Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2008   #1
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Rockstar Games Social Club

From our homepage:

Quote:
Rockstar Games today announced the creation of Social Club, a website which will track progress of players in Grand Theft Auto IV and many other titles. The website's features for Grand Theft Auto IV include:
LCPD Police Blotter
A virtual map and tracker of single-player criminal activity logged in Liberty City from the aggregated data of millions of connected players - showing the most dangerous areas of town, most commonly used weapons and more.

The Story Gang
This special single-player leaderboard recognizes players who complete Niko Bellic's main story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV - The leaderboard ranks players according to the total amount of playing time it's taken to complete the story, as well as a historical rank by who has completed it first. Members of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges marking all of their in-game accomplishments.

The 100% Club
Watch to see who will be the first to complete 100% of the game. The first ten people to be identified on the Social Club as reaching 100% will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative 'key to the city' to mark their accomplishment. In the future, the 100% Club will then carry a historical leaderboard showing rankings of who has completed 100% of a game in the shortest span of playing hours.

The Hall of Fame
This area will dynamically recognize those singularly elite players who have reached the top of the hill on various statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of special in-game landmarks and successes in Social Club competitions.

The Liberty City Marathon
A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.

The Rockstar Games Social Club opens for registration on April 15.
The site is just a little image for now, but I'd assume that this is going to be something like what Bizarre created for Project Gotham Racing 4.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #2
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
OMFG!
Simply OMFG!
Old 03-27-2008   #3
MyNameIsRamone
Hates play.com

MyNameIsRamone is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds very intriguing.
MyNameIsRamone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #4
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Eh, honestly this is one of the things I sort of hate about this generation of gaming. Everything has to have leaderboards and show off who is the best, makes it too intense, when has GTA ever been about being the best anyway?
Old 03-27-2008   #5
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Since I can diss you for being a noob, Slim. Eat my 1337 dust.

Noob.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #6
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Eh, honestly this is one of the things I sort of hate about this generation of gaming. Everything has to have leaderboards and show off who is the best, makes it too intense, when has GTA ever been about being the best anyway?
Says the guy who is showing off his Guitar Hero scores in his signature
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #7
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I agree with you. But I don't mind the leaderboards...I just won't be paying much attention to them.

I do like the crime thing though, that's pretty cool.

^ Xbox 360 Multiplayer Crew - Join Us Today! ^
F8 Media | Experience Apollo
XBL Gamertag: Knight125
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #8
NikoteenBellic

NikoteenBellic is on a distinguished roadNikoteenBellic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The same reason you boast your guitar hero scores. I agree with you tho, Achievements changed the way I game. I have never cared for leaderboard ranking in previous games, but that's only because the people that had high ranks played that game and that game only. I play shit loads of games. But I have a feeling that when IV comes out, that will all change.
I am gonna enjoy having my gta career recorded.

Will they have multiplayer leaderboards also?
NikoteenBellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #9
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
I love the silent tracking of stats. I think it's been one of the best features of the series and I'd love to see more games pull everything together like this. Particularly, I'd love to see some sort of integrated Gamerscore thing for all gaming platforms but I doubt that this would ever happen.

I'm assuming by the way this reads that the X360 version of the game will probably include some sort of achievement for getting 100% since they seem to value this so highly. Would certainly be an incentive to do all the taxi missions etc which I saw as a chore in previous games.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
Says the guy who is showing off his Guitar Hero scores in his signature
I'm terrible compared to the rest of the world, I'm just tracking my scores.. ya whore (insult wasn't intended, I just wanted to make a rhyme!)
Old 03-27-2008   #11
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
I don't care what position I am on the boards, I play for fun not for competition. I'm deeply saddened that GTA has stooped to this level, cos this means that people will be competitive rather than playing for fun which is what this game is about really.

-Rep for R*

I'm still getting it though

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #12
NikoteenBellic

NikoteenBellic is on a distinguished roadNikoteenBellic is on a distinguished road
Yeah, 100% is gonna be a great achievement. Once unlocked, oh so sweet. 100% is the only achievement I need on bully, but I'm not sure if I can get it cus I passed out on halloween.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWiTCH View Post
I don't care what position I am on the boards, I play for fun not for competition. I'm deeply saddened that GTA has stooped to this level, cos this means that people will be competitive rather than playing for fun which is what this game is about really.

-Rep for R*

I'm still getting it though
Yeah good idea, I wouldn't let an optional leaderboard keep me from buying GTAIV either.

Last edited by NikoteenBellic; 03-27-2008 at 03:15 PM..
NikoteenBellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #13
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
i can not wait to be on the leaderboard so i will be happy has cheese in the mouth of a mouse

So bring them all on
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #14
RedAvery
F*ck all yaw B****es....Except all the staff. You guys are cool.
Amateur Member

RedAvery is infamous around these partsRedAvery is infamous around these parts
I wont be at the top of that list because i dont plan to rush anything. im just gonna relax and have a good time. take all my precious time.
RedAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #15
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'm terrible compared to the rest of the world, I'm just tracking my scores.. ya whore (insult wasn't intended, I just wanted to make a rhyme!)
If that's all you're doing with those scores in your signature, don't you have bookmarks for that?
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote