View Poll Results: Graphics you'd expect from a NEXT GEN game delayed 6 months
Yes 20 71.43%
No 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2008   #1
vinney15

vinney15 is on a distinguished roadvinney15 is on a distinguished road
The Graphics!!!

Honestly looking through the trailers and screenshots, the graphics are not looking consistent to the graphics in the first trailer. naturally trailers boast better graphics to gain attention but we were promised a distinct NEXT GEN looking game when looking at the STILL block looking character heads i'm really pissed off. Doesn't anyone else agree?
vinney15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #2
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinney15 View Post
Honestly looking through the trailers and screenshots, the graphics are not looking consistent to the graphics in the first trailer. naturally trailers boast better graphics to gain attention but we were promised a distinct NEXT GEN looking game when looking at the STILL block looking character heads i'm really pissed off. Doesn't anyone else agree?
First post, welcome..

on subject... the graphics has really evolved since the first trailer, true its not photorealistic graphics like Gran Turismo 5, but they're not bad in my opinion

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #3
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
the graphics are amazing for what gta is a mad game with the smooth frame rate the company have done extremley well in that if gta was left with the graphics of gta 3, gta vice or san andreas then we would be up in arms about it so with that in mind for me and everyone else i hope the graphics for this first gta game on the next-gen console is amazing
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #4
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
GTA isn't about the graphics though, it's gameplay that makes it, the main difference in GTA IV is the enhancement of the new graphics engine in character movement and reaction to whatever happens to him.
The graphics have been noted to look blurred in the distance, but more detailed close up, so i'm not expecting perfectoion, the programmers are only human, and can only go with the guidlines that Dan Houser has given them, there's got to be a balance between good graphics and playability, to much detail would make the game lag imo.

I will vote yes though, because i'm expecting a decent step up from SA.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #5
vinney15

vinney15 is on a distinguished roadvinney15 is on a distinguished road
ok ok i think your not getting what i'm sayin...

We were promised better graphics from the first trailer, now in the third trailer there is no way you can tell me the graphics match the first trailer.
vinney15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #6
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
They have been polishing the gameplay and multiplayer in these months (since the delay); I do feel no significant tweaks were made to the graphics, it's no major issue to me anyway.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #7
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
I love the graphics i think they have doubled in quality since the debut trailer
Old 03-27-2008   #8
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
I'm pretty confident that I'll be satisfied with the overall graphics of the game. As Clansman says, GTA is not all about the graphics. It's the gameplay that makes a classic.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #9
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
to me the graphics are amazing but you are right the gameplay is the thing that makes a great gta. like the main missions the side-missions the scerets the hide areas that the company left in. Yes for these days graphics are the thing for next-gen console' It does not have to be. The graphics are a great way to get your happy about the game but it is the gameplay the long term gameplay that should be the first thing you should of. The graphics should be second thing you should think of. The games now are all about graphics not gameplay so lets all get back to what it should be gameplay first and then graphics second. Because gameplay is what should sell a game not graphics
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #10
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
The graphics looked pretty off in the first trailer compared to now. In fact, they look a world better.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #11
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't care you can see all the other gta's weren't so good graphics but, i still love them all.
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #12
NikoteenBellic

NikoteenBellic is on a distinguished roadNikoteenBellic is on a distinguished road
I was extreemly impressed with saits row's graphics and when i saw trailer 1 for GTAIV i was scepticle. Although trailer 3 and the teaser vids from the site have proved this game is gonna look amazing, imo.

While Saints Row had great lush enviornments, everything was a bit to bright and cartoony. GTAIV looks like the graphics are on point and the overall mood is grim.
NikoteenBellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #13
Cpt_Chris
Amateur Member

Cpt_Chris is on a distinguished roadCpt_Chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoteenBellic View Post
I was extreemly impressed with saits row's graphics and when i saw trailer 1 for GTAIV i was scepticle. Although trailer 3 and the teaser vids from the site have proved this game is gonna look amazing, imo.

While Saints Row had great lush enviornments, everything was a bit to bright and cartoony. GTAIV looks like the graphics are on point and the overall mood is grim.
well said...I agree
Cpt_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #14
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Do a visual comparison with San Andreas vs. IV, if you see "little/no difference" you're blind as it gets. Also many designs have changed over the past 3 trailers, Niko's designed was changed, lighting was improved, and the game was optimized to run far more smoothly. If you're expecting high-def photo-real visuals with a city that immense (that loads only once at the beginning of the game), you're insane. If the whole thing looked photo-real it would fry both the 360 and PS3.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #15
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
Do a visual comparison with San Andreas vs. IV, if you see "little/no difference" you're blind as it gets. Also many designs have changed over the past 3 trailers, Niko's designed was changed, lighting was improved, and the game was optimized to run far more smoothly. If you're expecting high-def photo-real visuals with a city that immense (that loads only once at the beginning of the game), you're insane. If the whole thing looked photo-real it would fry both the 360 and PS3.
My thoughts.... There's no way a current gen console could supply enough processing power to fuel a photorealistic open world game.

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote