what you might see in the next game is the ability to travel to multiple cities like you use to be able to do in gta 1 and 2. I think the only reason they split them up was b/c of memory and to make more money obviosily. One thing that i noticed off hand was that the guy lazlow was from the midwest and for some reason he talked alot on the radio in gtaiv about the midwest. I'm from chicago myself. I think if they made a game based off chicago that would be kick ass. Chicago is one of the most corrupt cities in the country. When 4 out of the last 8 governors of illinois have served time i think that sets the bar right there.
GfOrcebOnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #63
Siriku

Siriku is on a distinguished roadSiriku is on a distinguished roadSiriku is on a distinguished road
Personally, i'm not quite sure what to make of a modern day Vice City. It may be the nostalgia rearing up, but I don't think Vice City could top the 80's. It had a unique vibe, which made the fact it was set so far in the past even more special.

We didn't have a modern GTA after III until IV, conveniently set in Liberty City, which goes with the modern feel of things. Vice City seems to me like it needs to stay in the 80's.

I think the main question is, who would want to drive around Ocean Beach and not be able to listen to "Video Killed the Radio Star" and "Japanese Boy" in succession ;].

Vice City again, yes, I LOVED the original, but leave it in that time period. It's almost magical, out of reach, like an eon ago. For me anyway, considering I wasn't born until 89, so it feels ancient. Anywhere in the 80's would be brilliant.
Siriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #64
Jake2103
Master in FAIL

Jake2103 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTheDesigner View Post
If they were really bad ass, they'd do london and shove The Getaway one right up the arse.
Or Amsterdam. Or Venice/Roma. Or Moscow. Denmark. lol.

You can't say 'whatever that was called' to The Getaway, man.
You'll piss off the developers, lol.

If you need to go to race in the hart of Amsterdam or Rome you must have good driving skills.
In Venice you better call GTA GTB (Grand Theft Boat)
Moscow and Denmark can be a little cold, (If you want that why not go tp Alaska or Canada)
I think that they better keep chewing on old gum with some cool Extra's (Grapling Rope, Big ammount of Weapons, That Stuff)
Jake2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010   #65
Jake2103
Master in FAIL

If they will go to VC its cool to add more supercars and heli's in places where many ''rich'' have their houses.

Last edited by Jake2103; 02-21-2010 at 07:14 AM..
Old 03-10-2010   #66
Russ
Dats da fact jack!

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Sooooo, has anyone hard anything new about a possible new location?
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010   #67
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
No news yet, GTA news is a bit dead at the moment with all the main Rockstar focus on Red Dead Redemption followed by L.A.Noire/Max Payne 3/Agent that they also need to get out by the end of the year, not forgetting Bully 2 needs TBA. And of course not forgetting EFLC comes out on PC and PS3 at the end of the month so Rockstar arn't willing to announce anything about a new GTA before that hits for obvious marketing reasons.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #68
chrisuk
Newbie Member

chrisuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiM View Post
They shouldn't pick Vice City, honestly. It has been said above: Vice City only works in the 80's. I mean, that's xhat made Vice City! Without the influence of Miami Vice and Scarface, Vice City would be a different city!
That's the point. It's a TOTALLY different city, so it'd be balanced between feeling the same but feeling a bit new at the same time.
chrisuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #69
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Modern Miami still has some influence, of course you've got the modern Miami Vice film which shows off modern Miami quite well, TV Shows like Burn Notice and of course CSI: Miami also show the kind of underworld that's possible in a modern day Miami.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #70
Misanthrope
Scooter Brother

Misanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura about
How about doing the game through the eyes of a redneck guy after his trailer park gets bulldozed for condos. He could decide to go after the developers, but discover that he has to work his way up through the powerful Vice City underground to get his shot at them.

Or

Even though it sounds just like 4, you could be an immigrant who comes to America and does menial work before getting fed up and angling to be an underworld star. Unfortunately, a series of bad decisions and betrayals send it all spiraling down the toilet. Wait, actually that's Scarface.

Or

You could be some hit man moving to VC to get away from the sordid life you once knew. Unfortunately, you find yourself in a "wrong place, wrong time" situation, and are indentured to various criminals as your dream of a quiet life slips away. All the while, your "work" attracts the attention of someone who wants revenge on you for your past, and plans to bring the wrath of heaven down on you in the finale.

Or,

Someone has slogged through the muck to emerge king of the town, and now sits on the throne of a crime empire, but you're not him, you're his daughter. When his top underlings band together and take him down, they fail to kill you. You lie low at first, doing jobs for low levl thugs and finally you get allies so you can start knocking them off and reclaiming your birthright. As you reap your revenge the conspirators start getting wise and try to correct their oversight.

Vice City has possibility for plenty of intriguing stories, so I can deal if they decide to go back, though my heart is set on a new San Andreas. It wouldn't matter who I played there, I just like the countryside.
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010   #71
Santanamigo
Newbie Member

Santanamigo is an unknown quantity at this point
gta amsterdam??

i think you wouldn't have to run around dealing weeds.. lol
Santanamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010   #72
Jake2103
Master in FAIL

The main thing that a new Vice City will need is a massive mapsize and many highway's with many possibility's to drive fast. But lose that entire boring mob thing with the high criminals.
Old 07-06-2010   #73
Dr.Shock
:!Warning!: Electrically Charged

Dr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enough
It's just wishful thinking and unrealistic as the map size would be huge but it would be nice if they included all 3 vice city san andreas and liberty city and had it to where you could drive or fly to each one the main thing I am praying for is bringing back some options like changing hair style tuning cars and working out or a mall like in vice city and being able to buy property was cool too and if they did just vice city I agree with jake they would need to make it much bigger also I wish they would makethe next gta modder friendly so we dont have to unlock modding any more modding keeps there game alive you would think they know that by now
Dr.Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010   #74
monster875
not so unknown-user anymore

monster875 is on a distinguished roadmonster875 is on a distinguished roadmonster875 is on a distinguished roadmonster875 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shock View Post
it would be nice if they included all 3 vice city san andreas and liberty city
San Andreas is a state. Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas is cities in San Andreas
monster875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010   #75
Dr.Shock
:!Warning!: Electrically Charged

Dr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enoughDr.Shock will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster875 View Post
San Andreas is a state. Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas is cities in San Andreas
true thats what I meant it would be nice to have it all the whole map from GTASA GTAVC & GTA4 but sadly like I said its un realistic unless maybe they make it where you have to take a plane to each map either way I just hope the map is big and more like San Andreas as far as the differences like the country to citys to a wastland that was sweet and for god sakes I want planes and jets back and all the other great option that GTASA had
Dr.Shock is offline   Reply With Quote